Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: Which silver color do you like better?
Chrome Silver
35.02%
Silverstone
58.17%
Other
5.25%
The Color of my 350Z?
5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

Chrome Silver or Silverstone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 08:46 PM
SteveZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Sivlerstone if you can't have SuperBlack

Originally posted by zeelee
on my second set of tires due to in another 2 thousand miles I expect to have to replace the front tires again Nissan has not come up with a permanent fix for the alignment/suspension problem. Rumor has it that by the time the 04 model comes out they will. Should not have bought the first run. Should have waited. Also we have the bose/paint/window grease/sun visor rattle problems. Heck there must be at least 10 tech service bulletins out on the 03 Z. Surely they will have the bugs out for the 04 model. I have had my Z in the shop 6 times for various problems. Don't have the time for that.
Whoa! No alignment, paint, window, or rattling visors w/me - my only beef is the dumb clips for the passenger belt
This is the second first run Nissan I've purchased new, NO regrets.

Yes, every grain of dust and pollen dropped on SuperBlack is there for the world, but from purchase Nov-2002 to June-2003, no swirls in the paint, car looks (and drives) great! Keep it clean, garaged and OEM car cover, but it's still a daily driver for me.

Hope they treat you right with yours....
Attached Thumbnails Chrome Silver or Silverstone?-hr_qt-1979.jpg  
Old 06-14-2003, 09:06 PM
SteveZ

Originally posted by ndnyc718
silverstone w/ burnt orange interior... waiting on mine now. the burnt orange leather looks awesome w/ the color.
Whoa!!! Sorry your Alty didn't work out...but -

To each his own, but...IMHO, the only sh***y Altimas are in the eye of the beholder. The 110k I have on my '95 was a big boost in no issues buying a first gen Z. My old Alty is just the usual Eibach K&N, stainless exhaust, varous engine mods sans turbo, sway bar, strut and tire/wheel upgrades, but it still rocks (or at least rolls, compared to the Z) and has many smilin' miles left for my Z to sit in the garage when the snow really flies...
Attached Thumbnails Chrome Silver or Silverstone?-z_mine.jpg  
Old 06-15-2003, 07:51 PM
TRACK350z

Lightbulb I will post pics of my CS with GTC's

I will post pics of my CS with GTC's, LOWERED 1".

If you guys want to see them?

Jan
Old 07-06-2003, 11:44 PM
vBuskirk

I have to admit that the Audi TT had something to do with my choice of SS over CS. In hindsight I can say (a) the SS looks "grey" way too often & (b) we've had a lot of rain in my area this year, but when the light is right, there is *nothing* like SS. The best lighting is a bright day. Can you say polished steel stretched over impressive muscular haunches? The color variances over the flared fender wells will stop you in your tracks on a good day. Silverstone also looks really good under the moonlight with a nice wax job. Oooh, and I disagree that CS matches the door handles better. The wheels and handles are the perfect accents on the SS [and the SS only!].

While I second guess myself about the "grey" once in a while, what I really regret is that I couldn't wrangle the Ferrari orange seats w/i my buying timefram (got black).
Old 07-06-2003, 11:50 PM
vBuskirk

I have to admit that the Audi TT had something to do with my choice of SS over CS. In hindsight I can say (a) the SS looks "grey" way too often & (b) we've had a lot of rain in my area this year, but when the light is right, there is *nothing* like SS. The best lighting is a bright day. Can you say polished steel stretched over impressive muscular haunches? The color variances over the flared fender wells will stop you in your tracks on a good day. Silverstone also looks really good under the moonlight with a nice wax job. Oooh, and I disagree that CS matches the door handles better. The wheels and handles are the perfect accents on the SS [and the SS only!].

While I second guess myself about the "grey" once in a while, what I really regret is that I couldn't wrangle the Ferrari orange seats w/i my buying timefram (got black).
Old 07-06-2003, 11:55 PM
vBuskirk

Geez!

Note To Self: Careful with that "Retry?" dialog when trying to ALT-LeftArrow back to the forums. Sorry for the duplicate.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:53 AM
sardento

Default CS vs SS

When I was shopping for my 350 I was dead set on SS. My previous car was a CS type color and did not want to get another car the same color. But when I saw the SS 350 on the lot it looked a bit too "greyish" to me (my opinion)...then I saw the LeMans Sunset up close and was sold.

I love both the ss and CS but if I had to pick it would be the CS. Its a bit more reflective of light and the acsents on the car look awesome on that color.

Just my humble opinion