Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ST800 Smart System: Keyless push button start, proximity sensing security System!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:21 PM
1 MEAN Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST800 Smart System: Keyless push button start, proximity sensing security System!

I see there is some talk on here already about one of these systems. I just want to share the videos of both of these system installed on my 2006 350z and give some info or answer any questions anyone may have on either of these systems. I have installed both the DW-Tech touch button start (which there is already talk about on here) and the ST800 smart system on the Z myself and I have to say they both do exactly what they claim, so if you have any questions on install let me know and I will answer them for you also.

Let me Explain a little about both system, first off both systems are rather simple to install. Both systems will work on a diesel or gas engine, both systems will work on automatic and manual transmissions.

DW-Tech touch start system
I think the easiest way to explain how the DW-Tech touch button start system works is to think of it as a remote start system. Only instead of engaging the system from a key fob at a distance you will initiate the start procedure from the touch of a button located in your Z. It is a true touch button, not a push button. The DW-Tech touch button system ties into your factory keyless entry, vehicle immobilizer unit and factory alarm system. When you lock your vehicle it deactivates the touch button system, then when you unlock your vehicle and open the drivers door it activates the touch start system. So you can then get in your car touch the button and go. If some one was to break into your vehicle the touch button system would completely deactivate so there is no chance of working the button. If by some chance you forget to lock you vehicle when you leave the touch button system will automatically deactivate after 60 seconds until you come back and hit unlock on your factory key fob.

ST800 Smart System
The ST800 smart system is a lot more advanced than the DW-Tech touch start system.
The ST800 is a proximity sensing smart key system, this system includes:100% keyless proximity sensing car security system, remote start and push button engine start all rolled together. It also includes with it the digital key entry system which I will explain later. I can explain the ST800 in one word... UNBELIEVABLE... You will never need keys again or will you ever have to look for your key fob to disarm you alarm system. This is a proximity sensing system as I mentioned earlier, as long as you hold the smart key on you, you will be the only one able to access the vehicle. As soon as you get into proximity the doors will unlock the security system will disengage and the push button start system will become operational.Once you leave proximity of the vehicle the alarm will engage , all doors will lock and push button start will become inactive. The credit card remote is actually smaller than a credit card and is even small enough to store in your wallet or 5th pocket and forget that it is even there.

Digital Key Entry System
The Digital key entry system is a nice added feature that comes along with the ST800 smart system. The digital key is basically a keypad that can be mounted in your front windshield behind the glass. It picks up your touch through the glass and is dead on accurate. This system will allow you to access your vehicle and disengage your alarm system via the key pad, it will also allow you to pop your trunk and start and stop the vehicle all by simply typing in your own personal pass code.

Enjoy the videos and let me know if you have any questions...

This is how the DW-Tech touch button system works...
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmWYsYOMdMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmWYsYOMdMY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

One more on the DW-Tech touch start button...
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yIs9XeFJJPk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yIs9XeFJJPk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

This is how the ST800 smart system works...
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-Em-CHCjR8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;c olor2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-Em-CHCjR8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;c olor2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

ST800 smart system @ night...
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Z8e82FDGXM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Z8e82FDGXM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

This is how the Digital key entry system works...
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zapzB98O4Rc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zapzB98O4Rc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a& amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited by 1 MEAN Z; 11-08-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm....
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

you wouldn't be trying to sell something, would you?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:02 PM
1 MEAN Z

Originally Posted by Entaille
you wouldn't be trying to sell something, would you?

I am not selling anything just showing the videos of the system installed and offering info....I know how it goes on here. This is not my first post....lol...

I saw some other posts on here about push button starts and thought I would answer any questions if there was any on the system since I am using it.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:11 PM
zaperroni

what if the battery dies in your remote?

Also, do you lose the functionality of the ACC position of the key (engine off), with this?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:25 PM
1 MEAN Z

Originally Posted by zaperroni
what if the battery dies in your remote?

Also, do you lose the functionality of the ACC position of the key (engine off), with this?
If the battery dies in the remote you use the digital entry key system to disarm and unlock your doors you can then start your car with the push button start. The ST800 comes with a key cylinder cap so you can cover the factory ignition so if by chance the push button start system itself ever went out on you then you would just pop the cover off the ignition and use your factory key to start the vehicle. Same goes for the touch button start you can always go back to your factory keys if anything was to ever go out.

You do not lose any OEM features what so ever. If you push the start button with out your foot on the brake then the ACC comes on and the radio powers up . Then if you push the button a second time it is put in to the ON position the dash lights up and the gauges come on. The third time you push the engine start button everything shuts off. Just like using a key.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Colonel Sanders

forgive me for asking if the answer is found in the videos, but i can't load them from where i'm at.

where can i find more information about the ST800? i've done searches and the only thing i can turn up is this post and another post in a lexus forum that leads to a dead end.

is there another nomenclature that it might go by?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:01 AM
_ink

so there's no remote start then? From the FOB.

