Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

crashed my 350Z -.- now what

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:25 PM
myfirstzcar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may be "totaled", but if the suspension, sub frame, door gaps, and hatch are ok you'd be surprised at how easily it can be done.
The choice is yours though, either fix it and keep it or dump it and cut your losses.
It's not like the air bags are blown, and I'm sure it has minimal or no wiring issues.
The key is in getting it apart to see what you have.....that will also let a potential buyer know what they would have.

Last edited by myfirstzcar; 05-14-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:52 PM
andro_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
If you're serious about selling it on this board, you should take better pics of the ENTIRE Z and post them in a separate FS thread. List year, option package and any aftermarket parts to help your sale. Be realistic about what the selling price will be, as the damage has killed your resale value.
Yeah i want to do that but i cannot post in the marketplace yet so i might just make a few posts on craigslist/ebay and post their links here.

Again thanks everyone for your answers.. i'll soon post what i decided to do with the car
Old 05-14-2014, 08:11 PM
More Lotion

$4500?! That's extremely low!
That cave in on your rear quarter panel. I got rear ended and had a dent in mines (which wasn't nearly as bad as yours) and it costed me (issuance actually) nearly over $7k+.
As the rear quarter panel is welded.

But best of luck to you!

Last edited by More Lotion; 05-14-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:04 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

i got rear ended not near as bad as you, just had just a buckle in my quarter panel.... for that, bumper cover, support, tail light, turn signal, and paint was almost $4k

they were able to pull mine out, and with yours being that bad they will have to replace that panel, anytime you cut a factory weld the value of the car goes down drastically

this is mine with the buckle circled in red, and after i got it back
Attached Thumbnails crashed my 350Z -.- now what-wreck.jpg   crashed my 350Z -.- now what-wrecked-fixed.jpg  

Last edited by travlee; 05-15-2014 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Tenacious T

The peace of mind definitely outweighs the cost, I just don't get it..
Attached Thumbnails crashed my 350Z -.- now what-350zmemee.png  
Old 05-16-2014, 03:06 AM
More Lotion

Originally Posted by travlee9374
i got rear ended not near as bad as you, just had just a buckle in my quarter panel.... for that, bumper cover, support, tail light, turn signal, and paint was almost $4k

they were able to pull mine out, and with yours being that bad they will have to replace that panel, anytime you cut a factory weld the value of the car goes down drastically

this is mine with the buckle circled in red, and after i got it back
Ayee same buckle here too
Attached Thumbnails crashed my 350Z -.- now what-20130927_143337.jpg  
Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 AM
andro_350z

Hey guys just thought ill let you know what i did... a guy my dad knew said he can try to fix it for cheaper than the estimates about (1500 total with parts and all)so i went with it and although its shittier than expected.. its all i can afford right now and atleast ill get to keep my Z Maybe in the future ill replace the panel
Attached Thumbnails crashed my 350Z -.- now what-screenshot_2014-05-18-13-51-12.png   crashed my 350Z -.- now what-screenshot_2014-05-18-13-51-09.png   crashed my 350Z -.- now what-screenshot_2014-05-18-13-50-32.png  

Last edited by andro_350z; 05-18-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Glad you posted up the outcome, but wish you'd stop posting those shitty pics. Hard to tell how good or bad that repair is. If I were you, I'd start saving for full insurance on your Z and pray like hell you don't get hit on that same corner.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:03 AM
speedmon

Originally Posted by andro_350z
Hey guys just thought ill let you know what i did... a guy my dad knew said he can try to fix it for cheaper than the estimates about (1500 total with parts and all)so i went with it and although its shittier than expected.. its all i can afford right now and atleast ill get to keep my Z Maybe in the future ill replace the panel
Good for you.....I didn't think it looked that bad....I've seen worse and fixed fine.....Just metal and plastic.

If the impact broke that rear wheel (cuz you had the spare on) Make sure you check the rear suspension for cracks.

Gotta shop those body shops! If you don't they will rip you blind.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:02 PM
HR.R-CING

learn to drive before you kill yourself.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:26 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by dkmura
Glad you posted up the outcome, but wish you'd stop posting those shitty pics. Hard to tell how good or bad that repair is. If I were you, I'd start saving for full insurance on your Z and pray like hell you don't get hit on that same corner.
looks pretty bad to me, looks like the panel is still wavy
Old 05-19-2014, 11:42 AM
More Lotion

I say a "decent" job has been done, especially for the price. The panel is noticeably wavy and the paint looks well cheap. I hope you'll get it repaired properly in the future. But, it'll get by for now lol.
Also like others mentioned, check your suspension for damage.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:42 PM
dubbingt

I'd be pretty embarrassed to drive that. I hope you learned your lesson. Teens shouldn't get these cars if they cant handle driving them. Especially if you cant even afford it in the first place.

I can only imagine its going to take you a while to get it looking like it should. Makes the rest of us look bad and only contributes to bringing the Z down to the level of POS civics of the past. Such is life.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is why only 25 and older should drive a Z.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 PM
andro_350z

Yeah so thats it for now i guess, and sorry these are the only pics i had of the car and i didnt have time to post more. Anyways thanks for the useful replies and for all the douchebags who assumed i cant drive with no evident ( you werent there to see what happened) please keep your learn to drive comments to yourself, that's not what i posted this to get. Also for the ones that said Zs shouldnt be for anyone under 25 that is just some ******** coming probably from a 26 year old who always wanted a Z but could not get one until now so they concluded that Zs are only for "25 and older". I never understood why there are so many egoistic ***s in these forums
Old 05-23-2014, 02:49 AM
myfirstzcar

It's easy to be a tough guy on an internet forum. Most of the guys on certain forums tend to be shallow, egotistical, self centered little ****** who have little or no self esteem....Displaying that overgrown ego on the outside is how they convince themselves that they're real men.
Real men don't give a rat's azz about other people's opinions of them.

Congrats on getting your car fixed, even if it doesn't match. Working for it is more important than being under 25.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:12 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OH please, it's criticism. I've seen many younger people driving the 350z and they drive generally like douches.

Someone "cut him off", rather then hit that car he took action and spun out and hit a divider. Mind you he could have easily hit someone else. Driving experience and defensive driving can't be bought.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:14 AM
travlee
Master

Yeah so thats it for now i guess, and sorry these are the only pics i had of the car and i didnt have time to post more. Anyways thanks for the useful replies and for all the douchebags who assumed i cant drive with no evident ( you werent there to see what happened) please keep your learn to drive comments to yourself, that's not what i posted this to get. Also for the ones that said Zs shouldnt be for anyone under 25 that is just some ******** coming probably from a 26 year old who always wanted a Z but could not get one until now so they concluded that Zs are only for "25 and older". I never understood why there are so many egoistic ***s in these forums
learn how to drive you little whiny NJ douche
Old 05-23-2014, 05:32 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
This is why only 25 and older should drive a Z.
I got my Z at 20 and am now 25. I kind of agree with this statement. It of course really depends on the person, but I am a hard working individual that made every monthly payment as well as the insurance payments (full coverage). Working 3 jobs while being a full time student maybe matured me a little earlier.

With that being said, I am glad the Z was not my first car. If I got this car when I was 16, I would have probably wrapped it around a pole and most likely wouldn't be here. I made all my mistakes when I had my Civic and learned from them so by the time I got my Z I was passed all that immature nonsense.

Also, I could not understand how people have only liability on their Z. Then again at the prices the older models are available for I believe it. I would never have a car that is worth more than 5 grand just have liability. I have liability on my B13 but it is also a 1g beater.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:06 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Well that escalated quickly...

Quick Reply: crashed my 350Z -.- now what