Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Feedback on wheel selection please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 06:58 AM
gdwisni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on wheel selection please...

I am trying pick out new wheels for my DB Z and while I love some of the Volk and HRE wheels they are just too d@mn expensive for me. After looking aorund more I found the ADR M-Sport which I think will look sharp in Hyperblack. I am planning on running 18x8.5 +35 offset in the front and 18x9.5 +35 0ffset in the rear. Those would be wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1GS-D3 245/35 in the front and 275/35 in the rear. I know these wheels are heavy but i don't run my Z at the track so I am not too worried about that. Any opinions on the wheel and/or tire selection would be appreciated and will definately be a help in making my choice. Also if anyone knows of a good place to buy these wheels please let me know, I live out here in the midwest,Ohio, and local shops do not carry much like this. Thanks in advance for all your help guys.
Hopefully the pic is attached so you can see what i am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails Feedback on wheel selection please...-m-sport.jpg  
Old 04-05-2004, 07:16 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the Gallery, there are several cars with those wheels on them. They look nice. TrixRacing.com can get good prices on ADR wheels.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:19 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Looks great! And you'll love the tires. I've had the same ones for 3 1/2 months now, and I've driven in all kinds of weather. They're great for grip and traction--but you can still kick 'em out if you so desire.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:26 AM
gdwisni

Thanks for the feedback so far guys greatly appreciated. Online Trix Racing doesn't have the size and finish I am looking for but I will have to give them a call and see if they carry more in stock. Also about swapping out the tires I have only 600 miles on the stock tires so I don't know if I should switch them out before I know how bad of feathering I might be dealing with . I would hate to put different tires on then have NNA say they won't do anything to fix this because they aren't stock . If any one has experience with this I would appreicate your comments . Thanks again hopefully I can get out of the newb status here on the boards.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Bertg

Those are the same wheels and tires I'll be getting soon. Very nice wheel for the price. I think your sidewall will be too short, though. For 18" wheels, the correct tire sizes are 245/40/18 and 275/40/18.