Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Where do I get iforged aeros?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 06:53 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by FB-350
Consider this... just because our Z's have had some issues, have we all given up and bought RX-8's?? HELL NO!
Maybe I'm just lucky, but my Z has had Zero issues. It's been flawless.....sort of like my Volks......
Attached Thumbnails Where do I get iforged aeros?-le37-2.jpg-reduced.jpg  
Old 01-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Brad4rdHay

ZZ, please man, take that bra off.
Not trying to sound like an ***, but your car looks so good, no reason to cover it up.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:01 PM
mofoz

im sorry but its true, why see a girl with a bra, when you could see the rack the way it was meant to be seen!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:23 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Unfortunately, their track record is horrid and regardless of who their front man now is, I don't think all their wheels will suddenly be delivered in a timely matter and free of any problems. If by some miracle they are, it's a pretty good indication of the lack of respect and consideration they have had for their individual customers.

We've been through all this before, and I was just warning a potential customer to do some checking before committing to what could be a bad purchase. If I just HAD to have Iforged wheels, I'd make them sign something to the effect that if the wheels were not delivered exactly on time and with flawless workmanship, then the entire puchase price would be refunded immediately. If they would agree to it, you're covered. If they wouldn't, 'nuff said.
have read a few posts about HREs clearcoat chipping, long deliveries and Volk stickers pealing off, small chips in paint and extra long deliveries, seems to me no one is perfect in this regard. To be honest I feel better about who is now doing thier painting/clear, since I now know I should never have problems down the road.

btw, so far my Z has a new tranny, grease streaks, rattles, tire feathering, etc....hardly a perfect product, but I still love it
Old 01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
Not trying to sound like an ***, but your car looks so good, no reason to cover it up.
plus its bad for your paint
Old 01-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Jsn350Z

Clear bra!!!! The new film Invisi Guard uses will not turn yellow either if you are worried about that. 3M's new film wont either...
Old 01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
There is a reason.....there is so much building and road construction going on here (Vegas is the fastest growing city in the country), you never know what's going to pop up in front of you. That bra has saved my Z's nose many times, and I don't even drive it that much. I had my braless Z06 less than year, and it's nose looked like it had been sand blasted. Sorry you hate the bra, but I like it better than the crappy clear bra, and my Z is still unmarked.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Jsn350Z

Oh and... AWESOME wheels.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Jsn350Z

"the crappy clear bra"

Right..

Lets use this for example... My lst SSZ was in an accident in which it experianced MAJOR road rash against a cement wall at 70-75 mph on the front end, two hits...

My front bumper was mangled to ****. For kciks I took the clear bra partway off and the paint under was PERFECT! Sure the bumper was demolished but the paint heldup perfectly to the impact. I thought that said a lot about how tough these things really are. Not to mention no one even knows it is there, even on my black Z.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:35 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Jsn350Z
"the crappy clear bra"

Right..

Lets use this for example... My lst SSZ was in an accident in which it experianced MAJOR road rash against a cement wall at 70-75 mph on the front end, two hits...

My front bumper was mangled to ****. For kciks I took the clear bra partway off and the paint under was PERFECT! Sure the bumper was demolished but the paint heldup perfectly to the impact. I thought that said a lot about how tough these things really are. Not to mention no one even knows it is there, even on my black Z.
there was a few other threads on this subject on another part of this website. These is my second car with the clearbra and I am amazed at how good it works, absolutely amazed, I go to some of the Z get togethers and runs and am amazed at the number of chips on the front of the Zs out there, sad.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:39 PM
ZZtopp

Oh and... AWESOME wheels.
Thanks.....

I saw a clear bra on a white 911 and it not only looked yellow, the dirt that collected in the edges was very visible, and might be impossible to keep clean. It was also substantially duller and more scratched than the paint. In other words, it made the car look like crap. Perhaps this was not the higher quality 3M stuff, but I think the clear bra would work better on other colors than PPW white. It gets damn hot here in the summer, and I'll bet the stuff will age quicker.

A couple of the rocks that my bra stopped would have definitely pierced the clear bra. As far as my bra being bad for the paint, I don't leave it on all the time, and certainly not when it's moist outside (which is almost never here). The paint is still perfect.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Jsn350Z

A rock will not peirce the bra... Like I said, I hit a cement wall and slid for a very long distance, and the bra help up just fine.

And also as I said, invisiguard and 3m are using new films that will not yellow. From my understanding the new invisiguard film is the better of the two.

Amd, the edges will DEFFINTILY NOT peel up, or get anything stuck in the side. Infact, the longer period of time it is on the car, the better it sticks down.

That porsche must have had a crappy kit with a crappy installer. It is important to have a good installer do the job to make it look right.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:58 PM
ZZtopp

A rock will not peirce the bra... Like I said, I hit a cement wall and slid for a very long distance, and the bra help up just fine.

And also as I said, invisiguard and 3m are using new films that will not yellow. From my understanding the new invisiguard film is the better of the two.

Amd, the edges will DEFFINTILY NOT peel up, or get anything stuck in the side. Infact, the longer period of time it is on the car, the better it sticks down.

That porsche must have had a crappy kit with a crappy installer. It is important to have a good installer do the job to make it look right.
I've never had clear bra, so I can say for sure about it's durability, but there has been more than one post on this site about rocks piercing the clear bra. There have even been photos posted.

In less than minute, I can drop the Colgan bra off the Z and have a car that looks brand new. If the clear bra does age or get duller than the paint, or even dented by rocks, I don't want to have to peel it off to get a clear look at the fresh paint underneath.....and for what it costs, I'll stick with what I've got.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Jsn350Z

"I've never had clear bra, so I can say for sure about it's durability, but there has been more than one post on this site about rocks piercing the clear bra. There have even been photos posted."

Really? I'd like to see those pics. Got a link?? Can't seem to find em. I suppose it is possible but it would have to be a hell of a rock at a hell of a force.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:30 PM
asw24sx

Well, I don't have a pic of the aeros on a Z, but my dad bought some and put them on his supra...they look so incredibly good! But, I mean, just about anything would look good on a Supra IMO. But here's a picture...

Old 01-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Jsn350Z

Looks DAMN nice.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:55 PM
rodH

Originally posted by asw24sx
Well, I don't have a pic of the aeros on a Z, but my dad bought some and put them on his supra...they look so incredibly good! But, I mean, just about anything would look good on a Supra IMO. But here's a picture...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:18 AM
JFritz

ZZ, I drove to Vegas at the beginning of this month and I have to agree with you, the construction and tore up roads are rediculous! I have 2 small chips (Luckily just clear coat) now thanks to that trip.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:19 AM
ZZtopp

"I've never had clear bra, so I can say for sure about it's durability, but there has been more than one post on this site about rocks piercing the clear bra. There have even been photos posted."

Really? I'd like to see those pics. Got a link?? Can't seem to find em. I suppose it is possible but it would have to be a hell of a rock at a hell of a force.
It was at least a year ago (soon after I took delivery of my Z) and I don't have the link, but I specifically remember that after seeing the photos, it was the main reason I decided not to go with the clear bra. Once you have a tear in it.....then what? Redo the whole damn thing?

If you're happy with yours, then great. It's just not something I want on my car.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:21 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by JFritz
ZZ, I drove to Vegas at the beginning of this month and I have to agree with you, the construction and tore up roads are rediculous! I have 2 small chips (Luckily just clear coat) now thanks to that trip.

.......and the way this place is growing, things won't change for a long time.

Quick Reply: Where do I get iforged aeros?