Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio Install - HU, Amp, 2x 10" Subs

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Shoji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Install - HU, Amp, 2x 10" Subs

Good Afternoon, everyone. I just took my 2003 350z to a few audio places to get quotes to have sub/all and head unit installed. One place quoted me at 10 hours ($600), while the other two outright refused to touch my car. Thanks, South Bend >.<

So, the reason for this post: I will be attempting to install these components myself this weekend. I will look through other posts on this forum to get an idea of what I will look forward to doing. Will post pictures of what I have and progress as I go. Wish me luck! And feel free to provide pointers as you deem appropriate.

I have a custom front-firing sub enclosure, two kicker 10" subs, amp and head unit with back-up camera. I also purchased a double-din kit/wiring harness adapter and wiring kit.

Question 1: Should I worry about rewiring rear speakers to go around factory amp/sub?
Old 02-25-2016, 02:36 PM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Shoji
Question 1: Should I worry about rewiring rear speakers to go around factory amp/sub?
I never bothered with my rear speakers, they just kill the front sound stage. So I removed all the BOSE crap, replaced the head unit, added a DSP processor (totally optional), plus new component speakers up fronts (mid + tweeter), a 4 channel amp and an 8" sub.

Other then the limited space in the Z and avoiding all the BOSE stuff it was a very straight forward install. Granted I've been doing car audio since 1985 so I've got lots of experience.

What are you doing for front speakers?