Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

First Drift Day Footage

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Driftwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Drift Day Footage

i took my completely stock 03 350z to my first ever drift event, heres the footage from the day.

comments/tips welcomed!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 PM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First tip: undo youtube's image stabilization. Making me sick haha.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Kevin Perez

Default Nice

Well its nice to see what a stock Z can do, looks like you had some fun. Old tires u needed to get rid off lol??
Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Sergx22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang you took that first corner like a boss! Looks like you had great fun, I cant wait to start drifting mine since I just got it. Heres a video of my practicing with my z32 before I got the 350z:
Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Driftwannabe

nope kevin, lol just the start of an amazing hobby.
thanks alot sergx, if you take it out drifting in the rain be careful. its easy to mess up your car lol.
Attached Thumbnails First Drift Day Footage-023.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Ultra6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, awesome post! You got some nice drifts goin in there! It rained a little bit in Norcal today and the parking lot was empty so I did a little drifting of my own lol. Definitely want to try this out with my stockies before put some new wheels on her. Any one know of any drift days for ams near the bay area?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:24 PM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Pics of girl the beginning of the video please.

Anyways it looked like you had a blastt man!! I really want to try this out but im scared even a few laps would shave several 32nds from my tire haha. Did you waste a brand new set?
Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

2things.
1) Your girlfriend/sister/wife/homieloverfriend has an attractive set of knee-caps. It's a thing. don't judge me.
2). Looking good out there. Well done for your first event. Seat time is key. Do it up.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Driftwannabe

haha thanks driftsucky.... i think. and darkcreep if your worried about your tires at all you probably shouldnt do it at all, or just wait until you plan on getting new ones anyways, and shred whats left of the ones your replacing. i took 4 newish tires and 2 used tires with about half tread left. the brand new rears lasted about an hour and a half with a couple quick 5 minute breaks here and there, but i was throwing rubber off of them within the first 30 minutes. and the half tread tires were completely corded within 10 laps.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Driftwannabe

and to clarify, the girl in the video is my amazing girlfriend of three years luckily she seemed to love drifting
Old 06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have any outside of the car footage?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Junkster

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol @ image stabilization, i was like oh daymmmm this fool just broke the internet with his mad jdm tyte dorifuto skillz haha

Good **** though glad you had fun! keep it up
Old 06-25-2013, 01:35 PM
lowandslow

You had alot of good drifts out there, I just want to point out that when you let go of the wheel to let it counter steer catch it when it spins around 1 and a half times so you still have space to turn the wheel, but you did really good was this your first time drifting?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Driftwannabe

no i wasnt able to get any outside the car footage, i bought my go-pro the day before the event and didnt have time to experiment with angles or anything so i just mounted it on the passenger helmet. next time around i will have outside footage though. i plan on posting videos from every event i go to.
lmfao junkster my computer is too slow to upload it in good quality the image stabilization makes me feel sick to but its 10X better than the distorted crap it was before.
Lowandslow depends on your personal views on drifting. this is the first vehicle ive had that isnt an automatic FWD mom car and ive only had my z for a month and a half. i had about 45 minutes of "drifting" wheel time in a parking lot. if you click my youtube channel from the video, my only other video is me practicing donuts in a little lot. that lot is where my 45 minutes of experience came from before my drift day. and since i was 16 ive always ripped the E-brake and powerslid corners in my FWD cars but not real drifting. so to answer your question technically it was my first time doing "real drifting" but ive always liked sliding cars
Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 PM
assad112000

Now be ready to become broke if you start going to lots of events lol drifting is a moneypit! But the most fun you can ever have in a car IMO
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Tazrek

That first turn though haha took that like a boss!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:51 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get in practice, get a sponsor, and then get in lots of fun with good production. It will be rewarding.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19 PM
optimusprim3

Originally Posted by Driftwannabe
no i wasnt able to get any outside the car footage, i bought my go-pro the day before the event and didnt have time to experiment with angles or anything so i just mounted it on the passenger helmet. next time around i will have outside footage though. i plan on posting videos from every event i go to.
lmfao junkster my computer is too slow to upload it in good quality the image stabilization makes me feel sick to but its 10X better than the distorted crap it was before.
Lowandslow depends on your personal views on drifting. this is the first vehicle ive had that isnt an automatic FWD mom car and ive only had my z for a month and a half. i had about 45 minutes of "drifting" wheel time in a parking lot. if you click my youtube channel from the video, my only other video is me practicing donuts in a little lot. that lot is where my 45 minutes of experience came from before my drift day. and since i was 16 ive always ripped the E-brake and powerslid corners in my FWD cars but not real drifting. so to answer your question technically it was my first time doing "real drifting" but ive always liked sliding cars

Lmao we sound like the same person dude. Good job on connecting those turns, I just started to get into drifting too so maybe I'll see you around some drift events in the future
Old 06-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Kevin Perez

well i wish i had money to buy tires for drifting lol
Old 06-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Driftwannabe

connecting the turn is definitely whats giving me the most trouble right now haha i had a bad habit of just laying on the throttle through transition and spinning myself out

Quick Reply: First Drift Day Footage