Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

My Experience With Autoplicity.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 04:03 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts
Thumbs down My Experience With Autoplicity.com

So I was shopping for some StopTech rotors and of course I was looking for a decent price. I decided to try Autoplicity.com after reading some good and bad reviews (more good than bad). I received an email 2 days later stating they wouldn't be shipped for 3 weeks! I quickly replied to cancel the order as that was an unacceptable time frame; no reply. I then called them within the 1-2 days following the email to confirm the cancellation. The agent on the phone told me the order was to be cancelled for a refund and shortly after our conversation I received a follow-up email stating the same. Great.

Two weeks go by and no refund so I filed a dispute with PayPal to get the ball rolling on a refund (and get their attention). The next day I get an email that the parts have shipped (from a large auto parts distributor Motovicity). I quickly replied to that email that the order was supposed to be cancelled and the package will be refused, furthermore, to direct any future correspondence to PayPal. I was then told they could not cancel the order as the parts were being sent from the manufacturer...yeah, whatever.

All in all, it took almost 1 month to finally get my money back by winning the dispute via PayPal when all Autoplicity needed to do was click "Issue Refund" the day I called. Drop shippers at their finest

I also wrote a review on their page but something tells me that will never be seen.

To wrap it up, I ordered the same parts from Rock Auto and had them within 3 days...and cheaper. Lesson learned.

Last edited by AdvanZ33; 04-06-2016 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:52 PM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

It's crazy to think that even after doing your due diligence and checking into the company before ordering from them, something like that can happen.

Sucks that it happened, but it's a good example of what to do in case someone else finds themselves in a similar situation; especially with cost of used Z's now and amount of people who are new to the hobby.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,263 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Being a long time sales type, I used to instruct my teams thusly:

"If you give good customer service, your customer will tell 3-4 people. If you give BAD customer service, your customer will tell 20 people".

And it's even MORE true today when all it takes is one hipster f*ck with the Yelp app on his/her phone.

But yeah, I don't understand why companies don't get the concept of "the customer's always right" (even when they're being d**ks about something they're clearly wrong about.)

Thanks for sharing, Eddie, no biz from me for sure!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:17 PM
nizmo_0385

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks for honest review. I too had a negative experience with them ordering ebc yellowstuff pads
Old 04-06-2016, 04:40 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:53 AM
musubi

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing and the heads-up. Glad you had PayPal to dispute and assist you. Can't blame yourself for trying. I use Rock Auto and have great shipping and service from them.

Side story: I ordered from Rock Auto a pair of headlights for a truck. One side was hazy looking. Emailed them with pics the issue. They shipped out another headlight same day I wrote the email, with no return needed of the faulty one.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:50 AM
Richard Calhoun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you never have to call them 1 hr 40 min on hold and they disconnected me! I was calling about credit card fraud! Never use them!
Old 12-13-2019, 01:16 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,059 Likes on 6,523 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Calhoun
Hope you never have to call them 1 hr 40 min on hold and they disconnected me! I was calling about credit card fraud! Never use them!
3.5 years later........cool story