Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

maximum width on a 19x8inch wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 01:49 PM
vitaminZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maximum width on a 19x8inch wheel?

this is my second post here, i have searched around this forum so sorry if i am not comprehending the info that i have read. i recently bought a set of motegi DPK's http://www.motegiracing.com/applicat...&Comments=None

i noticed that most of you that have upgraded your wheels have gone with a wider rim for the rear application. these particular wheels i purchased are only offered in 19x8, i figured that would not be a problem since my factory wheels are 18x8 front and rear also, am i wrong? with that said, what would be the widest tire i could use on these rims without causing uneven wear or any other discrepencies or problems to my new tires? i have noticed that most of you guys are using 245/35/19 front & 275/35/19 rear, i am thinking that my 8 inch wide wheels will only handle 255/40 or 265/40 or 35 safely, what do you guys think? can i please get some input on tire size, height and width. my factory offset is +30 front and rear, my new wheels are +40. will these offsets intefere with my brakes? do you guys foresee any problems with these wheels on my Z? any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Type R Boy

I dont think anything over 245 would be good on a 8 inch wide wheel.

And the offset seems to be wrong, you need something in the low 30s at least to clear the brakes. But it depends on the wheel.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Type R Boy

One more thing is that I find it weird that they recommended that size and offset for your car on the link you gave, something doesnt seem right. The size and offset seem more suited for a Honda of some sort. I recently sold a set of 19x8 Motegi for a 3.2 TL and it was in the size and offset IIRC.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:09 AM
vitaminZ

the motegi sales rep said that they had tested these wheels on a Z at the local dealer. is he lying to me? could be but i would like to think he isn't. i might just keep the stock widths for the front and rear so that there will only be a change in the height. i will consider spacers if the rims tuck in too much. would the +40 offset tuck the rim in more or less compared to the stock +30 offset? if i understand what i have been reading on the 350z forums they will tuck in more than my stock wheels, right or wrong?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:01 AM
Type R Boy

Originally posted by vitaminZ
the motegi sales rep said that they had tested these wheels on a Z at the local dealer. is he lying to me? could be but i would like to think he isn't. i might just keep the stock widths for the front and rear so that there will only be a change in the height. i will consider spacers if the rims tuck in too much. would the +40 offset tuck the rim in more or less compared to the stock +30 offset? if i understand what i have been reading on the 350z forums they will tuck in more than my stock wheels, right or wrong?

Tuck in more.