Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Test Drive in San Diego?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002 | 11:05 PM
nanhead

Default Test Drive in San Diego?!?

Hi all I'm new to the forum. I'm in the San Diego area and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a dealer with a demo car or one who's willing to let me test drive a z. I'm almost certain I want to get this car, but I can't purchase something without driving it first.

I had called Mossy Nissan of National City today because they had the car I want (Daytona Blue, Track), and the salesguy assured me over the phone I can test drive it. When I went down there, he had another person help me out, and the sales manager told me I couldn't drive it. In any event, I definitely will not be ordering my car there; I would've understood had he told me no over the phone. Instead, I had to waste almost an hour of my time driving back and forth for nothing. Oh yeah, the sales MANAGER also told me that if I did all the paperwork to buy the car today, I could drive the car home and if I didn't like it, return it tomorrow. I almost asked to get this in writing!!

Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks a lot!
Old 11-05-2002 | 07:41 AM
ganz

nanhead,

I was allowed to test drive my car before I bought it (at Mossy El Cajon). But you have to pretty much agree (put money down) to buy the car you're test driving.
Old 11-05-2002 | 07:58 AM
Aloharacing

Default Re: Test Drive in San Diego?!?

Originally posted by nanhead
Hi all I'm new to the forum. I'm in the San Diego area and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a dealer with a demo car or one who's willing to let me test drive a z. I'm almost certain I want to get this car, but I can't purchase something without driving it first.

I had called Mossy Nissan of National City today because they had the car I want (Daytona Blue, Track), and the salesguy assured me over the phone I can test drive it. When I went down there, he had another person help me out, and the sales manager told me I couldn't drive it. In any event, I definitely will not be ordering my car there; I would've understood had he told me no over the phone. Instead, I had to waste almost an hour of my time driving back and forth for nothing. Oh yeah, the sales MANAGER also told me that if I did all the paperwork to buy the car today, I could drive the car home and if I didn't like it, return it tomorrow. I almost asked to get this in writing!!

Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks a lot!
There's a guy who bought his Z, and then decided he didn't like it. He traded it in at the Mercedes dealership off of Balboa, and they marked it up 10K over msrp. It still might be there, but you could probably test drive that one. It's Black, but i'm not sure of the model. Give them a call first.
Old 11-05-2002 | 08:22 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Daytona Blue Track?!?!? That's exactly what I've got on order! But I'm in Texas so I probably won't see you.

But damn, I had no problem test driving a car when I ordered. Sounds like those Cali dealers are bigger a-holes than the rest of them.

Good luck! It's an awesome car!
Old 11-05-2002 | 08:46 AM
MustGoFastR

I heard that CA dealers were marking them up WAY over sticker. If the one traded in at that Mercedes dealership is any indication, it would be worth it to buy the car out of state and have it trucked in. I was talking to a salesperson who just moved here to Houston from Florida (didn't catch the city). She said that she had a guy come in from out of state where they were being marked up majorly, bought 2 Zs and had them trucked back to his home state, where he sold the second one for a tidy profit!
Old 11-05-2002 | 12:28 PM
LowFuel

Come along on our drive this saturday (check the car club section).
You can ride shotgun with me if you like.