Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo Kit falling apart

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 09:46 AM
DeusExMaxima

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 67ZNISMO
Did you have any issues attaching the Nismo extensions with your stock skirts or was it a straight bolt on? Any additional drilling required? I'm gonna be installing a used set to my stock sides and didn't get a chance to look at both side by side yet. I noticed the stock skirts have that squarish indent towards the rear
I had to drill 9 holes in order to have the top of the Nismo extension bolt to the side skirt. The hardest part was machining my own bolts. If you buy the bolts from the stealership and wait for them to be shipped to you, that will ease the amount of work that needs to be done. I drilled the holes by first mounting the end bolts and marking and drilling those holes. Then I mounted the center bolt and marked and drilled that hole and so on until all the holes were drilled.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:11 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Can it be repaired if the tabs have snapped?. My sides are good condition but the tabs cracked causing it to pull away. I tried 3m. Lasted for a few months but my jack pushed on it underneath and pulled tape away
Old 06-20-2015, 04:42 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

couple months late to the party, and it sounds like you don't know how to jack your car up

Originally Posted by nizmo_0385
Can it be repaired if the tabs have snapped?. My sides are good condition but the tabs cracked causing it to pull away. I tried 3m. Lasted for a few months but my jack pushed on it underneath and pulled tape away

Last edited by travlee; 06-20-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:05 PM
reeq2jz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you pm me the pictures? it’s not letting me open them.

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Here are some pics:

Inside the Nismo extension

I have one bolt slid into the bolt holder. The others are empty but they normally have bolts slid in them

Here is the underneath of the extension and the sideskirt. On the right are the holes that hold the sideskirt to the car. On the left are the bolts that hold the Nismo skirt extension to the sideskirt.

Here is the inside of the sideskirt with Nismo skirt attached.
See the white pins on the right? Those release by pulling on the top of the skirt. You can see the Nismo bolts in the middle of the side skirt which hold the Nismo extension to the side skirt
Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Reason for rant... see above.

I usually keep stuff to myself considering the objectivity that an independent consultant should possess... But.....

Photobucket, you are an unscrupulous and unconscionable, money grubbing piece of sh*t company. I understand the tweaking of your business model from giving it away for free to a paid model. But your method of doing so leaves a lot to be desired.

Hope your new business model of screwing over all of your users AND all of the sites that have depended on your cooperation over the years works out juuuuust swell for you. Couldn't do the right thing and at least let people know how you were going to f**k them over before doing so, could you??

Hope you all like the unemployment lines because you just sealed your own fate.

Last edited by MicVelo; 07-06-2017 at 11:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KingBaby (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 09:06 AM
reeq2jz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i mean, at least, keep the old stuff accessible and whoever wants to keep using it from this point on, ask for money sure. but there are literally thousands of valuable and knowledgebale photos that are now omited, unless you pay the $400/year subscription(?).

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Reason for rant... see above.

I usually keep stuff to myself considering the objectivity that an independent consultant should possess... But.....

Photobucket, you are an unscrupulous and unconscionable, money grubbing piece of sh*t company. I understand the tweaking of your business model from giving it away for free to a paid model. But your method of doing so leaves a lot to be desired.

Hope your new business model of screwing over all of your users AND all of the sites that have depended on your cooperation over the years works out juuuuust swell for you. Couldn't do the right thing and at least let people know how you were going to f**k them over before doing so, could you??

Hope you all like the unemployment lines because you just sealed your own fate.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:14 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

it's 100 buck they want

It's the heat out here on the west coast with the colder night....it's oven/freezer like and I'm sure your car is keep outside ?

My new nismo has thousands of stressed and cracked parts and even broken as you post!

I will be fixed to the best of my ability as an adhesive on the back side of the side skirt should hold fine once prep.

and **** ******* photobucket and the Diaz bothers
Old 07-26-2017, 10:08 AM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Sorry to say, but if you cracked that NISMO urethane sideskirt, you caused some serious damage to it. If the mounting bolts are popping out, they may have been dislodged by the bump or jump you took. The anchor points may also be damaged or split to the point they no longer function.
Agreed with everything above. If this has happened so side skirts have been in hell. I don't know if the previous owner had it dropped to the ground with half inch ground clearance and the middle of the car kept banging the ground pulling in and out of parking lots. Usually that's how stuff like this happens. I saw a video yesterday where a dropped car was bottomed out and stuck right in the middle of the car. They were about to pull out of a driveway is where the driveway and road connected with a little hump. Instead of jacking one end of car up and pushing it while on a jack to get it off the hump they just gassed it while turning the wheel and someone pushing on the quarter panel at the same time. So half the cars weight was slammed and dragged hitting that and the side skirts etc. What people do to cars is like animal cruelty to a machine.

Don't ignore the issue, address it. New fasteners and in new locations if need be. You don't have to use factory stuff that can't be found or priced at $8 a screw. Pull the side skirts off the car, it's simple unless they were molded in by the PO. Examine what's damaged or ghetto rigged and go to home Depot and lowes