Last edited by _ink; 11-09-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Colonel Sanders

i found the website.

http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magent...ech-st800.html

they're all DW tech, i thought for some reason that the st800 "alibaba" was made by another company for some reason
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 AM
1 MEAN Z

Originally Posted by _ink
so there's no remote start then? From the FOB.
There is also remote start from the fob itself. You hold the remote start button down for 2 seconds and the remote start procedure will begin. It will then lock and activate the security system, if it is not already. You will then be the only person who can access the vehicle. With the proximity system you do not have to worry about anyone stealing the car.If you do not have the smart key fob that comes with the ST800 the vehicle will shut down if you were to brake in and try to operate the vehicle after remote start has been engaged.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:05 AM
1 MEAN Z

Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders
i found the website.

http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magent...ech-st800.html

they're all DW tech, i thought for some reason that the st800 "alibaba" was made by another company for some reason
Yes, you found the site. Auto-Innovatio.com is the only place to get these systems.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 AM
1 MEAN Z

forgive me for asking if the answer is found in the videos, but i can't load them from where i'm at.

where can i find more information about the ST800? i've done searches and the only thing i can turn up is this post and another post in a lexus forum that leads to a dead end.

is there another nomenclature that it might go by?
If you have any other questions about the systems, I can answer them for you...just let me know.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Colonel Sanders

how does the system bypass the steering wheel lock without using the key?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Can you post the directions on how to install it on a 350z? I am interested in doing this, but wanted to see how difficult of an install it is first before deciding to buy the system. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
1 MEAN Z

how does the system bypass the steering wheel lock without using the key?
These systems are just like remote start systems as I mentioned earlier.
Since most vehicles now days are equipped with immobilizer units that work off of RF signals you have to use a immobilizer bypass unit (all remote start systems that are installed on a immobilizer vehicle require this unit) What you do is you have to cut one of your factory chipped keys and install the chipped end into the immobilizer bypass unit which sends the RF signal to the factory immobilizer allowing you to start the car with out the keys in the ignition. You then hide the immobilizer bypass some where in you car while you are installing the system, you then run the antenna from the immobilizer bypass to the factory immobilizer RF unit which is located at the factory ignition cylinder. You would just wrap this antenna around the factory immobilizer unit and you are done.

Now for unlocking the steering wheel... You take the other end of your key (the one that is cut) and you put that in your ignition cylinder and turn it to the ACC position. This will allow the steering wheel to be unlocked when driving the vehicle. This in no way compromises the security of the vehicle since the key has got to have the chip attached in order to start the car. The only way the Immobilizer bypass while work and send the RF signal if you use the push button to start the car. You then cap off the ignition making it appear there is no ignition at all in the car.

I know there is going to be a lot of questions on this so let me answer some that I think may be asked strait from the start...

Q: what is someone breaks into my car? Can they start my car from the cut key?

A:NO,Even if you were to break into the car you can not start it, even if by chance the thief spent enough time in your car to take apart the ignition caver and find that there is a cut key in the ignition they can turn it all they want the vehicle will not start because it is missing the chipped end of the key.

Q: Will cutting my key and putting it in the ignition get the key stuck in the ignition? How will I ever get the key out if I need to use the factory ignition again?

A: No, the key can be cut with plenty enough key still sticking out to pull it back out if you ever had to go back to the factory ignition. Since the ST800 comes with a key cylinder cove no one will ever even know there is a factory key cylinder in the car.
Those are three big ones off the top of my head...If you have any others let me know.

Just so everyone knows I will say it again this is a completely safe system and will not compromise the safety of your vehicle at all. I was a fully certified custom car audio, security, automotive video installer for about 5 years and DEI factory trained and certified in automotive security systems. I installed these systems on my Z myself and I understand fully how these systems work and how safe they are. They are just as safe if not safe than any remote start security system on the market today from DEI.

Last edited by 1 MEAN Z; 01-24-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
akdnj88

Originally Posted by 1 MEAN Z
A: No, the key can be cut with plenty enough key still sticking out to pull it back out if you ever had to go back to the factory ignition. Since the ST800 comes with a key cylinder cove no one will ever even know there is a factory key cylinder in the car.
Those are three big ones off the top of my head...If you have any others let me know.
Are you sure? We all do now
Old 11-09-2010, 01:12 PM
draco10

Can the push button go in place of the actual ignition cylinder? Is the St800 a push or a touch button?

Last edited by draco10; 11-09-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Al Kapwned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So much rice, and an automatic to top it all off.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:50 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Man, I'd hate to have to troubleshoot something like this if it ever has a problem unlocking/starting the car. I'm fine with using a key, thank you.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:46 PM
1 MEAN Z

Originally Posted by dcains
Man, I'd hate to have to troubleshoot something like this if it ever has a problem unlocking/starting the car. I'm fine with using a key, thank you.
I understand your worry, I was very skeptical when I first ordered my touch system. Once I received it and saw the actual quality of the system itself all worries were gone. Then when I installed it and got to use the system, I can definitely say I would never want to go back to keys again.

It's actually very easy to go right back to using your factory key if anything ever stopped working. You just pop the cut key out of the ignition and use a uncut factory key to start youkr vehicle.

Quick Reply: ST800 Smart System: Keyless push button start, proximity sensing security System!