Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Vibratory Tumbler Service? Extreme perfect polishing, where?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vibratory Tumbler Service? Extreme perfect polishing, where?

I posted a thread in the regional forum, but am not getting any information there. This machine a vibratory tumbler is used to polish metals, and can be used on wheels as well. Obviously the wheel needs to be stripped of paint first, but I believe this saves a lot of hard labor that one would otherwise have to spend sanding through several steps of different grit sandpaper.

Could be as simple as aircraft paint remover, rinse, put in vibrational tumbler with appropriate polishing media, and walk away. I can't find a place that does this though I have found some DIY on building your own vibrational tumblers, but no one has made a home made one for the purpose of polishing entire wheels yet...

This is the professionally manufactured product ($$$$$$):
http://www.rosler.us/products/specia...ing_of_wheels/

Here's a DIY on how to make one out of inexpensive parts ($):
http://www.boyerfour.com/projects/tumbler/tumbler.htm

Anyone know besides a giant tire, what else I could use to fit car wheels inside that is bowl shaped? I can't seem to find a cheap commercial bowl shaped container large enough for an aftermarket wheel (18x9.5 ... though I'd like it to fit even larger wheels up to 24x14 if possible). Anyone have experience with DIY at home vibratory tumblers to polish large objects?

More conveniently, does anyone know a place that actually offers this service, preferably in the Pensacola/NW Florida/Panhandle area?

Last edited by mcarther101; 08-07-2013 at 07:46 PM.