Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tire and Wheel FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 07:26 AM
twentyinrims

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire and Wheel FAQ

Lets start a thorough FAQ page on Tire and Wheels. Everything should be included such as rim name, size, width and offset. Tire info should include width, profile and size. Additional info should be included such as any rubbing, fender rolling or cutting and if the car is dropped then how much. Lets get this going guys and try and make it as informative as possible.

I know most of you understand but for those that don't here is an example:

rim front 19x8.5 offset 25
rear 19x9.5 offset 20
tire front 245/35/19
rear 275/35/19
no drop, no rubbing.

Most people do there homework but it prob a good idea to add the tire make too.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:27 AM
roydiculous

your screenname is "twentyinrims" but you ahve 19"s. What's up with that?

So what tires do you have? It took me a while to realize in terms of cost that 17 < 18 < 19". I think it's less mainstream the dimensions, so they make less from the mold, so they have to charge more? Am I correct in this assumption?
Old 07-18-2004, 02:19 PM
twentyinrims

Originally posted by roydiculous
your screenname is "twentyinrims" but you ahve 19"s. What's up with that?

So what tires do you have? It took me a while to realize in terms of cost that 17 < 18 < 19". I think it's less mainstream the dimensions, so they make less from the mold, so they have to charge more? Am I correct in this assumption?
20's on the durango with goodyear tires and had 19's with Toyo tires on the TL type S before I sold it 4 months ago. Nissan 350z Enthu 6spd coming as soon as 2005 avail.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:27 PM
350zroadster

there's an entire forum devoted to wheels and tires

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires-60/

and it even has FAQ in it
Old 07-18-2004, 06:21 PM
twentyinrims

Originally posted by 350zroadster
there's an entire forum devoted to wheels and tires

https://my350z.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=60

and it even has FAQ in it
Okay your the second person that cant read, not to be rude but lets be real fellas, the wheel and tire forum here is cute but does it answer the ?'s. Lets do this right. We need a thread not a forum, something more direct but I see that its a waste of time because everybody looks at the thread but nobody inputs, I don't know if its due to being lazy or some peoples lack of knowledge of what they got on their car. Being that I had that TL type S for 2 years take a look at the www.acura-tl.com wheel faq and you will learn what FAQ is all about. Pictures, sizes, problems and makes, not people asking ?'s. I don't know about you guys but I take my cars seriously and there are a lot of people on here dont but its all good right, this seem to be more of a chat line than forum. For those of you guys that I see whom put good info on keep up the good work!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 06:47 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're going to "do it right", the forum devoted to wheels and tire is still the place to do it, ya think? Afterall, that's where we're going to start looking for it when we need info on wheels and tires.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:36 AM
twentyinrims

Good one davey but ah read the wheel and tire forum and you will see that i have the same thread there also. I am just responding to people like you on this one who have no idea whats going on with their cars.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:54 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by twentyinrims
Good one davey but ah read the wheel and tire forum and you will see that i have the same thread there also. I am just responding to people like you on this one who have no idea whats going on with their cars.
Your insulting tone and blatant assumptions about people whom you've never met have guaranteed that nobody here will listen to you or back your idea, even though it may be a good one. Try being nice, it does wonders.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:19 PM
twentyinrims

Originally posted by kcobean
Your insulting tone and blatant assumptions about people whom you've never met have guaranteed that nobody here will listen to you or back your idea, even though it may be a good one. Try being nice, it does wonders.
ok
Old 07-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

twentyinrims,

if you haven't already emailed one of the moderators do so with your inquiry. i had to research the hell out of rims, offsets and whether or not they would even work on my Z. everybody has suggestions and answers from what they read, not always from experience. this forum devoted to just wheels and tires should be in an appropriate category on this forum and should be locked to (input only) and no responses or replies. a info sheet of what works on the 350z, like you explained it. it would be nice to have a picture of the owners Z with new rims along with the data.
this would be the best rim forum yet!!!!!!!!!