Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

g35s always wanna race

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 02:30 PM
BazingerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default g35s always wanna race

Does this happen to anyone else? Everytime I'm at a light next to a g35 they wanna race. They stare me down, and then gun it off the line. I've only had my car for 2 weeks so theres no way I'm launching before break in. I personally never bother to race cars with dealer plates.
The cars i expect to try and race me dont, like mustang gts and other Zs.
Last night this integra kept tailgating me and then finally just blew by me.
Also, is it just me(maybe cuz the back of our cars are so short) but trucks always seem to be right on my a$$ when stuck at a light.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:13 PM
DIE DIE

haha, the G35's are a tad slower stock, so they might be modded and want to see if they made up the difference with mods.

I just finally broke my car in, so next dude that revs is probably gonna get his race
Old 12-08-2004, 05:50 PM
homiusang

Default Re: g35s always wanna race

Originally posted by BazingerZ
Also, is it just me(maybe cuz the back of our cars are so short) but trucks always seem to be right on my a$$ when stuck at a light.
I noticed the same thing, and pretty much all cars are sticking to close to my a$$ at a stop
Old 12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
NISMO_GUY2003

It's true...
When I'm in my Maxima, people stay a nice distance away from me, but if I'm in the Z--- right on my *ss!!
I sometimes think people get a chip on their shoulder because we're in a "sports car" rather than just a normal everyday functional car...

Don't know why people hate so....
Old 12-08-2004, 06:46 PM
ssc

i find that more g35's want to race versus like other z's as well. but i dont get bothered by it. most of the time i dont even pay attention to them...and they look like jackasses when they peel out at the light in traffic.
seems like most other z owners i have seen, know the capabilities of our cars and are more mature about things.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
AmateuRN

Wouldn't you say the Z is aimed at the younger, more immature buyer while the G is slightly more expensive and for an older driver? Granted there are thousands of exceptions, generally isnt that the way Nissan/Infiniti targeted the market?

I am not disagreeing just because I have a G. When I see a Z up infront of me I weave to get next to them and give them a wave or thumbs up. Other G's are the cars I want to race!...That and the new Mustangs, lol.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agreed. 2 G did the same to me other days.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:05 PM
d!abolic

LMAO, my guess is that G35 drivers are statistically more likely to be suffering from mid-life crisis because of the target market! LOL! Oh god, i'm gonna get flamed for this As for people getting real close behind you at the light... uh, they're just admiring your car, dude!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:05 PM
ohw

Didn't have any G try to race, but everything else - Rustangs, trucks, Civics, Neons, etc. seem to want to do silly things when sitting next to the Z.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:08 PM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got a G blowby before too.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:09 AM
XaznPKdogX

G's are still pretty fast. Nothing to look down at. I would take a G over a 350z for the back 2 seats.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:33 AM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All G35 refuse to race me here, don't know why...
Old 12-09-2004, 04:47 AM
kewlii

Default Re: g35s always wanna race

Originally posted by BazingerZ

I've noticed that too...and it's bugging the hell outta me. I always move up a little bit, and usually also moves up when I moved up.... arghhhhh
Old 12-09-2004, 07:46 AM
wildone_106

They always seem really P'OD whenever I see them, like how dare I be on the same road as them, although BMW"s are FAR worse..they must always be at the head of every "pack" and would'nt stand to be behind a Z for long, had some guy in the new Z3(?) bimmer doin some crazy **** just to get infront me, I was'nt even racing just going along..wtf!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:26 AM
BazingerZ

damn. after work yestesterday i was at a light. i dont know, maybe its cuz the stock exhaust is louder than normal cars. the light turned green and i started off(remember i havent totally broken in the car and do not take it over 3k rpm) just like a typical start off in any car. the truck behind me starts revving, cuts off the person next time me-paces me for a second or two and then drives off like a crazy mad man switching lanes and cutting people off.
if my car was more broken in i may have chased him down-but at that point i was pretty beat(i could hear some high pitch noise coming out of his engine when he was pacing me?).
but i caught up to him at the next light. i tried to see who the hell was driving the truck, but it was too high.
i've noticed that guys who drive trucks are crazier than people who drive sports cars.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:32 AM
ANXIOUZ

I rarely see anybody wanting to race on my way to/from work. The roads are mostly 1-lane. But as far as spotting goes:

Z's - Always get a wave or something. At a minimum, a very long "hey, how ya doin?" stare.

G's - There's usually some acknowledgement but no wave backs. No racing, but they typically drive faster than before they saw me...like they're trying to show off. At least around here, they appear to be a very stuck-up bunch.

S2K's - Mutual glances at each other. Some revving.

WRX's - Mutual glances at each other.

Others - Like some of you, RIGHT on my butt at stoplights.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:53 AM
MA4

the trucks know that they can drive as fast as they want since they probably won't accidentally get it up to 90-100mph, like i sometimes do in my z...getting caught doing 80+ is my fear when it comes to "getting on it"
Old 12-09-2004, 09:24 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

Originally posted by explortainment
the trucks know that they can drive as fast as they want since they probably won't accidentally get it up to 90-100mph, like i sometimes do in my z...getting caught doing 80+ is my fear when it comes to "getting on it"
What a coincidence, Last night going home a white G was playing cat & mouse with me in traffic aroun 85MPH. I was just driving home (Im not a racer) but this guy was passing me then slowing down and moving over to let me go....

I took a chance and stepped down just enough to upshift once (AT) and put some good distance between me & him. I didnt want to overdo it. But I looked at the speedo and I was at 127MPH. I quickly braked, moved over and let the dude pass me. Getting a ticket at that speed or any higher would really suck.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Built2shredZ

The other night I was crusin my G and some guy in a pimped out 350z pulled up next to me and tried to goat me into racing. He'd slow down then speed up. He did this this several times before just flooring it and taking off.... I thought it was kind of funny

Before I added the mods to my G35 Sedan (6MT), I raced my brothers stock 350ZR (Automatic) I easily took him off the line, he caught up and it was pretty much dead even. If he had a manual he probably would of pulled me some...

So far in my Z, I've only gotten Mustangs wanting to race me... But I wont race unless the road is empty... So I dont race much

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 12-09-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:39 AM
qwsxz

+ 2 up

NICE...

Quick Reply: g35s always wanna race