Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Srt4......

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 06:49 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srt4......

damn so today i was driving my friends car... and there was a srt4 that passed me really slow... and it had the exhaust on the side.. it looked sweet... i loved the sound of the car even when its stock....but man it sounded so mean ..and he kinda gunned it.and i was like ...is there any type of exhaust for the z to make our car make that mean...
Old 12-11-2004, 06:50 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ..

sound that mean... sorry lol.. i was rushing
Old 12-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Low J.
Banned

yeah, I just sold my SRT-4 to get the Z and I do miss that snarling exhaust note. Rev-matching was one of my fave pastimes cuz you got the wicked backfiring sound that was pretty cool. It sure was a deceptively fast little car too....
Old 12-11-2004, 10:02 PM
DIE DIE DIE

Originally posted by Low J.
yeah, I just sold my SRT-4 to get the Z and I do miss that snarling exhaust note. Rev-matching was one of my fave pastimes cuz you got the wicked backfiring sound that was pretty cool. It sure was a deceptively fast little car too....
since you've owned both.....tell us.... which one is faster stock?????????????????? Everyone has diff opinions on this, but you might know the truth
Old 12-11-2004, 10:10 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ...

hmm well i got a pretty good feeling the srt4 is faster.. the 04s and up.. this kid that i know he has a blue one and we raced on the highway and he was messsing with me.. i would downshift and gun it and he would stay on my tail the whole time basically letting me know he could pass me if he wants lol...
Old 12-12-2004, 04:25 AM
ssc

those srt4's are pretty quik, but i cant get over the fact that they are neons....
Old 12-12-2004, 09:33 AM
ajk4

Default Re: ...

Originally posted by xjerseyzfinestx
hmm well i got a pretty good feeling the srt4 is faster.. the 04s and up.. this kid that i know he has a blue one and we raced on the highway and he was messsing with me.. i would downshift and gun it and he would stay on my tail the whole time basically letting me know he could pass me if he wants lol...
roll-racing doesn't count. by all accounts the 350z is faster stock for stock in all catagories (1/4 mi., 0-60, 0-100, etc.). this has been discussed a thousand times on this forum and the conclusion is always the same. i've raced srt-4's at the track and in stock form the z will win time and time again. however, the srt-4's are easily modified thanks to mopar and they're much more affordable than most z mods.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:50 AM
TurK

im ashamed you guys are comparing this car to a 350z
Old 12-12-2004, 11:02 AM
dirtyelk

in reality it is a drivers race...
Old 12-12-2004, 11:50 AM
350vengeance

best bang for the buck i'd go for the Neon. 350z still looks the best.......
Old 12-12-2004, 12:00 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by dirtyelk
in reality it is a drivers race...
Which is a nice way of saying that the SRT-4 will beat the Z if driver factors are eliminated.

Horsepower is cheap and in reality, for the power you get out of it, the Z is fantastically expensive. There are a handful of cars that are faster than the Z. Nissan just knows that power is not the only things that sells cars. If it was, we'd all be driving 600 HP Ford Pintos.

Even if the SRT-4 could beat every Viper in town, I'd still be driving a Z because I get to show off the power of the Z just once in a while, but the car gets seen every time it comes out of the garage. People never bat an eye at the SRT-4, but I see people turning around in their seats to get a look at my Z. There's a certain reward in that just like there is in winning races.

It's all about balance. For the money, the Z has the best balance of looks, power, performance out there.

My $0.02....
Old 12-12-2004, 12:09 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Originally posted by kcobean
Which is a nice way of saying that the SRT-4 will beat the Z if driver factors are eliminated.

Horsepower is cheap and in reality, for the power you get out of it, the Z is fantastically expensive. There are a handful of cars that are faster than the Z. Nissan just knows that power is not the only things that sells cars. If it was, we'd all be driving 600 HP Ford Pintos.

Even if the SRT-4 could beat every Viper in town, I'd still be driving a Z because I get to show off the power of the Z just once in a while, but the car gets seen every time it comes out of the garage. People never bat an eye at the SRT-4, but I see people turning around in their seats to get a look at my Z. There's a certain reward in that just like there is in winning races.

It's all about balance. For the money, the Z has the best balance of looks, power, performance out there.

...good info buddy..lol...it is true..but man does that srt4 sound mean.. especially the one i saw with the exhaust coming out from the side..

My $0.02....
Old 12-12-2004, 01:40 PM
DIE DIE DIE

[i]

My $0.02.... [/B]
I agree
Old 12-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Low J.
Banned

in all honesty the SRT-4 felt faster although all the mag tests show the Z is quicker by a hair. The Z power is nice and smooth but the SRT-4 just keeps pulling as quick as you can shift once you hit the powerband.....great power for such a cheap car. It was a one trick pony though which is why I got the Z....I wanna take corners too