Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Axis Se7en Mods problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:06 PM
kaminariZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axis Se7en Mods problem

Hey guys i just purchased a set of axis se7en mods 19x8 all around. I made the mistake of putting 235/35 in front and 245/35 in the rear. I had some friend put them on at a auto shop and when i got home i noticed that the rims in the rear sit about a full inch or two inside the fenderwall, so when your looking at the car from the front or the back you cant even see a tire or a rim. Can this problem be fixed by puting 275/35 in the rear with the current 19x8? I was thinking of just putting the current rear tires which are 245/35 in the front and buying new 20x10 with 275/30 in the rear. Will that work as well? Without rolling the fenders? What offset would be right for the 20x10 without having to roll the fenders?

P.S. What is offset, because i always get confused? Do you think the offset is the problem with the rim not showing in the rear right now? Can it be fixed without buying a new set of rear rims? Thanks a lot. Anyone please help me.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:16 PM
ttsupra94

I'm pretty sure a 275 is too big for an 8 inch wheel. Also, i'm guessing the real problem is the offset of the rim and not the size of tire. Whoever sold you the wheels should have had a good idea of offsets if he knew what kind of car it was for. You would have to get new rear wheels with the correct offset. Offset is kinda where the bolted portion of the wheel is. There is a very informative thread pertaining to this information at the top of the wheels/tires/brakes/suspension forum. Hope that helped. I'm not sure about the correct offsets, but there are a few guys with those wheels.

Also, if you now have tires for the 19's, you will not be able to use those same tires with 20's.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:39 AM
my6speedcoupe
Sponsor
OptionImports.com

Default Re: Axis Se7en Mods problem

Originally posted by kaminariZ
Hey guys i just purchased a set of axis se7en mods 19x8 all around. I made the mistake of putting 235/35 in front and 245/35 in the rear. I had some friend put them on at a auto shop and when i got home i noticed that the rims in the rear sit about a full inch or two inside the fenderwall, so when your looking at the car from the front or the back you cant even see a tire or a rim. Can this problem be fixed by puting 275/35 in the rear with the current 19x8? I was thinking of just putting the current rear tires which are 245/35 in the front and buying new 20x10 with 275/30 in the rear. Will that work as well? Without rolling the fenders? What offset would be right for the 20x10 without having to roll the fenders?

P.S. What is offset, because i always get confused? Do you think the offset is the problem with the rim not showing in the rear right now? Can it be fixed without buying a new set of rear rims? Thanks a lot. Anyone please help me.

first of all... the wheel 19" axis 7 mod does NOT offer the right offset and width for z/g. do a search online about offset and learn what offset is.

sell those and get 20x9 and 20x10 with 35 offset and if you have brembo then u will need some spacer in the front.

the reason that the rims are not showing is because BOTH OF The offset and width of the rims are wrong. and DO NOT put 275 on a 8" wide rims. and the problem u have can be fixed if u buy a set of 20x10 inthe rear. but then you will have 19" front and 20" rear which would look weird and your vsa/tcs would not function properly sometimes.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:24 AM
SangWL

most likely if you have 19x8's all around you have the offsets of 35 and 40 or 45. what your guy did was put the front wheels on as the 35 offset and the rears as the 40 or 45 offset, thus tucking the wheel in a lot.

i know from experience, lol

anyways, there are solutions. if you can, take your wheels off and look for the offset number, most likely on the inner side of one of the spokes.

now, once you get those, if i'm correct on the current offsets, and you want to save your money, go to www.wheeladapters.com
and ask fred for spacers.

you'll need 20 for the front and like 25 for the rears.

wil make it more aggressive.

good luck

sang
Old 09-21-2004, 05:30 PM
GoSooners

I had the Axis Se7en Mods at one point. I used a 25mm spacer in the back and 20mm in the front from H&R