Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Picking the right suspension for your performance needs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 02:32 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
I didnt like the stance or ride, now i will say i had them on stock shocks. I put on eibach pro kit an was happy all around, then i put on the dspecs and was in heaven.

just wasnt my liking, you may love them though
Originally Posted by Wet feet
Understood. And I am on stock shocks too, but only 18k miles, so that might help. Plus the sways. I’m sure it can be improved upon. Certainly I believe/feel the Tein are an improvement over stock suspension. If by stance you mean lower, I would love lower, but just can’t. I wish there were a way to use "economical" air bags (not the full on air suspension) to raise the car temporarily over speed bumps, steep parking entrances etc, then I’d go lower. Love the way a reasonably lowered Z looks.
Annnnd, there you have it.

As a note to anyone, don't forget that springs are there just to hold the car up (way oversimplified of course) and what the shocks are there for.... to control spring action. If the springs aren't properly dampened, they're not going to do their job very well.

Put a stiff spring in without commensurate dampening of their action and the ride is going to be cr*p and the car will be less controllable because of the suspension imbalance.

Sweet, sour, always better balanced.