Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Stock DE vs Revup vs HR vs VHR numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:08 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by leo_giovani619
Tell me about it, I still owe 10k on my 2003 Z 6speed
I didnt do my hw when I shopped around for a Z.
Not knowing about DE,uprev, or HR.
But hey for sone reason the Z has not giving me no problems in the year that I have owned it.I love my car regardless.
HR's are going to be cheap in the future anyway lol
Any 350Z is good. There is always something faster if you have the bucks. Pay for your car and go shopping for a used 370Z. You will like it.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Verda7junior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Valuable info here. I'm glad this was bumped. And it looks like the rev-up motor really is the one to avoid with the oil consumption issues and the lowest torque.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 AM
jdm5596

im sry.... all i saw that may contribute to making more power is intake, exhaust,.and osiris..... y r u surprised he only made 290???

Originally Posted by nismokid08
ok heres my question was these done on a dynojet cause a guy on 350z motoring claims that the HR motor has 245whp no matter how much i argue with him or prove to him its higher he doesnt believe me so i showed him this and he said it was probally done on a dyno jet which are inaccurate so it looks like the only way to prove to him is if these were NOT done a dynojet

i dont even know why he doesnt believe it. Like me he has a Nismo edition which has the HR motor of course you would think he would be happy to find out that it has more whp then what the guys at UpRev tuning in atlanta told him. He has a ton of mods on it and after UpRev tuned it he only had 290 whp they told him that there dyno was the most accurate

heres his mods
Injen SP1987 Cold Air Intake
Unorthadox Racing Crank Pulley
Stillen Headers
Stillen Grounding Kit (which i dont know why he did this walkert says our motors are already grounded)
Stillen Engine Damper
Stillen Front Core Support
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Fast Intentions Intimidator Polished Cat Back Exaust
Fast Intentions Polished High Flow Cats
UPRev OSIRIS Patch & Tune
GTSpec Rear Lateral Arm Brace
GTSpec Front Lower Tie Brace
GTSpec Rear Lower Tie Brace
GTSpec 4 Point Mid-Chassis Re-inforcement Brace
StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines for Brembo Brakes
CarboTech Brake Pads
Silicon Hoses
DashDaq Monitoring System & Datalogger

so yall mind helping me convince this guy that they were wrong i even told him the damn nissan place told me it had 260 whp
oh yea this is the dyno they used Land & Sea Dyno-Mite
Old 05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
350Z Project X

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Verda7junior
Valuable info here. I'm glad this was bumped. And it looks like the rev-up motor really is the one to avoid with the oil consumption issues and the lowest torque.
hmm, so i think i should just go wit a DE or HR motor instaed of the DE rev up like i originally planned. Im glad im doing my research this time around. I got an 04' roadster now but wanna sell it for a hard top drift build
Old 05-11-2012, 02:26 AM
jdm5596

Originally Posted by 350Z Project X
hmm, so i think i should just go wit a DE or HR motor instaed of the DE rev up like i originally planned. Im glad im doing my research this time around. I got an 04' roadster now but wanna sell it for a hard top drift build
Old 05-11-2012, 02:37 AM
RENFRO

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

I prefer my DE...it's what I could afford and was a beautiful, well kept car. The power/torque differences be damned. The Z is about the thrill of driving it...sure that extra bit of power here and there is nice, but I've made my car my own and isn't that we all go for? The "to each his own" concept has a deeper meaning than just words. Yes, it's very much my own...an extension of myself.

Always in admiration of the more powerful HR and VHR...but at the end of the day, my DE is coming home with me, and until that changes she's plenty sexy for me.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Jah70

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RENFRO
I prefer my DE...it's what I could afford and was a beautiful, well kept car. The power/torque differences be damned. The Z is about the thrill of driving it...sure that extra bit of power here and there is nice, but I've made my car my own and isn't that we all go for? The "to each his own" concept has a deeper meaning than just words. Yes, it's very much my own...an extension of myself.

Always in admiration of the more powerful HR and VHR...but at the end of the day, my DE is coming home with me, and until that changes she's plenty sexy for me.
Beautifully bro, I started tearing up when I read what you wrote. I ran outside and hugged my 2003 DE after I read your comment
Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 AM
freddys 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why did they only take the de to 6100. looks like the peak would of been higher if they ran it up all the way to redline.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Accel

I wish there was an overlay done, that it will give us a lot better understanding of the differences between each.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:42 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Accel
I wish there was an overlay done, that it will give us a lot better understanding of the differences between each.
I second that. Someone with a computer and the knowledge should lay them all together so we can see the true difference all the way through, I only have mobile these days or I would do it myself. Really hope someone will take the time to do it, would be very interesting.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Emski

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone with spreadsheet capabilities on their computer can do it. I guarantee that includes you lazy *****. So "someone" should just get cracking.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:11 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I hadn't sold my computer awhile back. I wouldn't have to wait to see it.