Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 06:23 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default proper ZAINO application- written by Kevin Overall

for more information visit www.zainobros.com
for ordering www.zainostore.com

1. Wash and dry the car, use Dawn as the soap if you have waxed or polished the car before, you can use Z-7 car wash if you are sure you have only bare paint currently, the paint should squeak under your fingers after you have stripped it and dried it.

2. If you want to clay bar it, take your Z-18 clay bar, I like to use 1/2 of 1 of the 2 bars. Mix up your clay solution using 1/2 cap full of Z-7 into 16 to 20 ounces of water, work one foot sections, spray and using a pan cake shaped clay bar with two fingers pressure slide the clay over the paint after lubing it, it may not slide so easy at first and drag a little, this is good, this is the clay bar removing the paint contamination. When done with an area, you can give it a quick wipe with your towel to prevent water spotting. Always clay on a completely cool surface out of the sun.

3. After clay entire car, it is best to rewash with Z-7 to completely remove all clay lube.

4. Mix the ZFX either into Z-5 or Z-2 depending on which one you are using. If you have BOTH Z-2 and Z-5, ALWAYS use Z-5 FIRST for the first few coats and then go with the Z-2.

5. Apply ZFX activated Zaino polish the entire car, all over using back and forth motions. Apply thin and EVEN. 1/2 to 3/4 of an ounce is plenty for a Z car. On the first coat the paint will take more polish so you might use a tad more polish on the first coat and less and less on the coats after the first one. Take the Zaino applictor and slightly dampen it with either water or Z-6 to make the polish slide more.

6. Wait for the polish to dry, should be dry in less than 30 min to an hour if the temp outside is above 60 or 70, might be longer if cold or damp outside or if you are a newbie and put too much on the paint the first time. From 10 feet away, you should just barely be able to tell that there is any polish on the surface.

7. Take your DF towel, cotton towel, or other micro fiber towel and buff off the Zaino residue

8. Gently mist the Z-6 on one foot sections and wipe until dry for a high 3D gloss.

9. You can repeat 5 thru 7 up to 3 times in one day, unlimited use of Z-6.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
ladyzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely written up.

I must add that if your claybar is leaving residue on the paint, you're not using enough lubricity. Use LOTS of spray detailer (lubrication spray, quick shine, etc) and make sure to wear nitrile gloves. Claybar picks up anything, including crap on your hands.

EDIT
Holy **** realized it was 2003 when it was written. Who am I talking to?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just page Dr.Bonz... He free bases Zaino
Old 05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
fart_canon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ares]for more information visit www.zainobros.com

8. Gently mist the Z-6 on one foot sections and wipe until dry for a high 3D gloss.

QUOTE]

ok - I'd like to know when you say "wipe" until dry what is the difference because on the Zaino web site it suggest that you apply then "buff"

thanks in advance!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:33 AM
SpecC

[QUOTE=fart_canon]
Originally Posted by ares
for more information visit www.zainobros.com

QUOTE]

ok - I'd like to know when you say "wipe" until dry what is the difference because on the Zaino web site it suggest that you apply then "buff"

thanks in advance!
For the most part in the detailing world, wipe off = buff off
Old 08-04-2008, 01:45 PM
redzzand

can all this be done by hand or it must be buffed off?? I just bought a bunch of their products but i dont have a buffer...
Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can buff out...i think ill zaino my z this weekend. thanks for inspiring me
Old 02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The beauty of Zaino is that you don't need a machine, in fact it's made to be done by hand. "buffing it out" is not in the same context as a thick wax or polish that you might be used to. When you see how little of the product you need to put on, you'll realize how easy it will wipe off or "buff" off by hand.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM
matix101vz

i LOVE zaino .. works WONDERSSS
Old 08-09-2015, 02:32 PM
cincysilvias14

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

absolutely love the zaino i get the z-2 and z-5 mixed up all the time. the negaro red is hard to see if its dried or not (but generally set timers for 30 min intervals) have you tried using it to fix swirl marks in your paint by chance? or do i need to hit it with mcguiars compound and buff it?