Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Need Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 08:35 AM
Zanimous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Opinion

Sorry if this question has already been ask
I found a cracked on my oem track v.1 so i am currently looking for replacement for them. I am interest in Enkei Raijin 18x9.5, for offset im a newb so i don't really understand or know which offset i should get +15,35,45 I'm sure there are more offset but those are examples i have seen they come with. The intention for my car is for daily driving, it have stock suspension right now but in a couple months i plan on getting getting coilover and lower it slightly but to also make the ride a little bit more comfortable( i know it is contradicting) since my oem stock suspension is very rough right now) I will also take opinion on suspension and tires set up.
Thank you very much.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:40 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

+15 and yes been covered a million times... the +35 is pretty close to stock offset, and the +45 will be entirely sunken in
Old 03-29-2017, 08:54 AM
Zanimous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the offset or the wheel become a problem if I get stoptech brake kit ?
Old 03-29-2017, 09:04 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

shouldnt if you go with the +15
Old 03-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

These pictures might be helpful answering your question. My car has 8.5” Enkei wheels with a 25 mm offset on the front and 9.5” wheels with a 15 mm offset on the rear.

Notice that the rears are somewhat flush and that the fronts appear too sunken into/under the front fenders. A 9.5” wheel with a 15 mm offset (as I have on the rear) would have been better on the front.

I’m tempted adding a 10 mm (or even greater) spacer to the front. But, maybe new wheels would be more fun.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:43 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanimous
Sorry if this question has already been ask
I found a cracked on my oem track v.1 so i am currently looking for replacement for them. I am interest in Enkei Raijin 18x9.5, for offset im a newb so i don't really understand or know which offset i should get +15,35,45 I'm sure there are more offset but those are examples i have seen they come with. The intention for my car is for daily driving, it have stock suspension right now but in a couple months i plan on getting getting coilover and lower it slightly but to also make the ride a little bit more comfortable( i know it is contradicting) since my oem stock suspension is very rough right now) I will also take opinion on suspension and tires set up.
Thank you very much.
Originally Posted by Zanimous
Will the offset or the wheel become a problem if I get stoptech brake kit ?
Let me start off by directing you to - ahem - my explanation of offset:

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...t-novices.html

Not cuz I think it's great or anything but pictures help to tell the story. Read that to get a basic understanding of what offset is and does.

Now, with that knowledge and your desire to add a BBK, forget everything you now know about offset. Laff. Well, not entirely.

There are two critical factors - actually more but these are the big ones concerning fit - of a BBK:

1. Barrel clearance - if you're going with ST-40 calipers and whatever size rotors (332 and up to 355), most likely 18" wheels will be no issue. However...

2. Spoke clearance (and required backspacing, one of the few times you really need to be conscious of backspacing) - you should probably check with ST (or competent dealer) on what may be required and ask them if your choice of wheels will clear. You *MIGHT* need to run a wheel that has a bit more concavity (they call it "high convex wheels" but it's just "concavity" depending on how you view the wheel).

Check the threads here using google (try: " stop tech big brake kits and wheel fitment site:my350z.com "; the answer to your specific fitment question might be in there with someone running the ST-40 with your wheels. Or, you might get other wheel ideas from those treads.

Last edited by MicVelo; 03-29-2017 at 04:43 PM.