Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

BASSANI - HR exhaust Dynos from Z-Car Garage

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:07 PM
hiz-n-herz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BASSANI - HR exhaust Dynos from Z-Car Garage

EDIT: Sound clips here:

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/350961-bassani-exhaust-sound-clip-hr.html#post5536916

OK Everyone,

Z-Car garage in San Jose is now a Bassani reseller and I was their first install and Dyno for the Bassani 350z exhaust. My car is a bone stock 07 6mt with 10k miles and not-so-lightweight 19" wheels (24 lbs?).

I just got it installed tonight so not much subjective, seat-of-the-pants feel - I had a passenger with me on the way home too . I'll report back in a few days with a subjective review.

But, we do have objective dynos before and after.

Let's set the stage first:
1. Rob and his guys KNOW what they are doing. PERIOD!
2. When testing the stock and Bassani exhaust they used the Nissan Consult computer to monitor the timing and coolant temps to keep the tests as even as possible
3. Runs: They don't do 10-12 dynos here to get the worst one before and the best one after. These are limited, controlled runs. They did a few runs to get the engine up to temp before starting with the stock dyno.
- RUN 4 is the first stock pull, done in 5th gear (which hits the speed limiter at 7200 rpms).
- RUN 5 is the next stock pull, done in 4th gear to run it up to 7500 RPMs.
- RUN 6 was attempted after the exhaust install (rob warmed up the engine on the streets ), but that run was discarded because the Tach wire sensor did not have a good connection and was cutting out
- RUN 7 was with the Bassani installed, in 5th gear
- RUN 8 was with the Bassani installed, in 4th gear

4. SOUND: OMG!!!! The most incredible, unbelievably sexy exhaust I have heard on the 350z - ever. You youngins would say "it's teh seks" . Definitely deeper and louder that stock, but not deep and muted like greddy. Ballsy! Driving with the windows down, it just sounds exotic. I had a hard time rolling the windows up and blocking that wonderful sound. Completely addicting!

5. DYNOS: These gains are much more in-line with what exhausts have been proven to make on a 350z, but this is definitely on the high-end for exhaust gains. I am not after peak numbers. Those are only good for dyno racing. I am looking for the deltas that represent more area under the WHOLE curve. This exhaust delivers strong gains in HP and Torque across the WHOLE power band. Sweet!

Also notice there are no weird peaks, dips, jumps, etc in the Dyno curves that might be factored into erroneous gains. These are real, legitimate gains.

4th gear before and after dynos (to get up to 7500 RPMs):

Name:  Bassani_HR_4th-gear.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  60.7 KB

5th gear before and after dynos (1:1 ratio, but hits speed limiter at 7200 RPMs)

Name:  Bassani_HR_5th_gear.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  66.5 KB

And just for fun, the dyno numbers from my 07 HR/Bassani combo against wife's 06 rev-up with Motordyne MREV2 lower collector and 5/16 spacer. NOTE her car was not dynod today. Her dyno is a few weeks old. The crew was nice enough to plot it against my new dyno numbers.

Name:  HR_vs_revup_20080326.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  60.7 KB

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 04-11-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:53 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice and thanks..
Those #'s seem more realistic.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:04 AM
savvy

Wasn't that last Bassani thread claiming 20+ torque to the wheels?? These numbers I completely believe. Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 04:08 AM
GodSendsDeath

how much also any pics or videos.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:13 AM
singh

Wow. And everybody was raving about this exhaust and its incredible gains.

Who cares, as long as it sounds good! Post up sound clips.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:27 AM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by GodSendsDeath
how much also any pics or videos.
Yep. I gotta find someone with a Hi-Fi DVR.

I have an older HiFi camcorder, but it's an analog hi-8 unit. it takes good quality picture and sound, but I don't have that type of an input on my computer so not sure how I'd digitize it.

Maybe it's time to go buy one
Old 03-27-2008, 05:42 AM
overmind22

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
OK Everyone,

Z-Car garage in San Jose is now a Bassani reseller and I was their first install and Dyno for the Bassani 350z exhaust. My car is a bone stock 07 6mt with 10k miles and not-so-lightweight 19" wheels (24 lbs?).

I just got it installed tonight so not much subjective, seat-of-the-pants feel - I had a passenger with me on the way home too . I'll report back in a few days with a subjective review.

But, we do have objective dynos before and after.

