Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Low oil pressure 2003 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:01 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Thank you
Originally Posted by zakmartin
On a 2007, oil pressure at idle should read 14 psi. At 2000 RPM, it should read 43 psi.

Thank you. Talked to dealer and they are going to check it out for me.

Here's the FSM link - go to page 7.

It's nice to see someone finally doing some actual diagnostic work for a change around here. I'm getting sick of people swapping parts "just because."
The following users liked this post:
zakmartin (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Alex Tappin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a 2007, oil pressure at idle should read 14 psi. At 2000 RPM, it should read 43 psi.

Here's the FSM link - go to page 7.

It's nice to see someone finally doing some actual diagnostic work for a change around here. I'm getting sick of people swapping parts "just because."
Thanks. I just ordered another pressure sending unit and hoping that's the culprit (broke my current one in the process or reinstalling lol). Yeah I will make sure to stay on this forum until I conclude whatever happened and stuff! Too many forums of the person with the problem never sharing the answer or just going away.
The following users liked this post:
zakmartin (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 02:38 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Thanks Alex. My feelings exactly. I'd offer to let you use my garage, but Portland to Seattle is a long way to drive on low oil pressure. I have a full diagnostics station (computers, dials, everything...) and about $60K invested in just about every tool you could imagine. I worked in a garage for a couple years, got sick of it and went to college. Now, 25 years later, I'm thinking about opening up a shop again. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Cars were easier to work on back in the 80's anyway.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Alex Tappin

Thanks Alex. My feelings exactly. I'd offer to let you use my garage, but Portland to Seattle is a long way to drive on low oil pressure. I have a full diagnostics station (computers, dials, everything...) and about $60K invested in just about every tool you could imagine. I worked in a garage for a couple years, got sick of it and went to college. Now, 25 years later, I'm thinking about opening up a shop again. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Cars were easier to work on back in the 80's anyway.
That'd be awesome haha currently I'm just working in my garage. But it sounds like you have the best place to work on a car haha

Yeah I have a buddy who's dad owns a few shops and he takes his car there all the time, I should ask to join lol

I'll keep everyone updated with what I find! Thanks
Old 09-04-2015, 03:55 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

If you can find a guy with a lift who'll let you use it for beer and doughnuts, then stock up on beer and doughnuts.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:36 PM
Alex Tappin

Originally Posted by Alex Tappin
Okay. For about 4 days I have been on every forum and every possible Google search on this.

I have a 2003 350z that is showing signs of low oil pressure! At warm idle, the car will drop to 0 pressure and the light will come on... I just replaced the oil pressure sending uinit (it was pegging my pressure at 120) and now it is showing low pressure at idle... I checked the dip stick, wiped it then put it back (all while the car was running) and upon pullin it out, it was still full of oil up and down the entire stick even tho my car gauge is saying 0 oil pressure and the light is on. I went to autozone and they said no codes were being thrown.... What gives??!

I had thought maybe I had the issue in the timing belt cover galley gasket but it is not throwing codes. I thought maybe the bearings were going out but I cut open my used oil filter (just changed oil) and there was absolutely no metal parts in there at all. I have yet to hook up a mechanical guage and check the pressure that way.... I guess this is my last hope (and hope that there is pressure)..

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Update: I hooked up a mechanical gauge and oil pressure is reading perfectly fine. Could 2 oil pressure sender's be faulty? Could there be some type of short in the wiring?
Bringing my thread back up so I don't start another...

This is still an issue to this day and it is something I want to figure out... I HAVE perfect oil pressure (hooked up mechanical gauge). There seems to be something wrong with the wiring or signal to the gauge. Any ideas/Info on what I should look into?