Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Throttle issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Nate76s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle issues

Before anyone asks yes I have done extensive research on the issue and I haven't figured it out yet.

I have a 2004 G35 6MT. Basic intake and exhaust mods and an Uprev tune. Awhile back the battery ran dead as I hadn't driven the car in awhile and the battery was old. I replaced the battery, but began having issues with the throttle.

The car idled high and when the accelerator was depressed wouldn't maintain a steady rpm. Anytime it is pushed past 2000 rpms it would accelerate itself as if hunting from a vacuum leak. Oh and the kicker ... no codes. I have the Osiris and Cypher software to check these things. The following is the troubleshooting I have performed.

I performed all ECU resets and throttle relearns ... not fixed
I looked for vacuum leaks the old fashioned way with some starter fluid ... not fixed
I also replaced the throttle body and performed the resets and relearns again ... not fixed

I thought it could be the pedal sensor and am praying its not the ECU.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:29 PM
zcar78

You may want to keep trying the throttle body relearn. My car did that a while back and I had to do it 6 times before the idle dropped. It was running at 1400 and after the 6th attempt, went down to 750. Just so you know, I got the right response light, etc. every time I did the relearn and just kept doing it till it worked.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Nate76s

Thank you for your response. The car is working now. I'm not 100% on what finally fixed it. After I replaced the throttle body and did the resets it was still acting up. I took off the intake, checked the MAF, the filter, and then reassembled it. I then did the resets again and nothing ... I did the resets a few more times nothing. Then last Thursday I fired it up for a friend to show him what it was doing ... and somehow it started working fine. I am being careful with it for now and only taking short trips near my house just to be safe. I am guessing that either something was in the MAF or I inadvertently fixed a vacuum leak when I removed and then reinstalled the intake. Anyway I am just happy to have my car running correctly again.