Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005 | 02:48 PM
MADooit

Thank You! All you miss-guided zr lovers.

I can understand some coupe owners not loving the top up zr, But to say it looks like A$$ is a pathetic statement. I get so many complements on my car (top up & down) I just can’t believe it looks THAT bad to some people. But if it dose look that bad top up I will just have to learn to live with myself (somehow).

[QUOTE=zand02max]I love the look with the top up, but prefers the top down look!

Originally Posted by SeanG
I owned 03' coupe and could not stand the boxed in feel (no sunroof). Thought I could get use to it, but found that I was just made to enjoy the fresh air. It doesn't matter that some thinks my car looks like a$$ with the top up. It's a Z...top up or top down. I just feel proud and lucky that I own one. Basically, I have never had anyone say to me that my car looks like crap with the top up. Everyone I know loves it. I can enjoy my ride so much more than others with just a push of a button.
Old 05-05-2005 | 04:38 PM
Shift4Speed

Don’t get me started I first wanted the hard top put then later changed my mind when i test drove the Roadster. Its off the hook i get a lot of attention from girls, so that in mind screw the hardtop. No offence its nice put with the top down its one hell of an experience.

05 350Z Touring Roadster AT
Still have no mods put i beat an G35 EASY
Old 05-05-2005 | 05:30 PM
ZBoater

Yeah, the Roadster with the top up looks like crap...

Old 05-05-2005 | 10:59 PM
gringott

Sorry if I didn't get across what I meant. Top up or down, great looking car. But I personally like the coupe, because I like the look better than the roadster with the top up. Either way, roadster or coupe, I wouldn't kick either out of my driveway. It's a great car, and in the summer I am sure it is fantastic with the top down. Would it be nicer with a removeable hardtop? I wonder....
Old 05-06-2005 | 05:23 AM
sluggoZ

[QUOTE=MAdooid]I’m surprised that even some zr owner doesn’t like the look of their car with the top up. I guess I’m lucky. I like the looks of my car top up or down. I looked at other roadsters (In this price range) and didn’t like the looks or the performance or both, but the zr is the complete package.

I bet most of the coupe owners who knocks the zr haven’t driven it. I have driven both and I’m a big Z fan. I like the look of the coupe, but I would not buy one. Just not my cup of tea. I’m not trying to get in a pissing mach. I love my Z bothers and sisters. Driving the zr with the top up is awesome! But put the top down and hold on to your socks!!!

I just wanted to speak up of the people who have a deferent opinion. I’m not taking anything away form the looks of the coupe, but IMHO the zr looks good top up or top down, in good weather or bad, and on top of that I have over 12k miles on it and can’t wait for the next drive (top up or down ). Go ahead and call me crazy. I don’t care. I like the looks of my car and I’m not afraid to say it.

Thanks, I fill better now. [/QUOTE

Wow!...I feel the same way....it still feels like heaven!!
Old 05-06-2005 | 06:58 AM
ZBoater

Originally Posted by ZBoater
...Yeah, the Roadster with the top up looks like crap...

Just in case there was a doubt, I was being sarcastic.

I like the way the coupe looks. I like the way the ZR looks, top up or down. But, living in Tampa there simply is no contest - being able to drive topless beats being couped up (get it - coupe-d up? ). However, this is a pointless comparison - a roadster vs. a coupe in looks makes no sense, even if they are both Zs.
Old 05-06-2005 | 07:11 AM
rclab1

Default With the Top Down, Words cannot express the feeling compared to the Coupe

most, or a lot of people say the Roadster is ugly with the top up, thats a great comment, but driving home from work the LONG WAY with the Top Down, Words cannot express the feeling you get driving with the Top Down!

to all those that have a Roadster, you know what I mean!

In My Opinion, I love the Z Roadster TOp Up and Top Down,
b/c when my top is up, the Z coupes know that I can
make my Top go away and magically feel the more wind on my head....

also, the past coupe of posts up above is true,
most coupe owners have never driven a Z Roadster with the
top down before.......

My next car will be a Convertible no doubt after I'm bored with my
Z Roadster.

