FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time for dyno!

Current mods -
Custom Sri (stock maf)
Port and polished lower plenum similar to mrev2
5/16" spacer
Port and polished upper Z1 plenum
EBay catback purchase in good condition from another member here.
May get invidia test pipes installed pre dyno but don't se it happening.

What's everyone's guess/ bet? 06 DE non rev 5AT
I'm putting my money on 256 hp. Trying to be optimistic and leave room for a surprise

Also this is all on stock tune. I want to see what the difference in power will be with no tune vs tune.

Dyno is this Saturday on a dynojet
Old 02-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Xboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting for results
Old 02-09-2015, 11:11 PM
FOOKhonda

I think it will be pretty interesting since everyone say the mrev2 paired with spacer on de will result in lower power. Although I haven't heard of them p&p the upper plenum as well.

My next step will be bigger injectors and tune, I think with the bigger injectors I would see more power than someone with same setup but with only spacer or mrev2. Although that is just an assumption of more air needs more fuel. But I could be wrong.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:53 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My numbers are in my sig, same car basically, some different mods.
They used a Dyno Dynamics for mine - which I believe tends to read 10% lower than other dynos.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:54 AM
RyankPeck

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Interested in the results also
Old 02-10-2015, 08:03 AM
kbailey91

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-10-2015, 02:13 PM
FOOKhonda

Jerz350 -
I can't see sigs on mobile, what are your numbers and mods?

Also the member I purchased the plenum setup w/ spacer from dynod 276whp with other similiar mods and maybe some more stuff he has a de non rev as well.

So hopefully ill get closer to that mark than the 250-255 mark that I believe I will fall into.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:21 PM
RENFRO

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
Jerz350 -

Also the member I purchased the plenum setup w/ spacer from dynod 276whp with other similiar mods and maybe some more stuff he has a de non rev as well.

So hopefully ill get closer to that mark than the 250-255 mark that I believe I will fall into.
I made that 276 number with momentum headers and a tomei single exhaust when matched with that plenum combo. I was closer to about 265 when matched with a momentum dual exhaust, motordyne xyz w/resonator, and z1 test pipes.

I think you should land in the mid 250s, but most of your potential gain is tied up in the factory cats. Test pipes would be most beneficial before you decide to dyno tune the car.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:59 PM
FOOKhonda

I really want to get the test pipes in but I don't think ill be able to before the dyno. But I will for sure have them in before I get a tune. But at least then I will see my gains due to test pipes and tune.

I think my biggest problem will be it running a bit lean due to the plenum. I feel a tune will yield me nice gains.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really want to get the test pipes in but I don't think ill be able to before the dyno. But I will for sure have them in before I get a tune. But at least then I will see my gains due to test pipes and tune.

I think my biggest problem will be it running a bit lean due to the plenum. I feel a tune will yield me nice gains.
For sure. Make sure you get the test pipes before a tune. Those factory cats are one of the most restrictive parts.

Originally Posted by RENFRO
I made that 276 number with momentum headers and a tomei single exhaust when matched with that plenum combo. I was closer to about 265 when matched with a momentum dual exhaust, motordyne xyz w/resonator, and z1 test pipes.

I think you should land in the mid 250s, but most of your potential gain is tied up in the factory cats. Test pipes would be most beneficial before you decide to dyno tune the car.
Renfro, I'm currently with a similar setup like you minus the headers. 276 is pretty darn good. Is that your current setup? Momentum headers, TPs, Tomei full single, and plenum?
Old 02-10-2015, 08:52 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by drvqz33
For sure. Make sure you get the test pipes before a tune. Those factory cats are one of the most restrictive parts.

Renfro, I'm currently with a similar setup like you minus the headers. 276 is pretty darn good. Is that your current setup? Momentum headers, TPs, Tomei full single, and plenum?
I'm for sure installing them before I get a tune, just don't know when ill do either.

And IIRC he sold me his plenum because he was going vortech. And as far as I know his current plenum is the kinetix v+
However I don't know if he has vortech installed yet or not so I'm not going to say he does, and I do recall him saying he was with the single exit, although that could of been someone else so don't take my word for it. But that's just what I seem to remember.

And I agree those are good numbers for a de with boltons. Probably shut a lot of people up that said you can't break 260-270 with boltons on a de. He almost broke 280 lol! cams wouldda got you that far for sure.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:23 AM
RENFRO

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by drvqz33

It was a while ago. After Z Nationals it went up on jack stands so I could get some wheels powdercoated. I also switched to a Motordyne TDX2 and a Kinetix Velocity manifold. Not sure what that will net me, but I hope to stay somewhere in the 270s.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:04 AM
che69velle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the big intakes id assume that you're prepping for some forced induction?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Toneloc

I got 255hp 245tq header back exhaust, intake spacer, 130k non Rev de 6 SPD
Old 02-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Toneloc

Don't get all caught up in dyno numbers op. I've seen a hr can't break into the 13s and a de hit mid 13 second quarter mile times... It's all who is driving... Knowing that your car is running a safe afr is key... My mild mods I was hitting the knock sensor at 220hp.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:53 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by Toneloc
Don't get all caught up in dyno numbers op. I've seen a hr can't break into the 13s and a de hit mid 13 second quarter mile times... It's all who is driving... Knowing that your car is running a safe afr is key... My mild mods I was hitting the knock sensor at 220hp.
Absolutely man, I'm not that worried about the numbers just interested in knowing where I'm at and what my afr is.
Main reason I'm even doing it is just to know, and the money the raise for this dyno/car show day is all going to charity so I figure it will be a good time to hit a dyno

I'm more concerned in actually hitting the track just havent had the time or the money when I have the time.

And I agree its all about the driver, I've seen hrs in the 14 second range. Ans I've seen des in the low 13 range so it really depends on how you drive. I won't even try to speculate what times I would get at the track, its a lot different then speculating an average dyno number based on someones mods.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:23 AM
JERZ350

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jerz350 -

05' Anniversary - JWT|Kinetix V+|BorlaTD|BERK HFC|Osiris Tune| 255WHP - 239lb/tq 5AT
Old 02-13-2015, 07:50 PM
FOOKhonda

Originally Posted by JERZ350
05' Anniversary - JWT|Kinetix V+|BorlaTD|BERK HFC|Osiris Tune| 255WHP - 239lb/tq 5AT
Wow, keeping my fingers crossed now, I don't have hfc / to installed or a tune yet. Hope I'm at 255 at least but I have a feeling I'm going to be upset tomorrow but we will see soon.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 AM
waldo36

How many miles on your engine?

Results yet?
Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 AM
FOOKhonda

Engine has 105k on it,

Results are in though!
Afr was crazy lean in some spots going into high 16's almost 17's I can't upload a pic here but posting a link to photobucket. I am extremely willing to email the pic to someone that can post it up for me tho

Results are 249.55 hp / 229.32 tq uncorrected

238.65 hp / 219.31 tq SAE

Pic is of uncorrected numbers.
Also please remember this is without a tune! And is a 5AT

I think its pretty decent given the miles and no tune or test pipes. And there's lots of room under the curve and is a pretty consistent curve. Definitely can't wait to see what tp's and a tune do.

Also this goes to show a replica exhaust is intact worth a fraction of the cost, pretty much the same results, your just paying for the sound differences IMO.

But also the power could all just be from the plenum and exhaust may have caused lower numbers but won't know til I upgrade, to each their own though.

Thanks for all the interest, hope someone finds this useful!
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/Daniellehyper12/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1064_zpsszqbxlvf.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Again, if someone will upload the pic better I'd be more than happy to email or text it to you

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Time for dyno!