Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID High Beam Update....Hids4less.com doesn't know what they are doing

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 04:03 PM
dvlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HID High Beam Update....Hids4less.com doesn't know what they are doing

Well fellow Z'ers. As some of you know, i am going to put HID bulbs on my high beams. I was planning on doing this mod the 1st week of September. That was when my car arrived.

Well, 2 and 1/2 weeks later, there is still no HID high beams I placed the order on aug 29th. I was told that they (Hids4less.com) would ship them same day and i would get them sep. 4th. Well, Sep. 4th comes around on the package doesn't arrive. I decided to give Hids4less.com a call to see where my product is. Turns out it was out of stock. They are going to ship the product on sep. 5th expect 3-4 days shipping time. Well......7 days later, the package hasn't been received. Once again, i call Hids4less.com to find out WTF is happenning to my order. Guess what.....yep....it's OUT OF STOCK!!! As it turns out, the guy i 1st talked to (mike) lied to me. The bulbs were going to arrive Friday sept. 13th. Then ship out the following monday.

Needless to say, by this point i'm pissed. I've had the bill on my credit card for 2 weeks and NO GOD DA*M product. The rep. (kyle) said that if i want, i can call on saturday to see if the bulbs were packaged and ready to ship. So i decide to take kyle up on his offer and call today. Low and behold, i speak with Mike. Good 'ol mike doesn't like to help customers to much, so he tells me that he can not locate my paperwork and to call on MONDAY!!!!!!

So, my suggestion to anybody who wants to buy XENON bulb kits. PLease don't use Hids4less.com

Now i have a Question....should i threaten to cancel payment, call the BBB of New Jersey to file a complaint or just wait it out?

Dan

P.S. If any Hids4less.com Rep is reading this......please PM for more info. Conversely, if a comptetor to Hids4less.com is reading this, i will go to your business if you are willing to work with me.
Old 09-14-2002, 04:16 PM
J350

If they are unwilling to give you a decent discount for this hassle, then I would definitely cancel the order & tell them what they can do with their HID bulbs (try lighting one up so as to get a clue on how to do business)...i've bought stuff online all the time & always thought that merchants couldn't technically charge a customer until the product had in fact shipped & left their inventory. Some places might run the card ahead of time to get a pre-approval, but there shouldn't be an actual charge (as far as I know) until the product is en route to you.

I'd find another retailer (local or online) & try to have them match the price.

Good luck.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:24 PM
Slexis200

Default helllooo

Dude, cancel, i wouldnt give them your buisness if they lie. I bought a base model, and wanted xenons. I went on ebay. Spoke to the guy through instant messaging, He gave them to me for $470 including shipping HID 6000k (as hids4less would call it, "Stage II's." Thats just a stupid name they made up for 6000k's) Well i ordered them that day from the guy on ebay, and i recived them 3 days later.... Ill give the guys name if you want, he has things for the high beams i believe. You just have to tell him what size, it says in the manual.

-Josh
Old 09-15-2002, 07:48 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Did we ever determine if the Fairlady will have a bi-xenon setup?

If so, is there a way to adapt the hi beam part to the 350Z?

What part of the whole light assembly determines the beam pattern?

Will the halogen beam pattern work properly for a xenon beam?

Thanks,

JD