Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

2004 Nissan 350z N/A build

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Victor_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Nissan 350z N/A build

Hey guys , this is my very first post here on my350z.com though my membership lasts I guess for the year or more. anyway I've been through many of your posts here and was inspired by your n/a builds and provided info. So my new configuration now looks very similar to the couple of guys here ( I guess a guy named Gabe had very similar one) so nothing new would be discovered now but anyway :
1.K&N air intake + kinetix v plenum
2.tomei ver 2 headers + invidia Gemini catback exhaust +m2 non-resonated test pipes
3.tomei 264/264 camshafts (1st gen.)
4.Build heads with HR springs and retainers
5.revup oil pump
I have to say that before building heads with cams , my z couldn't pass the 6 second barrier and the best result was made once with semi slicks :5.9 sec to 100 km/hour and 13.9 (400 meters) .
Yesterday me and my tuner-guy equipped with race logic and Osiris software went to break this 6 sec barrier )) the result was more than greatful: 5.6 sec and 13.7 ! But it was done on the very shitty Pirelli old and bald winter tires ! So I"m waiting for the spring to come in order to put my super pilot sport michelins on and to tune it better on some Dyno stand . Special thanks to guys like Adam from z1 that always provides very useful info for the amateurs like me )))
Old 12-21-2014, 07:06 AM
tommy smith

Default Lol

Originally Posted by Victor_B
Hey guys , this is my very first post here on my350z.com though my membership lasts I guess for the year or more. anyway I've been through many of your posts here and was inspired by your n/a builds and provided info. So my new configuration now looks very similar to the couple of guys here ( I guess a guy named Gabe had very similar one) so nothing new would be discovered now but anyway :
1.K&N air intake + kinetix v plenum
2.tomei ver 2 headers + invidia Gemini catback exhaust +m2 non-resonated test pipes
3.tomei 264/264 camshafts (1st gen.)
4.Build heads with HR springs and retainers
5.revup oil pump
I have to say that before building heads with cams , my z couldn't pass the 6 second barrier and the best result was made once with semi slicks :5.9 sec to 100 km/hour and 13.9 (400 meters) .
Yesterday me and my tuner-guy equipped with race logic and Osiris software went to break this 6 sec barrier )) the result was more than greatful: 5.6 sec and 13.7 ! But it was done on the very shitty Pirelli old and bald winter tires ! So I"m waiting for the spring to come in order to put my super pilot sport michelins on and to tune it better on some Dyno stand . Special thanks to guys like Adam from z1 that always provides very useful info for the amateurs like me )))
Are you saying that you best time in 400 meters/1/4 mile is 13.7 with a bunch of mods & Osiris tune???? Not clear on the mods you have??? Warning I may make a comment that you may not like soooo answering me you'd be risking that

Odessa, that's a well known city in Ukraine. Well known to me cause I was born in East Europe.

Last edited by tommy smith; 12-21-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Victor_B

Originally Posted by tommy smith
Are you saying that you best time in 400 meters/1/4 mile is 13.7 with a bunch of mods & Osiris tune???? Not clear on the mods you have??? Warning I may make a comment that you may not like soooo answering me you'd be risking that

Odessa, that's a well known city in Ukraine. Well known to me cause I was born in East Europe.
DE motors are known to be less responsive for the mods first of all . Second -very ugly old tires and road conditions . Third -the telemetry we used . Maybe u could show me much better results fixed on racelogic or smth? There are plenty of 350z and g35 here ,and We've competed many times and even before the cams I came first due to Osiris and exhaust , so there is nothing to be surprised of . Comments can be useful and instructive whether I like it or not
Old 12-21-2014, 07:51 AM
tommy smith

Default because of your logical answer

DE motors are known to be less responsive for the mods first of all . Second -very ugly old tires and road conditions . Third -the telemetry we used . Maybe u could show me much better results fixed on racelogic or smth? There are plenty of 350z and g35 here ,and We've competed many times and even before the cams I came first due to Osiris and exhaust , so there is nothing to be surprised of . Comments can be useful and instructive whether I like it or not
^^^^^^ I will refrain from commenting and wish you much luck & fun.....
Old 12-21-2014, 01:32 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually agree with tommys first post.. how did you not do better than 13.7? That's bout what the de runs stock..

I don't have a time slip but I have video, and I went 0-60 about 6ish seconds and I have p&p upper/lower plenum and spacer, cat back exhaust no tune.

I did a 20 roll to 90 and took about 9 seconds and that was with a passenger, again, no tune. So what I'm assuming is I'm running probably the same time as you, maybe faster, that's guessing though, nothing factual so not completely valid.

Fact is you have tune, built heads cams etc etc, and I'm pulling about the same times, go pro video shows as much proof as I can provide but doing the math the times are similiar, on milestars, and I'm 5AT..
Old 12-21-2014, 01:36 PM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

For your reference. Good to see where you stand. You would probably sit in the bolt-on section.

https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840...ons-stock.html
Old 12-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Victor_B

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
I actually agree with tommys first post.. how did you not do better than 13.7? That's bout what the de runs stock..

I don't have a time slip but I have video, and I went 0-60 about 6ish seconds and I have p&p upper/lower plenum and spacer, cat back exhaust no tune.

I did a 20 roll to 90 and took about 9 seconds and that was with a passenger, again, no tune. So what I'm assuming is I'm running probably the same time as you, maybe faster, that's guessing though, nothing factual so not completely valid.

