Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

GT Motorsports:350ZHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit STG 1,GTM HR ECU FLASH, Stock Block Testing

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
r.evlineD_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
The total price for a turn key system installed, Including baseline dyno before and after, minimum 500 whp on 91 oct is $10525.46

sam
Sam,

Any respectable tuners you would recommend in the East Coast area (New York)? The closest I know of is PF w/ Greddy which is in Florida. I am more interested with this kit.

Stage 1 turn-key with GTM downpipe and Uprev tuning and HKS Boost Controller, am I looking at around ~15k?

Please PM with any info you might have.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Germanguy
any idea how much the turbo kit weights?

Alex.
150 pound with the down pipes .

SAM
Old 01-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by r.evlineD_Z
Sam,

Any respectable tuners you would recommend in the East Coast area (New York)? The closest I know of is PF w/ Greddy which is in Florida. I am more interested with this kit.

Stage 1 turn-key with GTM downpipe and Uprev tuning and HKS Boost Controller, am I looking at around ~15k?

Please PM with any info you might have.

Thanks
Pm sent

sam
Old 01-20-2009, 10:06 AM
zcar_dad

The total price for a turn key system installed, Including baseline dyno before and after, minimum 500 whp on 91 oct is $10525.46

sam
Very interested, if the system will work with my auto trans.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zcar_dad
Very interested, if the system will work with my auto trans.
We would recommend a valve body upgrade at the very least, and maybe a lower power level around 450rwhp.

If you still want a 500rwhp, a Stage 2 or 3 transmission would be recommend.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 01-21-2009, 09:00 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

damn im really late to this thread. its nice to see another white roadster with power
Old 01-22-2009, 04:19 AM
A.H

Originally Posted by George@GTM
We would recommend a valve body upgrade at the very least, and maybe a lower power level around 450rwhp.

If you still want a 500rwhp, a Stage 2 or 3 transmission would be recommend.

-George
GT Motorsports
I already have the valvebody upgrade installed by Sam Do you think if i just got the GTM torque converter upgrade in addition to my valvebody I would be safe with 500whp and no stage 3 transmission upgrade(coudnl't find the stage 2 on your website so don't knwo price or what's included)??? How far do you think I could do on my high boost map? Also how much extra is it for the torque converter installed?

Another question and it might sound noobish but I am just trying to gather information. This is concerning the ECU tuning for the twins. I know you guys are using Uprev so how exactly will this work? Does this mean I can have 5 maps all on diffenret boost levels/octane levels and maybe one for valet mode controlled via cruise contorl button??? IF this is possible does that mean I do not need a boost controller?

Last question would be if I wanted to do a swap from auto to manuel could you guys do a discount cause it's really really expensive lol. Thx for your time and lmk Pm me if you can not post some info

Last edited by A.H; 01-22-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:31 AM
Germanguy

we need a driveby clip!!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 PM
hellsoldiers08

Man thumbs up for Nissan on the HR. Sense the HR can handle up to the numbers you guys posted on the stock block, how would the reliability be on everyday driving and would you recommend any upgrades to anything to make it a more of a reliable 600hp car?
Old 02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
turbocad6

ok, I've got a question, is this setup still using the 2 maf sensors? do they top out at a certain cfm? is speed density an option with the stock ecu?

also, while I'm asking questions, I'm assuming this comes with the uprev cipher? does it come with the tuner version or can it be upgraded to it? this kit looks badass, considering it for my hr swap...

last question, what's the difference between the z kit & the g kit?, I see a $500 difference, is it plumbing or?. I'm looking to fit this in an fx...
Old 02-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by turbocad6
ok, I've got a question, is this setup still using the 2 maf sensors? do they top out at a certain cfm? is speed density an option with the stock ecu?

also, while I'm asking questions, I'm assuming this comes with the uprev cipher? does it come with the tuner version or can it be upgraded to it? this kit looks badass, considering it for my hr swap...

last question, what's the difference between the z kit & the g kit?, I see a $500 difference, is it plumbing or?. I'm looking to fit this in an fx...
We made close to 600 whp on stock mafs, Speed density is not an option since it does not exists on the car and beside that nothing beats maf tuning when you have full control over the ecu ... which we do .

you cloud buy the turn key kit and up grade the software so you can do all the tuning your self, you will have all the tools that i used to tune this car .

The G35 kit requires more hardware so it is more expensive .

Hope I answered all question .

Sam
Old 02-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

I wish I had done the GTM turnkey...
Old 02-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
I wish I had done the GTM turnkey...
It is never too late .

Sam
Old 02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

It is never too late .

Sam
It is for me.... Your turnkey price has already been spent on the APS POS... Now its under massive r&d....

So much time wasted... I wish we could turn back time for real!!

Last edited by Jay'Z; 02-15-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:50 PM
turbocad6

this will also fit a g35x awd drivetrain, right? I'd like to find out what hardware is different between these 2 fitments to try & figure out which kit would be better to start with for me,

I know I will need to alter pipework for the intercooler anyway, is the only hardware difference in the plumbing? is there any other difference in these 2 fitments, I think the z has the oil filter on the side while the HR motor I have from the g has it in the front, I'm thinking I'd be better off starting with the z kit since I will have to alter anyway, but do you think the g kit would be an advantage since I'm starting with a g35x drivetrain? no matter what my rad support will be different from either fitment.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:12 PM
CarbonZ08

I really want this kit. Really good price. I might have to take a trip over there in a few months.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Peak350

I was thinking about the tuning for this the other day and had a question pop in my head that the 59 pictures on your site didn't answer for me.

Where are the mafs, are they draw through or blow through? My initial thought was that with the BOV they would be just past the BOV or you would have had to recirculate to get the car to run correctly, but I don't see them there and you don't recirculate.

If I had the money this would be shipping to me tomorrow, sooner or later....one day.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 AM
fstrnldr

you can see the mafs in several of the pics on the first page ... they just didn't use the stock housings, only the sensor itself.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:50 AM
turbocad6

ok, just want to reduce my question to one simple one, does this fit the g35x awd? thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 02:07 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by NETSHARK
Nice Work Guys !! Who said GReddy Tuner is any better than GTM am sorry George for what i said before about ur kit WOW seems to be the Best Bang for the Buck all of this with Just Stage 1 what if i jumped to stage 4 !!! damn i`ll be well over 1000 !!

But the VHR got a good thing over the HR which is the MAP Sensor so with a Reflash it will be a soild Tune a fuel Density from the Factory ECU WOW thats the deal no more standalones do you think it can be done ?
MAP sensors have nothing to do with tuning a Forced Induction vehicle any longer. MAF sensors are far more accurate at gauging air volume and density. MAP is only useable for boost control, so on the cars that don't have boost from the factory you'll still need to use an external boost controller like the Greddy or HKS unit.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports:350ZHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit STG 1,GTM HR ECU FLASH, Stock Block Testing