Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Flush fitment???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:03 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

I will post pics of my old car on the pro-kit/d-spec combo tomorrow (when on a computer)
Old 02-18-2019, 04:23 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by No_name
Yes, I should, no excuses other than "I just haven't got it done." Candidly, I'm good with handling 'as is' for my use (mountain cruising and the occasional high-plains, high-speed, low risk adrenaline spike) and aesthetics don't bother me but...I should. I float between do nothing to I'll just replace with Bilstein B8's (OE) when needed to a B12 (Pro Kit) to occasionally looking at a full Ohlins setup and then I procrastinate, rinse & repeat.

99% sold on the common-sense choice of the Pro Kit, just need to follow through. What I need to do is just buy the B12, throw it in the garage and that will force me "to get around to it."
Honestly, I think the car looks amazing as it is. If you don't *need* shocks - unless it's a pre-'04.5, the OE shocks work pretty well - just hang tight and get around to it when you feel like it. The extra spring rate is great if you push the car relatively hard on a regular basis, elsewise, they do come with the usual comfort tradeoff. But the Bilstein set-up IS, IMO, the best tradeoff between comfort and performance.