Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Conquer
Is it possible your plate light has a short in it
arent you a cop?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:40 AM
FLZ

Originally posted by Conquer
Thanks!.... be more specific! Forgeting what? Theres nothing more to the story Is it hard to believe that theres people out there that manage money well and has outstanding credit

...by all means, this does'nt happen over night. Work hard, save $$, and pay bills on time. At 35 I think I have done well for myself!
I was'nt trying to offend you.......I'll hand it to you for your accomplishments.......The house from what I can see looks georgeous......Car ain't bad either.......I'm no Bill Gates by any means, but just a look at the one photo sure appears,(to me anyway), above a 36G a year income.......Again, no offense....Now, what's the secret...:-)
Old 01-05-2005, 08:14 AM
goodstuff86

sound violation with stock speakers is all i have to say to this
Old 01-05-2005, 08:46 AM
mpowers

Its all a revenue building resource...
real criminals don't pay fines...
Old 01-05-2005, 11:20 AM
TurK

Originally posted by FLZ
I'm no Bill Gates by any means, but just a look at the one photo sure appears,(to me anyway), above a 36G a year income.......Again, no offense....Now, what's the secret...:-)

your an idiot learn how to read

get it through your head that ppl dont have to make 100k+ year to have everything they want.....saving up and having good credit plays a big roll....plus i rather be a cop and make 20k a year then sit in a office and make 100k a year.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:41 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I have a hard time believing one can buy a 30k car and (what appears to be) a $200+k house on 36k a year just by saving their pennies.

I am sorry but I am guessing you have had some other income here, because the math just does not add up. I work hard save my pennies and I cannot afford that on a greater income.

Unless you dont eat, have no furnuture, no tv, and are house and car poor, which would be a big mistake.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:13 PM
mpowers

I bet you could afford a 200k house and a Z on 36k. Buy the house 1st then refinace to purchase the Z with the prceedes, get a second to cover the rest and with a 6 year intrest only loan.
At the end of Six years the house will more than likely be worth more than the first and second on the house. Sale and do it all over again. You end up driving a newer more expensive car and have a nice house as well. Down side is you do not build equity unless the value of the house goes up.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:26 PM
tacomaboy

How can you BUY a 200k house on 36k a year? Your payments would be something like 2000 a month, unless you put down 40k, but then how can you save up 40k on 36k a year? Crap man, my cable bill is almost 2000 bucks a year!!

I am just saying is that there is a cost of living that you have to take away form 36k, and that does not leave one with enough to save up for such a niec house (and it is nice BTW) and a nice car.

If you had the house to begin with you could use equity in the home to finance the car, but thats stupid (since the Z will depreciate drastically). And there is no guarantee a house will appreciate.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:06 PM
tylerdurden

Originally posted by FLZ
Not sure what Florida pays.....Pretty sure that in a cop's early career here, it is way too little...On LI on the other hand? What part you from? Dave

UPDATE:

2003 Year End Stats.....

FHP starting: $32,700.

Palm Beach County: $32,952.

Broward County: $34,472

Boca Raton (city): $40,293.00

All these are basic starting salaries...........I see only pre-owned 280z's or 300zx's for these folk at first.....
Nassau and Suffolk counties have the highest paid cops in the nation. That's why my taxes are so freakin high. I think they start at around 35k and jump to 75k after 4 or 5 years.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:11 PM
mpowers

tacoma boy its a intrest only loan. or know as a 6 year arm. you only pay the intrest on the loan for six years then the priciple and intrest. all bank have this..
Old 01-05-2005, 01:22 PM
tacomaboy

From my understanding a 6 year ARM (Adjustable Rate Mortgage) is a standard loan with a very low rate that changes after 6 years. Not a loan that you do no thave to pay on the principle for 6 years.

And on all mortgage loans the first x number of payments are mostly, if not completely towards interest. I just bought a house in April, with a standard 30 year FHA loan.

Still I dont see why you would want to put off making payments on a car for 6 years. Why would you refi the house to purchase a car? There are only a few things I would mortgage a house for: home improvements, kids college, or to starts a business... because all of those, in a way, are investments. A car is no investment.

Maybe I didnt understand your first explanation, but at any rate, it still would not explain how to get a 200k house on 36k a year.

It *may* be possible to get a 30k car on 36k a year, but unlikely.

