Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Killed an S2000 today in Fasinon Island - Newport Beach

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 01:08 PM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed an S2000 today in Fasinon Island - Newport Beach

I am driving back from the famed "Fasion Island" where all the wives of the rich and fine *** girls looking for rich guys hang out and shop. I did notice some MAJOR fine booties, but that's another story.

So I'm on my way back to work, and I see this black S2000 behind a couple cars. At first, he stays behind me, and I kept my eye on him on my rearview to see if he'll try to catch up to me. Of course he can't resist the temptation, and is catching up to me. I let it get next to me, and I look over. It's a SHE! And a pretty attractive Asian female! Of course she's got a dude sitting next to her, but hell, I don't care. I smile at her, and she doesn't even flinch! WHATEVER!

So we stop at a light, and the dude in her car is looking over and smiling. I think he was happier to be in this scenerio than her, because she didn't seem like she wanted a run. I think he was urging her on though, because she started to rev up a bit. So the light turns green and we take off. The S2000 did a launch, but I don't think it was very high on the RPMs and she probably doesn't know how to do it correctly. I don't even launch, just go into first casually and slam into it. She got the initial jump on me, but I had caught up by time time I hit 6,000 rpm or so. I shift to second, but she goes a bit past me by a foot or 2 probably due to the VTEC or my lameass shifting. Now I'm in second, and I'm caught up to her, neck to neck. Of course I start pulling away, and she shuts it off by the time I am about 4 feet in front of her.

Yea yea yea, it was a girl driving, but I've seen some SICK *** DRIVING SKILLS by girls. This girl, however, didn't have those skills. Still, it was fun for me!

My 2nd S2000 kill so far, and third total including an Audi S4.

The only car I lost to was a Greddy turbo'd Supra.

Last edited by BullishZ; 12-13-2002 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:21 PM
negcamber

Nice kill! Have you chipped the S4 yet? Those things are just plain sick when chipped.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:24 PM
Zmeflyby

damn those azn girl racers wid skillz lol
Old 12-13-2002, 01:38 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by negcamber
Nice kill! Have you chipped the S4 yet? Those things are just plain sick when chipped.
Sorry, I edited my original post. I don't have an S4. I killed one though, and that was the message I was trying to convey.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:06 PM
rai

doesn't sound like a "real" race. You weren't launching and she couldn't drive. Sounds like you wanted it more though.

BTW are we getting a "kill" section or street encounter's section??
Old 12-22-2002, 05:31 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by honda troll
Race is a race even if one can't drive and the other doesn't launch. lol. hehe, I've seen odder situations too. Like me racing an LT1 SS camaro from 45mph on a 6th gear roll.

What can I say, we were bored!

Nice kill and good story.
Well said!

I thought I was in for another classic "trolling" of my race... but I must say that I am surprised of your maturity. Nice!
Old 12-28-2002, 01:16 AM
timzerofive

"famed fashion island" ??? Fine girls hang out there????? Really???? That place suck **** IMO haha. You do see a lot of nice *** cars on Jamboree though. I guess I'm spoiled living at Irvine. Cute girls, fast cars everywhere. So many test facilities around here, I remember seeing Lexus IS300, the Modena 360, and the the new Lambo on streets of Irvine all before they were released in the market.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by timzerofive
"famed fashion island" ??? Fine girls hang out there????? Really???? That place suck **** IMO haha. You do see a lot of nice *** cars on Jamboree though. I guess I'm spoiled living at Irvine. Cute girls, fast cars everywhere. So many test facilities around here, I remember seeing Lexus IS300, the Modena 360, and the the new Lambo on streets of Irvine all before they were released in the market.

hey i got a question about ur car.
i see u have a t3/4 , so how fast do u run in a 1/4?
im interested.
peayce
Old 12-28-2002, 02:08 PM
timzerofive

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
hey i got a question about ur car.
i see u have a t3/4 , so how fast do u run in a 1/4?
im interested.
peayce
Sorry about the long sig, I keep forget to click it off. The car's still in Road Race Engineering getting fine tuned, so I haven't run the car yet. The car's projected to have 220 at the wheel with 7 pounds of boost. I'm running a lower boost because I need it to be a daily driver.

But there are a few other people that have very similar setup as my thats running 7-12 psi. The stock 1/4 mile time on the GS is at about mid 16's, with 7 psi, they ran about mid 14's, with the 12 psi, I think the guy said something about 260hp at the wheel with mid to low 13's.

Another guy with the 4cyl had stock internals and ran such a high boost he got into the 12's but blew the engine. I'll probably get lower compression forged pistons a little later on so I can turn up the boost and get about 300 at the wheel. But of course I'll need to add LSD or else I'll just be spinning my wheels thru 3 gears.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Zmeflyby

thats a very scary car u got there
Old 12-28-2002, 03:52 PM
timzerofive

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
thats a very scary car u got there
ya ya I know its nothing compared to a 350Z
I wouldn't mind trading it in to get a base model Z, actually I wouldn't mind selling it to get the Z twin turbo.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:10 AM
wadd3456

I used to be a HUGE DSM fan untill all my friends cars blew up. Then i sold my own

Seems those 420a's dont like boost as much as they are praised for. In fact, we had a 100% failure rate with that engine under aftermarket boost. Shoot, even 2 of my buddies running lower compression and built blocks blew them up. The other folks either fried a cylinder or snapped axles or blew a tranny. Build one thing, another breaks. Its inevidable. Armond over at 2gnt can run 30ish on his 420a but its not possible to get it to the ground. Just snaps his aftermarket axles like twigs.

I know your thinking "it must be the driver." Id agree, but it happened to prolly 15-20 guys. Most guys loose it after 10psi. My buddy mark is currently running 22+ on his fully built Avenger (with 420a). Even at 15psi or so, they really arent that fast. Seems traction is a big issue. He wants to race the Z...... and at 22psi w/traction, he could prolly rape the ground i walk on.

PS- he is on his 3rd engine.

Last edited by wadd3456; 12-29-2002 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:03 PM
timzerofive

Ya, the 4G64 motor on our new 4cy eclipse was dubbed untunable and hopeless. But I think it is too soon to tell since the car's only been out for 3 years and really not that many people have been working on it. On the 3G forum, there were a lot of blown **** but they were all due to human factors. On the 6cyl, I was told motor mysteriously blew up when no knock or anything was evident.

I gotta tell you though, I just got my car back last night. It is still on only 5lb of boost until some small software glitch with AEM EMS can be worked out. And this thing was meant to be turboed. The car drove like a dream. And we had one guy on the 3G forum that had his car running under 12 psi with just forged piston for over a year now and the only problem he had was getting it stolen.