Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Innovate MTX1 Wideband (inaccurate readings)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 12:34 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Innovate MTX1 Wideband (inaccurate readings)

Good evening. I have a question pertaining to my Innovate MTX-1 wideband. I recently changed to being forced inducted, but previously i had my wideband on the Z NA and tuned and was working perfectly fine.

The AFR gauge works fine under idle, normal driving and half throttle and spirited driving. But during WOT it reads erratically, jumping from the correct AFR (11.1-11.3) verified by my stock widebands on Uprev Cipher data logging and full lean (22.9). I know i am running rich. Ive tried cleaning the O2sensor it came with MAF cleaner, rubbed the carbon buildup off of it with a dry rag, factory resets and swapping for a new O2 sensor, and it does the same thing. Any ideas why? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

Fixed the issue last night. I was running the same power line for my Vacuum/Boost gauge and Wideband from my battery with an electrical toggle switch, so the line was spliced and soldered. the line from the power wire to the Wideband red wire was only connected by one strand, the other strands in the wire were separated somehow and broke off. I redid the wiring and soldered everything again, and went for a test this am and worked accurately at open throttle with no jumping. Im assuming it wasnt getting enough voltage or had insufficient power but its working normally now.