Last edited by tacomaboy; 01-05-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
350fanatic

Nassau and Suffolk counties have the highest paid cops in the nation. That's why my taxes are so freakin high. I think they start at around 35k and jump to 75k after 4 or 5 years.
hehe i guess you guys have never heard of a small town called Milpitas in the Bayarea, Ca. These pigs start off at $90k on their first year.

i hate cops myself, i use to never have a grudge against em until they started pulling me over for no reason and searching me. I kept getting pulled over in my previous car, (02 altima) and their reason would always be that i didnt signal. Stupid bastards!!

cops here in milpitas is the worst and on top of that there is no crime here in milpitas. milpitas is like 5-10sq miles with a hundred patrol cars, i see these pigs on every corner eatin there donuts and on their cellphone while driving.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:44 PM
mpowers

Its like this, you can buy more house than you could normally. Pay only the intrest, which if I guessed would be around 650-700 with good credit. Before the six years is up sell the house, after six years you pay the intrest and priciple. And take the cash from the sell of the house (for as long as the value went up) and buy a another larger house with cash down and the same type of loan. This way you are living a larger house every few years for the price of the first home. Its pretty common type of home loan. Call you banker.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
tacomaboy

My friend, I think you have been misled: http://www.hsh.com/about_arms_1.html

I dont need to call a banker, I just bought a house and I know how ARMS work. Payments would not be anywhere NEAR that low on a 200k house unless you put down about 150k. And also, payments on a 6 year ARM do go up after 6 years but only because the interest rate goes up, not because suddenly you start paying on the principle.

And even if what you said were true, which its not, how could you ever make money on a house if you never paid toward the prinicple? You cannot guarantee a house will appreciate!

Be very careful when making decisions like this.

Last edited by tacomaboy; 01-05-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
skank-a-holic

Wow... this thread is getting crazy

People... its simple, I will try and answer some of the questions here. Yes, the house is approx. $200,000 and yes, I pay for all my bills. I also have a T.V. (42" plasma on the wall) sorry... have to brag about the T.V. ........how is this possible 0n 36g's? in short, this is my 3rd house in 8 yrs.... I have made a great profit on each house which has given me the money down needed to be able to afford the home im in now. (I could of never done it with bad credit). I did not start out with a $200k house to begin with... you see where im going here. Funiture? got that to! Its called SAVING YOUR MONEY! my father has always said... "you want something, work for it"! The $$ for the T.V. was taken out of the profits of my last home. I do live a tight budget but im not hungry and do have cable this is the life I choose to live, when im home I want to be happy!

Also add to the 36,500, overtime and off duty work. I can bring in approx. $40,000 a year total by that.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:23 PM
skank-a-holic

Originally posted by ivanito
arent you a cop?
Yep! Hope it doesn't affect O.Z.O.C.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:27 PM
skank-a-holic

Originally posted by FLZ
I was'nt trying to offend you.......I'll hand it to you for your accomplishments.......The house from what I can see looks georgeous......Car ain't bad either.......I'm no Bill Gates by any means, but just a look at the one photo sure appears,(to me anyway), above a 36G a year income.......Again, no offense....Now, what's the secret...:-)
Its all good I understand completely! Some friends that visit for the first time think im rich or something ...all in all, it didn't happen overnight. The homeowner asso. fees kill me that way my worst mistake.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:30 PM
skank-a-holic

Originally posted by TurK
your an idiot learn how to read

get it through your head that ppl dont have to make 100k+ year to have everything they want.....saving up and having good credit plays a big roll....plus i rather be a cop and make 20k a year then sit in a office and make 100k a year.
Thanks for the back-up Turk

Aside from the first sentence.... well said!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Ep3

well in yonkers NY the pigs are really f'ed up ive been pulled over 10 + times in the past 2 years for doing absolutly nothing wrong... im really not complaining for this because if i was pulled over for the **** i do the fines would be worse... but in any case more then half the times i am asked to get out and they feel my ***** and F up the inside of my car looking for stuff.. TNT & narcs are the worst of them all but when they fine you they usually dont show up to court.. i met 1 nice cop on YPD in all my years of living.. but im not a hater you have a nice house mang
Old 01-05-2005, 02:57 PM
skank-a-holic

Originally posted by Ep3
well in yonkers NY the pigs are really f'ed up ive been pulled over 10 + times in the past 2 years for doing absolutly nothing wrong... im really not complaining for this because if i was pulled over for the **** i do the fines would be worse...
LMAO!! that is funny! at least your honest! lol

but in any case more then half the times i am asked to get out and they feel my ***** and F up the inside of my car looking for stuff..
It is YOUR LEGAL RIGHT to decline any searches!!!

i met 1 nice cop on YPD in all my years of living.. but im not a hater you have a nice house mang
Thanks! and just for the record... there are plenty of bad cops, just dont judge them all that way

Last edited by skank-a-holic; 01-05-2005 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Hard not to hate Cops!!!!