Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First impression of my new (to me) '03 track

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:22 PM
gbroke

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default First impression of my new (to me) '03 track

The short version: Absolutely love it. The level of car vs the cost is phenomenal. Z fan for life.

Even though I had never driven or even sat in a Z, I bought this 2003' Track 6MT online without seeing it in person or test driving it.We can all agree that's a risky thing to do. As a middle-aged husband with 3 kids, I was having a midlife-carsis. After my 3rd fireball shot, I pulled the trigger. In this case, it exceeded all of my expectations. It amazes me that a car like this can be so inexpensive.

After a 1600 miles trip, it was delivered minutes after a large snow storm started, about 6 weeks ago. I drove it from the street to my backyard:

The weather finally broke and I have been able to clean her up and put some miles on her.

My first impression was how immaculate this car is. It has 91k miles on it and drives like it has 5k miles it. The paint and body are near perfect. Alignment, clutch, steering, brakes....everything is tight and feels like new. Even the tires are brand new.

I was shocked when I got on the gas. This thing chirps tires all the way through 3rd gear and sounds amazing with the Ark exhaust. The ride is a little stiff due to the 20's, but it still handles like a dream. I'll deal with the rim/tire package in the future. For now, the 20's are fine. I find the style of them to be "acceptable" for now. The concave on the rears really compliment the body lines, although they wouldn't have been my first choice.

This go-kart on steroids is incredibly fun to drive and is very sexy. It's remarkable to think this car is 14 years old.

I did put in new subs yesterday.

It came with a long list of upgrades and mods, but I suspect there is an upgraded suspension setup not mentioned. I tried to find out today when I took it to my mechanic. However, none of his 3 lifts were low enough to get under the side skirts.

Even the engine is spotless. I did paint the battery and fluid covers to look like brushed metal.

Know mods.
TAKADA COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
ARK GRiP CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
INTAKE MANIFOLD LID SPACER
UPGRADED CLUTCH
BREMBO FRONT & REAR BRAKES

CARBON FIBER OEM STYLE HOOD
CARBON FIBER FRONT LIP
CARBON FIBER SIDESKIRTS
CARBON FIBER REAR LIP
CARBON FIBER REAR SPOILER
TINTED TAIL-LIGHTS
TINTED WINDOWS

20" BLAQUE DIAMOND STAGGERED COCAVE WHEELS
NITTO 555 EXTREME ZR TIRES

PIONEER TOUCHSCREEN STEREO
MEMPHIS AUDIO PRX 5.550 AMPLIFIER
2 X 10" INFINTY KAPPA PERFECT SUBWOOFERS
4 X JL AUDIO COMPONENT SPEAKERS

WHITE INTERIOR LED KIT
STREET GLOW UNDERCARRIAGE LED UNDERGLOW KIT (BLUE)
STREET GLOW LED WHEEL WELL UNDERGLOW KIT (BLUE)
STREET GLOW MULTI-COLOR INTERIOR LED KIT
CLEAR SIDEMARKERS

I didn't know it had these until I opened the door. I am both appalled and amused.

If you made it this far... thanks for reading and I look forward to being a part of Z Life.

Last edited by gbroke; 02-16-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 PM
The Swede

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Congrats on the Z and welcome to the family!

The first time I got in my Z I felt the same way. What a feeling! *queue music*

It does indeed look like your's is on some sort of non-OEM suspension componentry. I guess you'll have to find something to roll up on to get a jack under those skirts.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

congrats on the car, did you buy it from a forum member? i swear i have seen this one before. i think i had worse of a mid life crisis.... i sold the nissan and got a corvette
Old 02-17-2017, 12:07 PM
gbroke

Originally Posted by travlee
congrats on the car, did you buy it from a forum member? i swear i have seen this one before. i think i had worse of a mid life crisis.... i sold the nissan and got a corvette
Ah yes, the corvette. The car I have always wanted. Maybe I can trade up before I die and be buried in it.

I bought the Z from a dealer on eBay, so I'm not sure if the original owner was a forum member. However, I did post about it when I first bought it in the "new owners" section. That may be where you saw it.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:44 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by gbroke

Know mods.

BREMBO FRONT & REAR BRAKES
Stock
Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 PM
gbroke

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Stock
Ahh. I see they came stock on the Track edition. Good to know.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Nismo Ninja

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on the purchase of your Z. You'll find a wealth of knowledge on this forum and I believe you'll be tinkering with your car in no time.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Theminatar

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice looking Z there. I was half tempted to get an older one myself, since more of the older ones are modded already. But then I'd have no fun modding it alone
Old 02-19-2017, 07:52 AM
SecondGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
i think i had worse of a mid life crisis.... i sold the nissan and got a corvette

I'd go back to a Corvette in a heartbeat.

I want to try a C6 next, but need to wait for prices to come down further. In the mean time Z it is.