2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on next mods for vert

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 07:01 PM
MasterPCrace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill go FI in a few years when a 370z lands in my garage. That would be better and way more power without as much work or money. But i still will be doing the most na mods i can. I will probably stay away from headers just because they are so horrible to install. Unless the gaims with everything would be good? Like how much would DC ceramic ones make with hfc, plenum, intake, exhaust, and gears?
Old 08-29-2015, 12:57 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterPCrace
Ill go FI in a few years when a 370z lands in my garage. That would be better and way more power without as much work or money. But i still will be doing the most na mods i can. I will probably stay away from headers just because they are so horrible to install. Unless the gaims with everything would be good? Like how much would DC ceramic ones make with hfc, plenum, intake, exhaust, and gears?
If you can't search to find that info, you're going to have one heck of a time putting in those headers. It's been answered a million times. Every car will be different, but if you want na gains you better opt for test pipes, and make sure you get tuned.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:53 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Yeah me too i might just try to stay na. Its a lot of work and money. I just want to beat out my girl at the track. She is buying a big turbo vw mk4 gti. So its faster and cant have that. Also in a straight line i want to make sure i can get it.
Yeah might wanna keep it na. Especially if its your daily driver. Your going to be the one driving her around everywhere when her car is living in the repair shop. A 400hp vw doesnt move that fast on the hook.

But on a beat her on the track note you could probably find a z-28 for under 10k that will and still have a reliable Z for cruising.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the enigine to high mileage? Thats my concern. I want to geta a vortech and run the stock 7.5 to 8.5 psi. Do i need to build the engine up for that? From what ive read everyone puts it on a block with like less than 30k. I wpuld go turbo but that seems to be everyones go to and i want a unique build. I dont seee many roadsters with a lot of power or that are sitting right.
Also i have hotchkins sway bars in my amazon cart. I havent pulled the trigger yet because i want to do a before and after on the track with stock and new ones.
Since nobody will give you a straight answer, yes at 84k is fine along as compression is within spec.... Dynosty just posted a guy that out on a vortech at 130k and made 390hp... Also 4.08 and fi is not a great combo unless you want to do rolling burnouts in 4 gears. Stick with 355 gears for fi... If you stay na 4.08 are ideal. I'm running mine na until it dies, by a beater and buy a used engine to slap a vortech on...