Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Want a Z, but having a problem...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:58 PM
cosmec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a Z, but having a problem...HELP!

Well, I recently(within a month) picked up a 2001 Audi S4, which has been ONE of my attainable dream cars for awhile. I got it for a pretty good price and it was in fairly good condition, so I jumped on it. The thing is, recently im learning ALOT about how unreliable S4's are, and thats unacceptable to me. I dont expect to replace TWO turbos every 15k miles, the car is not worth that much money and time to me. So, I've been thinking about getting that elusive Z that I've wanted since the first time i laid eyes on it. The problem is, would dealerships even deal with me?? I would most likely be buying an 03 Z, which lets say is worth 25grand. The blue book trade in value on my S4 is 20,500. Therefore the balance would most likely be 4,500. Would a dealership even do this transaction? Obviously, I havent finished paying off the vehicle, but I dont want to keep it longer than I have to in fear that I'll be facing a large bill for repairs sometime soon. Can anyone help?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:30 PM
JoneZZZ

Take this deal to your bank.....they are likely to give you the best rates......ask if they are willing to finance you for $29,5K. This would be the price of the Z plus the 4.5K difference.....once you have made that arrangement, you are clear to make your best deal with the dealer.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:33 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're asking if you're going to be able to trade straight across, the answer is probably not. Using the numbers you provided, they would ultimately be selling the Z to you for around 20.5K. You're probably going to have to cough up the difference, and if I were you, I'd buy a base '05 at that point. It's only a few K more, and it'll be new. You may very well make the extra back just in warranty coverage.

Good luck!
Old 12-11-2004, 03:37 PM
palmerwmd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used '03 are getting reasonable.

Here is one thats sitting in a major dealership with all TSB's already applied (I am not a salesman just noticed it, when I went in for oil change)

http://nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=91360

Fred..
Old 12-11-2004, 04:35 PM
cosmec

Originally posted by kcobean
If you're asking if you're going to be able to trade straight across, the answer is probably not. Using the numbers you provided, they would ultimately be selling the Z to you for around 20.5K. You're probably going to have to cough up the difference, and if I were you, I'd buy a base '05 at that point. It's only a few K more, and it'll be new. You may very well make the extra back just in warranty coverage.

Good luck!
No. I know it would be a long shot for any dealership to trade me a Z straight up, but I was really wondering if dealerships would even consider taking over payments for such a newly financed car.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:40 PM
2Shift1

Im sure they would actually. A friend of mine bought an 02' S4 with tranny issues... unfortunatley he didnt know about these issues until after the financing went through... so he went to and Infiniti dealer and took home and I30. They just took the trade in with no knowledge of the tranny issues. I think you should try it.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:34 PM
cosmec

Originally posted by 2Shift1
Im sure they would actually. A friend of mine bought an 02' S4 with tranny issues... unfortunatley he didnt know about these issues until after the financing went through... so he went to and Infiniti dealer and took home and I30. They just took the trade in with no knowledge of the tranny issues. I think you should try it.
My car doesnt have problems, yet. Even if the dealership checked it out, i doubt they would find anything wrong. I just didnt think that a dealership would take over payments on a 20k car just to make a 5grand difference off you. Thanks guys, soon ill start to head out to nissan dealerships and see if anything catches my eye
Old 12-11-2004, 10:50 PM
the7ferret

dont expect the dealer to take over payments. They are gonna rape you.

Sell it private party and use the money to pay off loan and any extra put down on a z
Old 12-12-2004, 08:55 AM
ronald_m

I have a track edition 03'.Selling it for $26,500.Im located in NJ area.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=102284

Last edited by ronald_m; 12-12-2004 at 08:58 AM.