Let's set the stage first:
1. Rob and his guys KNOW what they are doing. PERIOD!
2. When testing the stock and Bassani exhaust they used the Nissan Consult computer to monitor the timing and coolant temps to keep the tests as even as possible
3. Runs: They don't do 10-12 dynos here to get the worst one before and the best one after. These are limited, controlled runs. They did a few runs to get the engine up to temp before starting with the stock dyno.
- RUN 4 is the first stock pull, done in 5th gear (which hits the speed limiter at 7200 rpms).
- RUN 5 is the next stock pull, done in 4th gear to run it up to 7500 RPMs.
- RUN 6 was attempted after the exhaust install (rob warmed up the engine on the streets ), but that run was discarded because the Tach wire sensor did not have a good connection and was cutting out
- RUN 7 was with the Bassani installed, in 5th gear
- RUN 8 was with the Bassani installed, in 4th gear

4. SOUND: OMG!!!! The most incredible, unbelievably sexy exhaust I have heard on the 350z - ever. You youngins would say "it's teh seks" . Definitely deeper and louder that stock, but not deep and muted like greddy. Ballsy! Driving with the windows down, it just sounds exotic. I had a hard time rolling the windows up and blocking that wonderful sound. Completely addicting!

5. DYNOS: These gains are much more in-line with what exhausts have been proven to make on a 350z, but this is definitely on the high-end for exhaust gains. I am not after peak numbers. Those are only good for dyno racing. I am looking for the deltas that represent more area under the WHOLE curve. This exhaust delivers strong gains in HP and Torque across the WHOLE power band. Sweet!

Also notice there are no weird peaks, dips, jumps, etc in the Dyno curves that might be factored into erroneous gains. These are real, legitimate gains.

4th gear before and after dynos (to get up to 7500 RPMs):

5th gear before and after dynos (1:1 ratio, but hits speed limiter at 7200 RPMs)

And just for fun, the dyno numbers from my 07 HR/Bassani combo against wife's 06 rev-up with Motordyne MREV2 lower collector and 5/16 spacer. NOTE her car was not dynod today. Her dyno is a few weeks old. The crew was nice enough to plot it against my new dyno numbers.

The guys at ZCargarage really know what they are doing, this dyno chart is real. Rob is a great guy to deal with and I'd highly recommend their work.

+1 for Rob@ZCarGarage
Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice!
I am astounded by how much more HP and TQ your car make compared to the wiff's 06' rev-up over 6kRPM. I'd like to see yours overlaid with Alvin's 06', as he made 250/230 with I/E... You need to give me a ride so I can convince myself to upgrade from our 04' ZR.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:48 AM
scottrocket

so, we are really looking at about ~7hp and 8lb-ft tq (peak gains)? thet's pretty far off from what they claimed lol...but your enthusiasm about how it sounds really has me excited to get it lol, that's the main point imo.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:03 AM
yusoslo

vids asap
Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
blasian

I had a feeling those initial numbers were way off... but its good that it has gains throughout most of the powerband
Old 03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Teufel
Banned

THANK YOU for posting......that really sux that the numbers are so far off.

The hunt for exhaust continues.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:44 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by opathal
THANK YOU for posting......that really sux that the numbers are so far off.

The hunt for exhaust continues.

You're welcome. Really though, this exhaust appears to be second only to stillen in PEAK gains, but the Bassani appears to have better numbers across the power-band, which is more important than peak numbers.

BTW, I have heard the stillen before and was NOT impressed with the sound (no offense Stillen guys). I was waiting for gains AND sound and I found it!

Seriously, if I had the decision to make again, I'd still take the Bassani exhaust.

I have not turned the radio on since getting it installed. It sounds that good! I'm hooked!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Teufel
Banned

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
You're welcome. Really though, this exhaust appears to be second only to stillen in PEAK gains, but the Bassani appears to have better numbers across the power-band, which is more important than peak numbers.

BTW, I have heard the stillen before and was NOT impressed with the sound (no offense Stillen guys). I was waiting for gains AND sound and I found it!

Seriously, if I had the decision to make again, I'd still take the Bassani exhaust.

I have not turned the radio on since getting it installed. It sounds that good! I'm hooked!

Thanks man.

I actually listened to it a few more times and tend to agree. It really does sound great. $1000 shipped is not a bad proposition.

What do you think it would sound like with HFC?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:41 PM
hiz-n-herz

Originally Posted by opathal
Thanks man.

I actually listened to it a few more times and tend to agree. It really does sound great. $1000 shipped is not a bad proposition.

What do you think it would sound like with HFC?

Believe me, any vids presently on the net do not do justice for this exhaust. It sounds way better in person.

Dunno about the HFCs. I think it might sound pretty raspy with HFCs.

But I might just have to find out in a month or so :-)
Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 AM
kenpo_350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice gains, how much different is that exhaust going to sound because its the newer engine?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:34 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder what kind of gains could be seen on an 06? Anyone see or done it yet?

C
Old 03-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Doba

subscribing - waiting on Video sound clip
Old 03-28-2008, 06:42 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doba
subscribing - waiting on Video sound clip
There is a Vid here

http://www.bassani.com/part/350Z5