Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Help!! spacing and lowering

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 06:25 AM
davidap83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! spacing and lowering

I'm trying to run 19's on my Z and lower it but I want that flush look. A friend of mine keeps telling me it all depends on what size tires I'm getting and how much I'm lowering my car.The body is stock and i plan on keeping it that way (as long as fenders go). I may throw a lip on but no wide body kit is in planning so I want to achieve a flush look.

Here's the suspension set up I plan on lowering my car with: http://www.amazon.com/Ksport-CNS260-KP-Kontrol-Damper-System/dp/B005DH7XM8. Although I'm not sure how much they drop but I'm assuming since they're adjustable, I can just play with it until I get proper height.

Here's the rims I'm looking at: http://www.elementwheels.com/proddetail.asp?prod=gf61985blkgf619105blk2
Question on these is what millimeters should I run front and back to give the flush look? And what size tires should I get?

My last setup were 18s work rims till I got ran off the road and one hit the median and broke a huge chunk off. I can't remember the width since they came on the car from the guy I bought it from. I know it was 245s up front and 275s in the back.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve :

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/4205772260_3f9484ca23_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7401/13177523015_4672500987_c.jpg

thank you for any help you can offer.

P.s. if you know anything about work rims and warranties, please let me know. I heard they're suppose to bend, not brake off but a huge chunk broke off of mine. I don't have a receipt for then since they came on the car. So if I'm s.o.l. or not. Thanks again
Old 02-09-2015, 08:39 AM
mvp2765

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get to any of those setups & not have issues & rubbing, you are going to have to roll your fenders along with getting rear camber arms & possibly rear toe arms & front upper camber arms. There's a lot that goes into the perfect stance.. Becoming fully adjustable is what can get you there tho. I'll let the experts step in.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by davidap83
P.s. if you know anything about work rims and warranties, please let me know. I heard they're suppose to bend, not brake off but a huge chunk broke off of mine. I don't have a receipt for then since they came on the car. So if I'm s.o.l. or not. Thanks again
Have you thought of just phoning them and asking?
Old 02-09-2015, 11:24 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok. ok. I'm done. Oh man. This is hilarious. Ooooooooh you stance scene kids. so so so funny. I'm going to break this up a bit.

1) Your wheels that you bought the car with were not works. They were either Varrstoen or more than likely ROTAs...or a shitton of other companies that make replica cast 1 piece wheels. Even if they were legitamate work wheels, you'd be out of luck as you did not purchase them from the manufacturer or a licensed/authorized dealer. Maybe you can sell the remaining three for the cheap.

2) Without knowing the offset of those wheels, nobody is going to know what you need to do to get them flush. Just eyeballing those wheels, you're going to need about 2inches of spacer to get them to sit flush.

3) IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET WHEELS/TIRES FLUSH FOR THE LOOK YOU'RE GOING FOR WITHOUT DOING FENDER WORK. Impossible. You can lower it just a bit and then get super meaty tires, then push the wheels out till the meaty tires sit flush with the fenders but still have gap so it looks like crap. But, for the pics you posted, you're isht outta luck unless you're about to roll some fenders.

4) There is AN ENTIRE THREAD about this in the sub-forum you're currently in. Just sayin

You don't 100% NEED any other suspension parts to achieve what you've pictured, but it's much advised. Before you do ANY of this, though, do some research. What you're trying to do is similar, in knowledge amount, on how to build a turbo. It's not just a throw these parts at the car and walk away. It takes some measuring and some general car knowledge to achieve what you're trying to achieve.

Last edited by driftsucky; 02-09-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:05 AM
voltexz

Originally Posted by davidap83
They're not supposed to bend or break under normal conditions but you jumped a frickin median man... Any wheel will explode under those circumstances..
Old 02-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by voltexz
They're not supposed to bend or break under normal conditions but you jumped a frickin median man... Any wheel will explode under those circumstances..

link to thread?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:54 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Ok, I looked up the wheels , they are available in 10.5 +15 , that is what you want front and rear. 245/35-19 tires all around , roll the rear fenders , get front and rear camber kits and a set of 20mm spacers and you are on the path to hella flush yo.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Chrismx5

Wowowowow.

Considering you're looking at dropping a RB in there.

Get spending some good money on that before dropping coin on shitty wheels that you have no clue about.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Chrismx5

"How so? I make 150k a year doing over seas contracting. RB's have been installed in Z's already. And RB's are notorious for hitting 1000+Hp. So please explain how this is gonna be a fail. Don't rush....I'll wait."

You make 150k a year.

Get some works custom made to your sizes.