Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Silverstone or red roadster??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Viffer35Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverstone or red roadster??

I'm going to buy a Roadster this weekend and the only dilemma is color. I looked at a few models yesterday, thinking I was interested in a Silverstone model. It was a cloudy day and the silverstone roadster was filthy. It didn't look that great in those conditions and while I was at the dealer for almost three hours yesterday, a red coupe continued to catch my eye. I just saw a bunch of great looking pics of a silverstone roadster by Dildorado with the burnt orange/ventilated charcoal seats. How is that mesh looking fabric on those seats?? This is a grand touring model. With a red roadster, I do NOT want the charcoal seats! They make a touring roadster with the frost(light grey) interior that I might be interested in, but it doesn't look like it's anywhere to be found here in So. Cal. I see a few red coupes with red/frost.

I guess I'm asking how happy you folks are with these colors or what you've seen that looks good. Appreciate any opinions.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:02 AM
dlmkr1

I have the redline with the frost interior. Very classic looking. And besides...red cars go faster!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:23 AM
ZBoater

Red. I wanted a red one sooooo bad....
Old 06-03-2005, 06:29 AM
350G

I own a red (coupe) and absolutely love it! Surprisingly enough, I see only a small amount of red, but an abundance of silver. Sure, silver may hide a little more dirt, but the red just "pops" as you see one go by . . . On a resale level, I think silver has a greater demand, but you can take that one of two ways:

a) More people will want it later (easier to sell)
b) Red may fetch a premium for someone who wants red

In either case, red in a roadster is rare in my travels . . . get the d@mn thing!!! *LOL*

G
Old 06-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Open Air

I have the Silverstone roadster with the vented seat, and love it! But hey red's nice also. I'm just not a coupe fan. Follow this link to see a few pics.

http://webpages.charter.net/350zroadster/
Old 06-03-2005, 06:52 AM
islandsnow

get red, i see too many silverstones now.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Viffer35Z

Dang, I'm torn and really don't know which way to go. The red is very sweet, VERY! The Silverstone with those two tone seats is also gorgeous. The only problem is I can't find a red/frost roadster anywhere. Only one or two coupes. So, I'm leaning towards Silverstone cause I REALLY don't want the all black/charcoal interior.

Such problems.....
Old 06-03-2005, 07:31 AM
aznmojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do u like to detail your car? do you like to work on it on the weekends? If so, do red, the detailing will be more rewarding. If you like a car that can go a month without a wash... silver!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:32 AM
omegatlc4

I just purchased my Silverstone Roadster a month ago and love it. Question is, which color do you like the most irregardless of the car? Pick the color you like the most and make a move.

Interior-wise, Frost is awesome, but my 03 coupe took some work to keep clean as it picked up a few dark stains. Charcoal hides it a little better, but the trade off is the black carpets need constant attention.

Last edited by omegatlc4; 06-03-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:34 AM
dlmkr1

Get the red and change the skins. Although I have a coupe I have added the silver leather patch/cover with a red embroidered "Z" over the ugly yellow warning labels on the visor. Taking off the headrests and embroidering the same red Z. Just a few touches of red to dress up the inside. Looks great on the frost leather.

As to a redline...mine is mostly stock and it turns heads everywhere. You'll have to really look for a redline/frost combination...but is is worth it in comparison. Waxed up the car glows in the dark.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:52 AM
VeilsideZ33

a redline red in motion...
Attached Thumbnails Silverstone or red roadster??-a08.jpg   Silverstone or red roadster??-07_g.jpg   Silverstone or red roadster??-ilonmotion4.jpg  
Old 06-03-2005, 08:27 AM
craniumdesigns

there may be more silverstones, but i just dont like red. i'll never buy a red car.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:37 AM
CAN0802

I have owned mine since just before New Year's and have yet to see a red roadster out and about here between San Diego and Carlsbad, and on over toward El Cajon. I drive a bit, and now have about 10K on the clock. Colorwise, if you like the red, I'd say go for it, and you will be different, if not somewhat unique.

Interior-wise, Frost is awesome, but my 03 coupe took some work to keep clean as it picked up a few dark stains. Charcoal hides it a little better, but the trade off is the black carpets need constant attention.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I have the frost interior and my carpet is black. Not sure what you were getting at here.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Viffer35Z

Just did the deal over the phone. Talking to the manager right now...running credit...nice fico and a done deal!!!!!! Went with the Silverstone Grand Touring Roadster! Stickered for $42,200 and got it for $39,400. Very happy with the deal. Leaving in a half hour to get it. Will report back later. Thanks for trhe opinions! Open Air - VERY NICE!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Open Air

Congratzzz Viffer35z, I'm sure you'll love it
Old 06-03-2005, 10:37 AM
sp1derm00

Originally Posted by craniumdesigns
there may be more silverstones, but i just dont like red. i'll never buy a red car.
i agree w/ u to an extent...

the only cars i feel belong in red are Ferrari's...otherwise, i wouldnt touch a red car.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 on whoever said that Silverstone will have a higher resale value. IMO resale is one of the top things to consider when buying a car.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Rocks Wit VoX

Originally Posted by Viffer35Z
Just did the deal over the phone. Talking to the manager right now...running credit...nice fico and a done deal!!!!!! Went with the Silverstone Grand Touring Roadster! Stickered for $42,200 and got it for $39,400. Very happy with the deal. Leaving in a half hour to get it. Will report back later. Thanks for trhe opinions! Open Air - VERY NICE!!!
hey congrats , i got about the same price as u in redline, but i love the silverstone just as much. the roadsters look great nomatter what color , especially with the top down
Old 06-03-2005, 10:24 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

u should've gotten red....
only b/c I don want too many SS's out there.

SS is the BEST COLOR!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 04:54 AM
Viffer35Z

The car is gorgeous. Pulled into the dealer and saw my silverstone Z sitting right in front looking absolutely fantastic, top up. Driving it home with the top down was a dream. Even at 80+, the car was quieter than I thought. Nice. And the ventilated seats are VERY cool. Feeling a little breeze on my back was neat! What a great feeling being back in a focused sports car. Driving a stick again is awesome! Went throught the digital gauge and took a few seconds to realize what info I was looking at. I like the digital speedo. Reading the manual right now on all that info.

Phenomenal car which I can't wait to get into. Should be a nice drive to Julian today!

Thanks again guys! Have a great weekend!!

Quick Reply: Silverstone or red roadster??