Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

RX8 or 350Z.. I have both

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:08 PM
sgoncalves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there's one thing I love about the RX8... is that I smoke them every single time.

And by the way, I'm in Boston and I'd be happy to demonstrate.

Besides, I heard earlier in the year that a few RX-8 ECUs were being recalled because of bad air/fuel mixture. Sometimes the cars would just die randomly at idle. Nothing dangerous I guess, but enough of a problem for a recall, look it up.

So if you want my opinon -- keep the RX-8. One more person for me to smoke!
Old 12-07-2004, 03:40 PM
uro279

Default Re: I have a 350Z & an M3 and sold my WRX

Originally posted by OZ-Z
and for the Z Vs RX8 take some driving lessons before you make you judgment
Best advice.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:53 PM
jackie chan

i stopped reading at this.....
okay.. lets go over the two cars...

RX8...
I must say, power is definitely level with teh Z. However, I do find one thing very interesting...

there is a road where I alwasy drive through when i go to Boston.. its an on ramp to a freeway enterance.. about 500 meters long so I can really try out the acceleration of both cars. I do this just about everyday...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:31 PM
x28

for all you guys that way to take on the RX8.. sure.. I will do it at any track day. Walkins Glen, Lime rock, autocross events.. whichever one you want. Autocross events are only 30 minutes from Boston....

Every Z owner I have came across think the Z is fastest car in the world.. its like its perfect... I like the Z too..

but to prove my point.. I will race you anyone of you on a track and show you what's driving
Old 12-07-2004, 06:33 PM
x28

Originally posted by jackie chan
i stopped reading at this.....
you should have continued reading on, I said I couldn't floor the Z cause of the low temperature.....
Old 12-07-2004, 07:42 PM
ktm
Banned

Way to back peddle, because you continued to say:

both cars reach almost the exact same speed when I pass the 400 meter mark.. but pass it at about 84 mph or so.. (its a little uphill and I start from a 15mph roll)

WHAT? both cars hvae teh same acceleration?!?!?!!? WTF?? I was so surpriused to find that both cars have almost the same acceleration...

okay, yes, the weather is cold in boston, so I can;t go full out on first gear wtihout spinning the rear wheels.. but still..
Old 12-07-2004, 08:13 PM
x28

so if you actually read it carefully.. it says...
"okay, yes, the weather is cold in boston, so I can;t go full out on first gear wtihout spinning the rear wheels.. but still.. "

and I also said ALMOST .... and I said I was surprised... and I said WTF....

so perhaps, I might not be making things up.

I know if the Z didn't hvae wheel spin, the difference woudl be more obvious..... gwad....
Old 12-07-2004, 08:14 PM
x28

Default Re: Re: I have a 350Z & an M3 and sold my WRX

Originally posted by uro279
Best advice.
wow.... so I suck when I drive the Z and I am supernatural when I drive the 8.. woohoo

really.. great advice
Old 12-07-2004, 11:05 PM
xray2

Originally posted by ktm
Way to back peddle, because you continued to say:

both cars reach almost the exact same speed when I pass the 400 meter mark.. but pass it at about 84 mph or so.. (its a little uphill and I start from a 15mph roll)

WHAT? both cars hvae teh same acceleration?!?!?!!? WTF?? I was so surpriused to find that both cars have almost the same acceleration...

okay, yes, the weather is cold in boston, so I can;t go full out on first gear wtihout spinning the rear wheels.. but still..
]

Well it's hard to tell in any car qualitatively which is faster. G-meter won't lie to you, and it will definately tell you if you suck as driving.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:19 PM
x28

hmm.. I think I was pretty close to winning the reginal BMW series for my class... in autocrossing...

perhaps I am not a good drag racer, I will admit that. But definitely better than those that are trying to talk people down =D.

or still.. those that say the Z is better.. i would love to race them in any track day events

loVe to..
Old 12-07-2004, 11:36 PM
x28

Besides, for those that are so up for the Z. Check out some lap times, top gear, the 8 and the Z had the exact same lap time around their course.

For some other laps, the Z was faster becasue it was faster in teh straights, but the RX8 was able to keep up in corners....

In twisties, an RX8 driver will be much more comfortable driving there than a Z. I can assure that, Hot Version (something like Best Motoring but for tuned cars), have said that RX8 is one of the most stable and easy to drive cars around their touge track. Set a time that only S2000's could keep up with... hmm..

now I am really in favor to the 8.... but only because some Z drivers are have just been such ****ers.

just some....
Old 12-08-2004, 04:00 AM
EnthusiastZ

Originally posted by x28
I never said the car can't trail brake, and there IS something called brake LSD, go read the manual if you wouldn't like.
Which manual are you reading? The Z is equipped with Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD). There are 3 Nissan vehicles that use Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS)...05 Pathfinder, 05 Frontier, and 05 Xterra.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:52 AM
jackie chan

i have driven both cars quite a bit and for overall appeal i like the z, the rx8 feels like its built around the driver more, but its lacking in the power dept for my tastes, plus i also prefer the z's looks and gas mileage
Old 12-08-2004, 06:48 AM
x28

too much to go over about the VCD, here's the link. They talk about where it is on the manual.. I am not exactly sure where.. but they do I think

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=98081

its hard to justify what a drift is.. some poeple isn't really drifting when they say they are (cause they dun know what it really is)

or some people just drift, screw up, and still think they did a perfect drift

as far as my experience goes, the Z cannot drift via brake. I think a Hot Version episode can confirm my claim, but hey, this is America, cars could be different here.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:35 AM
amallari

Both the Z and RX8 are nice cars. The Z has its advantages and disadvantages. Overall it is up to the consumer what he/she likes. If you compare the old days where the RX7, Supra and the twin turbo 300ZX you have a compitition. There will always be a comparsion between RX8, S2000, M3, Boxster, and so on. The Z and RX8 are not made for indy 500 and dragster races. There just made to drive and have fun!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:51 AM
stx

as far as my experience goes, the Z cannot drift via brake. I think a Hot Version episode can confirm my claim, but hey, this is America, cars could be different here.
Again, you can drift by using the brakes on the Z. If you are going fast enough and you begin to turn and jump on your brakes you will shift the load to the front of the car making the rear light and lose traction. It is pure physics and if you don't believe me go try it. I have tracked the Z and taken corners on street tires at 100 mph in an opposite lock four wheel drift with no problems.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:03 AM
EnthusiastZ

Originally posted by x28
too much to go over about the VCD, here's the link. They talk about where it is on the manual.. I am not exactly sure where.. but they do I think
It's called VDC (vehicle dynamic control). It helps correct for understeer and/or oversteer.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:52 AM
celbii

Lmao, my friend believes no matter what a 350z cannot beat a RX8 because RX8 has a rotary engine, and if a a350z does he just blames it on the rx8 being a bad driver and the 350z is fixed up....
Old 12-08-2004, 12:39 PM
qirex

this is pretty funny....

both cars are decent - but the Z gets the nod for bang 4 buck.

Oh yeah...the 8 is SLOW
Old 12-08-2004, 12:46 PM
celbii

i know i try to tell him that and his answer is that the rx8 has 2 motary engines EVERY time

Quick Reply: RX8 or 350Z.. I have both