Last edited by rclab1; 05-06-2005 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-06-2005 | 04:57 PM
Chicken

Originally Posted by rclab1
also, the past coupe of posts up above is true,
most coupe owners have never driven a Z Roadster with the
top down before.......
I don't think one has to drive a roadster to have an opinion about how it looks. (I own a coupe.) I generally feel that most coupe versions of cars look better than their roadster counterparts (then again, I did buy the coupe and not because I couldn't afford the roadster). I also feel that most roadsters tend to look better with the top down than up (not to mention that's the whole point of a roadster). Even a Yugo convertible has it's plus points. Although I like any Z really, personally I didn't care for how Nissan handled the roadster (mainly the back end). I will say that I also didn't like how they handled the front end (so I changed the bumper and like it much more).

I really don't think it matters much what I think, nor what anyone else thinks. If you have a roadster and like how it looks, then that's all that's important. It's not a bad looking car (in either form).
Old 05-06-2005 | 05:02 PM
sluggoZ

Originally Posted by Chicken
I don't think one has to drive a roadster to have an opinion about how it looks. (I own a coupe.) I generally feel that most coupe versions of cars look better than their roadster counterparts (then again, I did buy the coupe and not because I couldn't afford the roadster). I also feel that most roadsters tend to look better with the top down than up (not to mention that's the whole point of a roadster). Even a Yugo convertible has it's plus points. Although I like any Z really, personally I didn't care for how Nissan handled the roadster (mainly the back end). I will say that I also didn't like how they handled the front end (so I changed the bumper and like it much more).

I really don't think it matters much what I think, nor what anyone else thinks. If you have a roadster and like how it looks, then that's all that's important. It's not a bad looking car (in either form).
Amen!
Old 05-06-2005 | 06:08 PM
Bran_BranZ33

i like the z soft tops they look nice

but has anyone seen the 300c (4 door by the way) convertible now thats ugly....
Old 05-06-2005 | 06:34 PM
Hogstar

This is my first ragtop. I still have her and the ZR. I guess my vote goes to "TOP DOWN"!https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....id=70574&stc=1
Attached Thumbnails Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?-scan1.jpg   Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?-dsc00423a.jpg  

Last edited by Hogstar; 05-06-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2005 | 07:33 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Bran_BranZ33
i like the z soft tops they look nice

but has anyone seen the 300c (4 door by the way) convertible now thats ugly....
Yep
Attached Thumbnails Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?-dsc_0072.jpg  
Old 05-06-2005 | 08:25 PM
kimara

I have had both, I traded an 03 coupe in for a 05 ZR. I must agree that the coupe does look better. But when I put my top down on the roadster, that all changes. No matter what the case a Z is still a Z.

Last edited by kimara; 05-06-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2005 | 10:26 PM
solorflare

agreed
Old 05-15-2006 | 05:02 AM
AznYellowZ

yea, hard top is better looking....but the lady's enjoy the convertible more!!!
Old 05-15-2006 | 05:15 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AznYellowZ
yea, hard top is better looking....but the lady's enjoy the convertible more!!!
Holy crap!!! How big a shovel did you need to dig THIS thread up!?!?!
Old 05-15-2006 | 05:32 AM
whimz

Wife and I went to see an 04 sunset zr with all options and vented seats. Looked. liked, bought! With the top up or down it is a hoot to drive. Will keep it forever. Love all the z's though.
Old 05-15-2006 | 11:42 AM
Built2shredZ

Here's the thing with the Roadster.... Imagine the hands on the clock, now if the roadster (with top up) was facing 12 o'clock the good angles are 3 o'clock thru 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock, the bad angles are 10 o'clock thru 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock thru 2 o'clock

The reason why is from those angles the top looks like it just drops off and does not slope to the back of the car which IMO gives it a really funky look.. but from all the other angles it looks sweet.

Top down it looks great from all angles..

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 05-15-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2006 | 11:47 AM
pingbling23

I think the next gen G35 coupe should have a convert hard top. That would be sweeeeeet imo.
Old 05-15-2006 | 11:51 AM
ZBigDog

Only roadster I'd push would be a black one to blend that roof as much as possible, and if I had the extra loot I'd be sitting in one instead of my 03 coupe right now. Living in Florida gives you so many days to drop the top you just have to consider it.

Quick Reply: Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?