Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Pics: Iforged flux on my Lemans susnet. 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 11:55 AM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot.

yeah, I'm looking at either the Trial rear spoiler or the veilside version2 spolier. Obviously, I'm into low, sleek, lip style spoilers.....but I haven't decided yet.

Thanks again
Old 05-07-2004, 12:56 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by ColecatZ
Thanks a lot.

yeah, I'm looking at either the Trial rear spoiler or the veilside version2 spolier. Obviously, I'm into low, sleek, lip style spoilers.....but I haven't decided yet.

Thanks again
Dude.....your car is beautiful the way is: no fugly splash guards, no "stuck-on" spoiler. The Z was designed without these things, and to ruin the superb lines with some crappy add-ons is a crime. Do you ever see such things on a Ferrari? An Aston Martin? A Lamborghini? The Z may not be in the same price range as these vehicles, but it's styling is certainly at level far above the cars that usually rate such tacky mods (Hondas, Celicas, Camaros, etc.)

You've got a clean, muscular machine. Don't screw it up just because there are spoilers and body kits available. Appreciate the future classic design you've already got. Imagine some stupid spoiler on a mid '60's Corvette. Please....don't do it.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:08 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Dude.....your car is beautiful the way is: no fugly splash guards, no "stuck-on" spoiler. The Z was designed without these things, and to ruin the superb lines with some crappy add-ons is a crime. Do you ever see such things on a Ferrari? An Aston Martin? A Lamborghini? The Z may not be in the same price range as these vehicles, but it's styling is certainly at level far above the cars that usually rate such tacky mods (Hondas, Celicas, Camaros, etc.)

You've got a clean, muscular machine. Don't screw it up just because there are spoilers and body kits available. Appreciate the future classic design you've already got. Imagine some stupid spoiler on a mid '60's Corvette. Please....don't do it.
ZZTop, with all of our disagreements, I think I really agree with you there. I use to own a civic coupe, it was slightly lowered with Koni shocks, 17" rims, tinted windows and black. It was a beautiful car, NO SPOILER, NO BODY KIT!!! Guys (kids) would sometimes ask when I am going to get the body kit or add a spoiler, I say "never, you never see one on a ferarri do you?" I remember very vividly once I was driving at the beach, an M3 was at a light ready to turn and I was going very slow, He looks at me and says "nicely done Civic". Enough said!!!!!!

To me cheap parts make a car look cheaper, NOT more expensive, I am not sure where the psychology comes in that says "different is always better". I can relate to your thinking much better " do to your car, what porsche and ferarri owners do to thiers". I plan on getting a very small front lip, but that is IT, I actually love the lines of the car and I think the back end looks great stock!!!!! (thats what the designers wanted it to look like)
Old 05-07-2004, 09:15 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by rodH
ZZTop, with all of our disagreements, I think I really agree with you there. I use to own a civic coupe, it was slightly lowered with Koni shocks, 17" rims, tinted windows and black. It was a beautiful car, NO SPOILER, NO BODY KIT!!! Guys (kids) would sometimes ask when I am going to get the body kit or add a spoiler, I say "never, you never see one on a ferarri do you?" I remember very vividly once I was driving at the beach, an M3 was at a light ready to turn and I was going very slow, He looks at me and says "nicely done Civic". Enough said!!!!!!

To me cheap parts make a car look cheaper, NOT more expensive, I am not sure where the psychology comes in that says "different is always better". I can relate to your thinking much better " do to your car, what porsche and ferarri owners do to thiers". I plan on getting a very small front lip, but that is IT, I actually love the lines of the car and I think the back end looks great stock!!!!! (thats what the designers wanted it to look like)
Absolutely. I remember reading somewhere, long before NIssan decided to make a few extra bucks by adding the splash guards and spoiler, that one of the designers said the car didn't need a spoiler to improve aerodynamics.....it was purposely designed that way.

After I took delivery of my track model, I immediately had a high end body shop remove the spoiler and refinish the rear deck. They did flawless work and now the car looks like it should.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:58 AM
DaKine-Z-

Josh, the wheels look great! Glad everything worked out for you. Hope to see you and your car at the next Dallas meet....... Lord willing, I'll have my Aero's back by then
-Ricky-
Old 05-09-2004, 03:02 PM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by DaKine-Z-
Josh, the wheels look great! Glad everything worked out for you. Hope to see you and your car at the next Dallas meet....... Lord willing, I'll have my Aero's back by then
-Ricky-

No doubt, you deserve to. They should have had them back to you along time ago.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:27 AM
UsafaRice

Absolutely. I remember reading somewhere, long before NIssan decided to make a few extra bucks by adding the splash guards and spoiler, that one of the designers said the car didn't need a spoiler to improve aerodynamics.....it was purposely designed that way.

After I took delivery of my track model, I immediately had a high end body shop remove the spoiler and refinish the rear deck. They did flawless work and now the car looks like it should.
It doesn't need them to improve aerodynamics, but the track is rated at a lower coefficient of drag than the other models. The rear decklid spoiler keeps the flow attached longer as it comes down the back of the car.

Granted, we may not see the improvement in city driving or even the highway, but the car is cleaner aerodynamically with the spoiler on it.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:41 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by UsafaRice
It doesn't need them to improve aerodynamics, but the track is rated at a lower coefficient of drag than the other models. The rear decklid spoiler keeps the flow attached longer as it comes down the back of the car.

Granted, we may not see the improvement in city driving or even the highway, but the car is cleaner aerodynamically with the spoiler on it.
there is probably a couple different ways to look at it,

1. the car the looks the way the original designers drew it up and intended for it to look.
2. the car that can have added body work to optimize the aerodynamics
Old 05-11-2004, 08:26 PM
ZZtopp

I'll gladly take the vast improvement in looks over an indecernable improvement in aerodyanamics.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:22 PM
UsafaRice

I'll gladly take the vast improvement in looks over an indecernable improvement in aerodyanamics.
I understand your point, but it's not "indecernable," it can be measured. I bought the Z for performance and because I like the Z series. I for one, am glad the track package came with the spoiler and lip stock.

And for the splash guards, I know that Colorado has been destroying mine. It's a lot easier to see the wear on the paint when you know that the piece is just $44 to replace instead of having a shop repaint the body panels.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:03 AM
ZZtopp

I understand your point, but it's not "indecernable," it can be measured. I bought the Z for performance and because I like the Z series. I for one, am glad the track package came with the spoiler and lip stock.

And for the splash guards, I know that Colorado has been destroying mine. It's a lot easier to see the wear on the paint when you know that the piece is just $44 to replace instead of having a shop repaint the body panels.
I can certainly understand the need for the splash guards where you live, but that doesn't make them any prettier. They ruin the lines of the car. Luckily for me, I haven't had any damage at all yet.

I believe you yourself said you wouldn't be able to feel the difference the spoiler makes in city or highway driving. Since that's all I do (and probably all most of us do), "indescernable" is the operative word.

I just find these add-ons tacky on such a beautifully sculpted shape, but to each his own. There's no accounting for taste.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:10 PM
ColecatZ

I pulled my splashguards off when I mounted the new wheels and tires pictured in this thread in the wheel and tire forum.

what was I talking about in my thread? oh yeah....wheels and tires.