Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Opinions on this setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Sean00500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on this setup

Looking into going all out on my suspension over the next few months. Going to start with the coilovers and the sways first, then onto the rest. Mostly a daily driver sometimes a track driver, id say 85/25. Just trying to get a handle on which of these if any, that some of you may have experience with or suggest and for what reasons. Pricing is a rough est. with shipping. At this point i am not worried about saving 2-300 dollas.

Tein Flex Coilovers w/ EDFC $2100
Stillen Rear camber $480
Stillen Rear toe arms $460
Stillen Upper control arms (later on down the road) $800
Stillen Swaybars $325

or

JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers $1900
JIC Rear camber $530
JIC Rear toe arms $470
JIC Upper control arms (later on down the road) $1000
Hotchkiss Swaybars $280

Im am all for swapping these up i just columed them like this. I am having a tough time on which coilovers to go with, both companies make great products, tein has the advantage on me cuz of the edfc, just very easy to use, but i dont know how often id really change the settings once i found the way i like it, so im up for either of them.

As for the sways, ive heard good stuff on both products, if i go with the sillen toes and cambers ill go with the sways to keep the name going, but if i go JIC then i can go either way with the sways. I just need some help on which toe arms and cambers to choose, and honestly, how necessary they are for a street driver and on occasion track driver. The upper control arms will be down the road, but i know they are impt its just there are not a lot of them out in production yet. Any insight or opinions on this would be helpful, thanx guys and gals.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
twenzel

Go the JIC route if you don't mind sacrificing ride quality for cornering ability. Go tein for all around comfort and good handling. Oh and dont waste your money on the rear toe arms. They don't actually adjust toe. Just get the camber arms and modify the factory toe adjustment for the rear which will allow for more adjustment. That would be the correct way to go about it.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Sean00500

Thanks man a friend of mine was telling me about that too i just wanted to make sure he had some idea of what he was talking about...Do you think its still worth it getting the upper control arms as well, cuz right now im looking at the Tein Coilovers being i still want to have a comfortable ride, but ima get the JIC cambers, just because i think JIC is a little better than stillen in racing performance, i could be wrong, im just more familiar with JIC. And then ima prolly get the hotchkiss sways, save some money on them because i believe they are the about the same setup as stillen, thanx for the feedback.