Fact is you have tune, built heads cams etc etc, and I'm pulling about the same times, go pro video shows as much proof as I can provide but doing the math the times are similiar, on milestars, and I'm 5AT..
Stock de never rans better than 14 sec.As for the quarter mile -I have nothing to add ... That's what the race logic shows not some kind of videos or some crappy applications like dynolicious that many of ppl are using. Man ,I can only say that my z now is totally different animal . It pulls much better , the sound is just fantastic . and its a 5.6 sec with an awful grip because of the tires. And obviously when u don't have a grip From the beginning - it affects the quarter mile time
Old 12-21-2014, 02:39 PM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Stock de never rans better than 14 sec.As for the quarter mile -I have nothing to add ... That's what the race logic shows not some kind of videos or some crappy applications like dynolicious that many of ppl are using. Man ,I can only say that my z now is totally different animal . It pulls much better , the sound is just fantastic . and its a 5.6 sec with an awful grip because of the tires. And obviously when u don't have a grip From the beginning - it affects the quarter mile time
Look at the link above. Verified track time not a data logger. Not sure what you mean about a stock de never doing better than 14sec, but there is plenty of proof to say otherwise.

Last edited by clubhopper; 12-21-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:06 PM
tommy smith

Default OK this is what I was going to say

Still not sure what mods you have but if it's what's posted and the times are as you say then why not get good tires???? Tires cost MUCH less than all those mods.

Right before I bought my 08 HR I had a 2004 350z that I found used with very low mileage. It was a 6spd trans so I bought a set of Nitto 555 tires. They were not very wide, a bit wider than stock and I mounted them on the STOCK wheels. Still poor traction but after a burn out it was better than stock. I took it to several tracks in the N.Y./N.J. area and except for the tire change the car had no tune or any mods what so ever. ALL my 1/4 times were 13.7 & 13.8's at 99 mph.

OK I'm a better driver than most still the car was PURE STOCK with NOTHING TOUCHED or REPLACED. Loved the car but when I learned about the advantages of an HR I sold my 04 & bought an 08.....
Old 12-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Victor_B

Originally Posted by clubhopper
Look at the link above. Verified track time not a data logger. Not sure what you mean about a stock de never doing better than 14sec, but there is plenty of proof to say otherwise.
Hmm ... Becomes much more controversial for me now just because we do some drag racing with similar competitors. For example , last year just after the uprev reflash I ve finally beaten the 350 nismo guy. As we know it's 3d gen HR engine and it's like 5.4 sec from the factory (********) race logic showed 5.9 and 13.9 -mine ,as for him -even worse ...?! G37 -the same story , My z was much better . Maybe it's all about our telemetry ? I don't have any other explanation
Old 12-21-2014, 03:20 PM
tommy smith

Default Telemetry ????

Hmm ... Becomes much more controversial for me now just because we do some drag racing with similar competitors. For example , last year just after the uprev reflash I ve finally beaten the 350 nismo guy. As we know it's 3d gen HR engine and it's like 5.4 sec from the factory (********) race logic showed 5.9 and 13.9 -mine ,as for him -even worse ...?! G37 -the same story , My z was much better . Maybe it's all about our telemetry ? I don't have any other explanation
Are you really from Odessa Ukraine ????
Old 12-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Victor_B

Still not sure what mods you have but if it's what's posted and the times are as you say then why not get good tires???? Tires cost MUCH less than all those mods.

Right before I bought my 08 HR I had a 2004 350z that I found used with very low mileage. It was a 6spd trans so I bought a set of Nitto 555 tires. They were not very wide, a bit wider than stock and I mounted them on the STOCK wheels. Still poor traction but after a burn out it was better than stock. I took it to several tracks in the N.Y./N.J. area and except for the tire change the car had no tune or any mods what so ever. ALL my 1/4 times were 13.7 & 13.8's at 99 mph.

OK I'm a better driver than most still the car was PURE STOCK with NOTHING TOUCHED or REPLACED. Loved the car but when I learned about the advantages of an HR I sold my 04 & bought an 08.....
I do have good tires Tommy , but they arent for winter season). Glad for you with 2008 z . Hr is better in everything , I wish I knew it when I bought my z . Now it's so much work that had been done and it's kind of pain to get rid of it or change for smth else )
Old 12-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Victor_B

Are you really from Odessa Ukraine ????
Yep , why r u asking ?
Old 12-21-2014, 03:37 PM
tommy smith

Default because it's a word I never heard used by Americans:)

Yep , why r u asking ?
You're ok for a foreigner

Dumb Americans ???

Last edited by tommy smith; 12-21-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Victor_B

You're ok for a foreigner

Dumb Americans ???
Lot of mistakes ?))) have no speech practice ... It's been a while ...))))
Old 12-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Emski

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the altitude and temp over there?
Old 12-21-2014, 07:02 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by Emski
That's what I was going to ask. Also surface prep helps etc etc. not all cars will be able to run in the 13's, my local track, good luck.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:56 PM
Victor_B

Originally Posted by Emski
Altitude? Just a straight Line.temp +4 C . Road is very dusty also , not prepared for events )
Old 12-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Victor_B

Originally Posted by terrasmak
That's what I was going to ask. Also surface prep helps etc etc. not all cars will be able to run in the 13's, my local track, good luck.
Right ! Maybe some 1.5 way lsd will improve my "starts" and sticky tires but anyway cannot see myself reaching 13's
Old 12-23-2014, 05:18 AM
Victor_B

Need some advice for the next stage .What'd be the most reasonable combination for my current setup, -3.9 final drive + quaife ATB Lsd ??...or may be 4.0 + Final drives and some other LSD like cusco etc....Know there are many of similar threads but i'm still hesitating ... Car has to be streetable ,good for drag racing and track....thats why i thought about this (3.9 final drive + quaife ATB Lsd ) combi...So what r your thoughts, guys ?

Quick Reply: 2004 Nissan 350z N/A build