Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Important rim question, please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:49 PM
silverstreek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important rim question, please help

I am looking into buying these nice rims, and i can not find similar ones anywhere. The only problem is they are 19x8.5 all the way around. I posted this on another board, but got mixed opinions. Im hoping for a clear answer here. I know you should go wider in the rear, but if i get these rims it wont be possible. Will this cause a problem. Also the other thing is they are +38 offset. Will this give it a tucked look. I plan on going 245 in the fron and 255 in the rear. Is this possible? Will these look stupid or tucked or non agressive to the normal observer?? I really want these rims and i know its not the optimal size, but will it look absolutely stupid having 8.5 in the rear on a 19? and will that offset make it looked really tucked? Someone told me it will look worse than stock. Dont know how that is possible since i got 18x8 on a 245 i plan on going 8.5 on a 255. Also another member is selling rims, i believe they are axis milanos, with these stats and it seems to be fine from his pics, but i am not sure what they willl look like in person. Any feedback and respone is greatly appreciated. Even if you are brutally honest, i just want to know if these rims will work and if it will cause a problem with looks, traction, or VDC?

thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:00 PM
z33saru

what are the wheels you are interested in?

if you are looking for a more aggressive look, then you will want a lower offset, and preferably a wider wheel for the rear.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:16 PM
silverstreek

Not really looking too much for an agressive look, more just for the stylings of this rim. I just want to know if this will make it look so stupid having only 8.5 and that high of an offset. I do wanna put 255's on the rear though, so i dont understand how the stocks will look better. Will it look that dumb to the naked eye for a normal person looking at em. Someone told me they wont look too agressive, not exactly sure what that means, but i will post a pic of the rim here. I want to know if it will still look descent.
Attached Thumbnails Important rim question, please help-rims.jpg  
Old 05-24-2004, 10:52 PM
z33saru

hmm, i dont know if it will look right.

the wheels u posted seem to be deepdish style, which go really nice with the 350z. with that said, those sizes would probably be an alright offset and width for the front, but for the rear it would look better if it was wider with a more aggresive offset, to give it a bigger lip on the rear(deeper dish).
lots of people on this board have 8.5 or 9.5 upfront, with either a 9.5 or higher on the rear.

in my opinion, which means nothing since everyone has their own taste, i would wait and look for a similar looking wheel with better sizes, if those are the ones that you are set on. or find out who the manufacturer is for that wheel and order the proper sizes.

if you do a search on wheels here it will help give you an idea of how different offsets and width affect the look of a wheel. those wheels, especially since they are 19's, are prolly pretty pricey, and you dont want to act in haste when dropping that kind of doe. personally, i would stick with stock wheels over something with a width and offset i am unsure of.

hope this helps a little. im no expert on this matter, so hopefully other members will be able to give you more insight on it too.

good luck!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:55 PM
mgl

on my first set of 19s. they were 19x8.5 all around and i ran 245s/255s like you are planning. it didn't look terrible, but it also didn't look right. they were kinda too tucked in.
here are some pics to what they looked like in comparision to my current rims:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=57258

and more pics of the 19x8.5s with 245s in the front and 255 in the rear:
https://my350z.com/gallery/albup66

Last edited by mgl; 05-24-2004 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:10 AM
silverstreek

Yeah, i would want it wider in the rear and a lower offset. The only reason i am considering this is because i cant find these rims and i am getting them dirt cheap. Only 480 without tires. Thats why i might do it, im not really dropping a lot of dough here. and Mgl, those ace spades were the ones that looked tucked?? Just wanna make sure i was looking at the right ones. They didnt look too bad. If those are the same ones we are talking about. So what do you think, Those rims i posted will appear to have that same tucked look as MGL's but they only cost 480 + tires. What do you guys think?