Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on installing nardi horn button

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 11:59 PM
hatchboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on installing nardi horn button

i have the nardi deep corn steering wheel, works bell rapfix II, and nardi horn button. while finishing the last part of finishing the installation which is the nardi horn button, it doesnt seem to fit into the center of the works bell. the horn button is a little too big and i actually tried to use a vice grip to squeeze the back part of the horn button to make it smaller so that i can force it into the works bell but it didnt work. i see a lot of people have the same setup installed in theirs Z and would appreciate any help on how they got the horn button to fit. thanks
Old 08-12-2015, 12:45 AM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

My nardi horn didnt fit my nrg hub either. What i did was order a tiny thin spacer which allow the horn to fit snugly.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:00 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchboi
i have the nardi deep corn steering wheel, works bell rapfix II, and nardi horn button. while finishing the last part of finishing the installation which is the nardi horn button, it doesnt seem to fit into the center of the works bell. the horn button is a little too big and i actually tried to use a vice grip to squeeze the back part of the horn button to make it smaller so that i can force it into the works bell but it didnt work. i see a lot of people have the same setup installed in theirs Z and would appreciate any help on how they got the horn button to fit. thanks
My personal horn button didn't fit my WB hub either. Just take a box cutter or sharp knife and trim down the tabs on the sides until you can force it in. You want a tight fit so it doesn't move around or fall out so just shave a little at a time until you can get it in.

Also make sure your button is working before you install it, you don't want to have to pull it all apart again.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:27 AM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Nardi horn is metal where personal is plastic.