Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

What's wrong with my MPG?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 04:11 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilazaurus
Thanks.
All these things were checked long ago. Tire pressure checked, filter - 2k km and checked for debris, maf was cleaned some time ago, plugs are as new as air filter. I checked for air leakage/vacuum leakage with carb cleaner. No change at idle at all.

Regarding flash. Do I send them physical ECU? If so it will cost a lot more than doing it locally
yes you send them the physical ECU and you list the mods you have on the car (intake, exhaust, HFC..etc). they will send u back the ECU and have a tune on it . since u are over seas then it might be a few weeks or month before you can get it back. your car would be without and ECU for a while. but that tune might help you on fuel efficiency but also on power.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:38 AM
Bilazaurus

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just a note. I don't want to sound like cheapskate because I know that performance cars use a lot of gas and thats understandable for me. My point is, I don't want to have lower MPG than it should be.

Regarding ECU shipping, I don't see much point but thanks anyway. Flashing generic program with 500$ pricetag (300$ flash and I assume 200$ for shipment) is way too much considering I can do it locally for 600$.