Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Swisha's bling bling custom stereo (and sub box) install w/ lots of pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Swisha350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swisha's bling bling custom stereo (and sub box) install w/ lots of pics!!!

Alright I just got back from getting all my stereo stuff installed and I have to say I'm very satisfied with the results. This is what it includes...

Alpine CDA-7875 CD-player
Alpine CHA-634 6-Disc MP3 changer
Alpine XM radio tuner
Alpine MVR-F540 4-channel 4X100 RMS Amp
4 Alpine SPR-176A 6.5" Type-R component speakers
Alpine MRD-M500 mono Amp
2 Alpine SWR-1021D 10" Type-R subs
Custom sub box w/ Kicker grills painted Daytona Blue

And heres the pics...

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/swishahoouuse
Old 04-18-2003, 08:59 AM
POWERZ

Looks great!
I'm more for a stealth install, so I don't care much for blue kicker grilles, but every thing else looked very nice & clean!
Nice setup. Now how does all this Alpine equipment sound?
Old 04-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Swisha350z

it sounds badass....like it'll get extremely loud but its still just as clean as it is when its at normal volume. Thats what I love about Alpine is theres hardly any distortion ever. You can just imagine how loud it sounds in such a small car too....
Old 04-18-2003, 08:26 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Swisha350z
it sounds badass....like it'll get extremely loud but its still just as clean as it is when its at normal volume. Thats what I love about Alpine is theres hardly any distortion ever. You can just imagine how loud it sounds in such a small car too....
did you have any problems getting the front TWEETER and FRONT 6.5" to fit?? how did you do it, these speakers are the best I have heard for the $$$.
Old 04-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Swisha350z

For the front tweeters, I had to cut open the hole...basically I cut the whole stock grille out and put the new tweeter in the whole.

The speakers were kind of difficult because I had to cut some of the metal on the inside of the door panel to make it fit properly. The magnets on the speakers are huge so it wouldnt just fit in normally.

For the back speakers, I had to cut out some space as well becasue the stock whole wasnt deep enough to accomodate either.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:39 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Swisha350z
For the front tweeters, I had to cut open the hole...basically I cut the whole stock grille out and put the new tweeter in the whole.

The speakers were kind of difficult because I had to cut some of the metal on the inside of the door panel to make it fit properly. The magnets on the speakers are huge so it wouldnt just fit in normally.

For the back speakers, I had to cut out some space as well becasue the stock whole wasnt deep enough to accomodate either.
\

dang, sorry to keep bugging you, how, did you cut the metal, and what did you use to cut it??? (your right the magnets are HUGE)
Old 04-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Itzted350z

nice system, i was thinking about doing something like that...similar...how much did it cost?
Old 04-22-2003, 08:39 PM
rodH

can you tell us how much metal and how you cut it, in the door area??
Old 04-23-2003, 04:13 AM
Zmoney

Can you still access the spare tire with that set up?
Old 04-25-2003, 09:05 AM
Swisha350z

I didnt have to cut too much metal to make it fit....Just a corner that was preventing the speaker from going in all the way. I just put the speaker in the stock hole and when I tried to push it in, it wouldnt go in flush so I just sorta cut out what was in the way. I used a dremmel to cut and then smooth it out. Once it was in there I added a couple metal bars for reinforcement so that it would stay still.

Yes I can still access the spare tire becasue I cut the board that goes under the mat. (the one that you lift to get to the spare) I basically just cut it in half where the board meets the strut bar. I still have enough room to everything under it.

I was originally thinking about taking out the spare and using that space to put all the extra peices (xm tuner box, power capacitor, etc.) but I ended up scrapping that idea and opting to put all that stuff in the big empty space behind the driver's seat. The panel just pops off and theres a whole lot of nothing in there.

Cost wise, the whole system got pretty expensive....The box only cost me $600 (the guy hooked it up...it shouldve been $800-$1000) and all the equipment total propably ran around $3500-$4000. Is it worth it?? Hell yes I think it is. I figure if youre gonna do something, you might as well do it right.

Next step is gonna be the 7" screen and dvd player and then maybe Ill finally be done with the stereo portion of the car.