Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Show car on Ebay. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004 | 11:48 AM
MustGoFastR

I tell you, it IS very tempting, unfortunately there's no way I could buy it unless I sold my FX35 (which I am considering, anyway, but not like I'll find a buyer in time). I'll keep the car in mind. I don't know if it'll sell or not; bidding is steadily climbing, but no-one's jumped on it yet, so I may be able to deal after the auction closes. Anybody looking for an FX?
Old 12-01-2004 | 11:50 AM
EZDozzit

I dig the body kit. Whose is that?
Old 12-01-2004 | 12:11 PM
taurran

I believe this is it.

http://www.i-m-racing.com/inbodkit35.html
Old 12-01-2004 | 12:47 PM
MustGoFastR

Yes, it is an Ings kit.
Old 12-01-2004 | 12:51 PM
MustGoFastR

Latest info obtained:

the gauge console can be seen from underneath the dash if needed and the gauges can also be removed to view the stock cluster.

the car is pretty tight as far as the interior, you dont hear anything about to fall out.

the car did not have any type of hard driving on it. even the photo shots that were done, lots of photoshop was used.

the oil has been changed twice actually.

the car is owned by the owners of Toucan Industries.
Old 12-01-2004 | 02:57 PM
MustGoFastR

I wrote back to confirm the purpose of the use of PS in some pics.

In some of our features they added more smoke to the burn outs with photoshop because we were admit about not beating on the car.
Old 12-01-2004 | 02:58 PM
MustGoFastR

So I write the guy back saying: well, half the people I talk to say to jump on it, the other half say it's too good to be true and must be some sort of scam. I get an e-mail back with the attached pics. Priceless! I guess dispells any doubt!
Attached Thumbnails Show car on Ebay.  Worth it?-img_1560-1-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-01-2004 | 02:59 PM
MustGoFastR

Close-up:
Attached Thumbnails Show car on Ebay.  Worth it?-untitled.jpg  
Old 12-01-2004 | 03:06 PM
taurran

Nice pics.

Needs more sticker
Old 12-01-2004 | 05:02 PM
bamyi

nice scam pics. it looks like the note was photoshop into the pic, my gut tells me its total scam. photoshop some smoke in cause they didn't want to drive the car hard? sounds like ********. I don't know of a person who loves to sup up cars and not take it to the limit. Also, it does not take much to make a car illegal, here in colorado, any after market exhuast that is louder than stock is illegal. These guys are in a business to make money, if they sell a car worth 80k for 30k, there's gotta be something wrong and they aint gonna tell you or me and i would take their words like a grain of salt. its just my gut, i might be wrong.

heres advice, whoever buys that car has really better get it check by a FEW good mechanic and fight for a good warranty by the seller, i'm pretty sure nissan's warranty is no longer valid due to the mods.
Old 12-01-2004 | 07:10 PM
nicolaycastro

and there is only 1 day left too... if you like it and you can aford it i would say go for it.
Old 12-02-2004 | 04:07 AM
MustGoFastR

Well, right now I'm operating on the asumption (hope?) that if ti's menat for me, it won't sell on by auction's end and I can deal after the fact. The car is in S. FL, I am in Houston, so checking it out in person is tough, though I do have relatives over there that could do it for me. As for warranty, is is likely void, but I wonder if I could get a dealer to address TSBs like the suspension piece that was causing abnormal tire wear? This is an early to mid model year '03 car.
Old 12-02-2004 | 04:39 AM
VandyZ

Originally posted by MustGoFastR
So I write the guy back saying: well, half the people I talk to say to jump on it, the other half say it's too good to be true and must be some sort of scam. I get an e-mail back with the attached pics. Priceless! I guess dispells any doubt!
Haha that is funny, Steve.

It sounds like a good deal . . .but let me tell you coming from 2 infiniti's you wont be happy, IMO.

But you would hold the record for most vehicles with same plenum for a single owner!

What part of FL is it in?
Old 12-02-2004 | 06:09 AM
MustGoFastR

Hey, Adam. I was wondering if I had to go post over on the engine mods section to get any input from the "heavy hitters". The car is in South FL, don't know exactly where; Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, maybe?

Keep in mind I originally had a Z on order before I changed my mind and went with the G coupe. I wasn't totally in love with the coupe, so decided to go in a diff. direction with the FX in hopes of curing myself of my hopeless obsession with my cars and of the mod bug. Well, you know how THAT turned out. I've decided to accept the fact that I'm a hopeless, completely certifiable car FREAK and go back to what is really "me": an MT sports car. The luxo-stuff on the Infinitis is nice, but it's not really me. I find myself wishing for lighter, louder, more in your face. I WILL miss Infinitis service dept., though. Best I've ever had experience with at my dealership. I had two options in mind: either save up for a slightly used E46 M3 or buy a base Z and mod the crap out of it. Well, this car fits the latter discription and is already done with more mods than I could ever afford. It's not quite how I would have done it, but it's a prety rad ride and could be tweaked further to suit me, but it has a good base of mods on it to work with.

Right now, my main concern is how to get it through inspection and find a dealer that might at least work with me on TSBs, if not warranty stuff. Got to figure out how to get it back here, also. I don't think I'd trust a trucking co. with it, wouldn't want to drive it that far before I had time to have it checked over good and I don't think our Xterra has the towing capacity (5000lbs) to trailer it.
Old 12-02-2004 | 08:36 AM
taurran

I'm sure there is someone on these forums who lives near it who would be glad to go check it out. Unfortunately I live in Tampa and can't drive to Miami any time soon.
Old 12-02-2004 | 09:06 AM
MustGoFastR

Good point, I'll keep that in mind. My main issue right now is staving myself off from hitting the "buy it now" button and waiting it out. If it doesn't sell, I'll be in a much better position to deal and have more time.
Old 12-02-2004 | 09:21 AM
taurran

Also for something that expensive, you should actually fly down to Miami or wherever and pay for it in person. What's a few hundred bucks for a plane ticket to ensure that the transaction goes smoothly?
Old 12-02-2004 | 09:28 AM
MustGoFastR

Oh, I most deffinitely would. I have two weeks off around X-mas and have family in Central FL anyway.
Old 12-02-2004 | 12:25 PM
booger

Did they say how much the reserve was ?...it hasnt been met yet . I dont see it going for less than $40,000
Old 12-02-2004 | 12:27 PM
taurran

Look at the "Buy it Now" price. The reserve is obviously lower or equal to that.

Quick Reply: Show car on Ebay. Worth it?