Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Pics..mounted my 19" Axis Hiros last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Rob Nance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by zeroday

... I will say that i'm not at all impressed with northeast auto design. I ordered the wheels with tires mounted. They showed up unboxed with big cardboard circles taped over the rim part of the wheel with the tires fully exposed. it was thin cardboard and the inside edge of 2 of my rims were scuffed up. Luckily it didn't happen to the outside face of the rim. The UPS guy was moving the rims off the truck by bouncing/rolling them around. I was about to strangle the guy. Anyway the wheels should have been boxed and protected better. It's pure luck i recieved them intact. buyer beware.
That is how every tire and wheel shop ships mounted rims/tires. The pics you see of people getting wheels in the mail are unmounted. Someone chime in if you know of a place that ships them any other way, I seriously doubt anyone does. The boxes would be cumbersome to maneuver, would not stand up well because of being unbalanced, you'd have to have massive cardboard reinforcement for the corners, different size boxes because of wheel diameters varying. I could go on forever.

All that said, when done properly, it's a great way to ship them. If the piece/s of cardboard are very large to where it can't physically slide off the face of the wheel, and enough tie straps are used to keep it from moving around, it works like a charm. It sounds like they needed more cardboard, and more/tighter straps. Bouncing the wheels around would definitely annoy me, I'd have said something. The guy that unloaded mine loaded them into my garage and was very good about it.

Was it UPS or FedEx ground? I prefer FedEx ground by far. UPS seems to mishandle stuff on a more frequent basis as a whole.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
absolutchi

i agree...ups DOES NOT know how to handle wheels. i've had wheels shipped to be by fedex and never had a problem. i've never gotten wheels shipped by UPS and not had at least one of the rims damaged... i tell the vendors...but do they listen? noooo...

anyways, i love those rims and i want a set of anthracites just like urs so bad... i'm not hating but...man u suck! j/k

car looks great...my brother has a silverstone and i have a redline... congrats
Old 05-11-2004, 05:35 AM
james007p

Originally posted by zeroday
Thanks for the comments guys. I love how these rims changed the look of the car...it was surprising to me how much wheels can make a difference.

I think the offsets +20 and +15. They do clear the brembos.

I too would like to see the silver ones on a Z...james007p?

I haven't noticed a performance loss but the rear wheels did feel heavier than the stock rear wheels when i was mounting them...could have had alot to do with the heavy s03' though. never got a chance to weight them but James @ axis said that they are 26lbs. I'll be adding FI eventually so i'm not too worried about it.

I will say that i'm not at all impressed with northeast auto design. I ordered the wheels with tires mounted. They showed up unboxed with big cardboard circles taped over the rim part of the wheel with the tires fully exposed. it was thin cardboard and the inside edge of 2 of my rims were scuffed up. Luckily it didn't happen to the outside face of the rim. The UPS guy was moving the rims off the truck by bouncing/rolling them around. I was about to strangle the guy. Anyway the wheels should have been boxed and protected better. It's pure luck i recieved them intact. buyer beware.

My friend has a digital camera so I'll try to take some pics of my Roadster with the silver Hiros this weekend and post.

By the way, my rims were shipped the same way, thank God they weren't damaged.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:22 AM
zeroday

Originally posted by Rob Nance
That is how every tire and wheel shop ships mounted rims/tires. The pics you see of people getting wheels in the mail are unmounted. Someone chime in if you know of a place that ships them any other way, I seriously doubt anyone does. The boxes would be cumbersome to maneuver, would not stand up well because of being unbalanced, you'd have to have massive cardboard reinforcement for the corners, different size boxes because of wheel diameters varying. I could go on forever.

All that said, when done properly, it's a great way to ship them. If the piece/s of cardboard are very large to where it can't physically slide off the face of the wheel, and enough tie straps are used to keep it from moving around, it works like a charm. It sounds like they needed more cardboard, and more/tighter straps. Bouncing the wheels around would definitely annoy me, I'd have said something. The guy that unloaded mine loaded them into my garage and was very good about it.

Was it UPS or FedEx ground? I prefer FedEx ground by far. UPS seems to mishandle stuff on a more frequent basis as a whole.
It was UPS. Maybe they didn't pack enough cardboard on there...dunno...just know the cardboard fell apart after it got wet from rain and it messed up my rims. If it had happened to the outside edge of the rim i think i would've lost it; I've waited forevever and a day for these rims...

Last edited by zeroday; 05-11-2004 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:23 PM
NY 350Z

o man i love them. i was thinking about these rims!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Tekwon-V

what size 19'' are Hiros?

19x8.5 front?
19x9 rear?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Strife350z

19x8.5 +15 or +20 (your pick)
19x9.5 +20 (ideally)

higher offsets are available too... but those listed above are for a Z... same offsets are available for the milanos