Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

It's a girl !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
nismolife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrAurora
Oh man, I do not envy you - the wait is AWFUL ! I assure you though, It is worth it. And the only thing worse than the wait is the break in period ... haha
What I did was set that annoying shift light to 3000 rpm's as a constant reminder to be a good boy. Some people say you dont have to break motors in anymore but if you read the manual, it tells you to. I would suggest listening because if god forbid something happened, I'm sure they would void the warranty.

Also just a reminder - make sure to tell the dealer not to put any stickers on it ! They are great for that.

Anyhow, good luck and post some pics when you get it !
The worst they'll do is give me a plastic license plate frame that I just take off day one. I also made sure that they won't drill holes in the front for the plate. From this thread, I know to check that the dealer removes those spring spacers - easy to miss!

Break in is a tough one. I usually go for some long drives in the countryside & try to keep the revs down (nearly impossible). Bringing the wife along helps - its like a speed limiter that pounds you on the shoulder if you get into it too much...

My '07 350z Enthusiast (Red) is going up on Craigslist today too!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
MrAurora

Originally Posted by nismolife
The worst they'll do is give me a plastic license plate frame that I just take off day one. I also made sure that they won't drill holes in the front for the plate. From this thread, I know to check that the dealer removes those spring spacers - easy to miss!

Break in is a tough one. I usually go for some long drives in the countryside & try to keep the revs down (nearly impossible). Bringing the wife along helps - its like a speed limiter that pounds you on the shoulder if you get into it too much...

My '07 350z Enthusiast (Red) is going up on Craigslist today too!
maybe we can run a 2 for 1 special and throw my 03 performance in... haha.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Rommy

I've got to admit, the Nismo Z (especially in white) looks pretty damn good. A little bit ricey on the wing, but the whole thing reminds me of a Porsche GT3 RS.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 PM
nismolife

Originally Posted by Rommy
I've got to admit, the Nismo Z (especially in white) looks pretty damn good. A little bit ricey on the wing, but the whole thing reminds me of a Porsche GT3 RS.
Yeah, rice is kinda like that. The more you stare at it, the less ricey you think it is... then one day boom! Rice!

I loved the Nismo's look as soon as I saw it though. I went with the Nismo because I really wanted that modded look, but knew I just wouldn't take the time to order & install all the body kit pieces. Also, I'm never sure if the brand of kit is going to be high quality, fit right, color match perfectly, etc.

Add to that the time to order & install the exhaust. Then get a tune to optimize the new exhaust pieces - except no one has a tune for the 370 yet, unless you send in your ecu to technosquare (anyone else?). Then order a set of Ray's forged wheels - if you really like the look of these wheels, how else do you get a set of those?

The unique interior is actually kind of cool too - it sets the car apart and adds to the cool factor IMHO.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
nissansource

damn these are growing on me greatly
Old 10-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Brandon26pdx

White Nismo 370 is totally outrageous.