Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

*HELP* Brake Light Connector (Passenger Side)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Mister Dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation *HELP* Brake Light Connector (Passenger Side)

Hey guys,

I recently returned from my deployment to find out that my passenger side brake light was broken and there was a little bit of water inside the actual housing. I since then have replaced the OEM style brake lights with some LED's. They look great, but there's a problem... My passenger side connector has a cable that is now completely loose from the connector. I'm sure this is due to some corrosion from the water. If I shove the cable back into the connector the tail light works just fine but the brake light fails to work when the brake pedal is engaged. My driver side and third brake light work just fine.

I have contacted the Nissan dealership in my local area and they have failed to provide me with a fix action and to be 100% honest with you, they seemed extremely confused when I was explaining the situation to them.

I've looked all over for a new connector so that I can splice the cables and replace the old one but I've had no luck. The only markings on the connector say "ICHIKOH" and directly below it says "N 3"

I have attached two pictures so that you can get a better understanding of what I'm talking about.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I hope I posted this in the correct sub.