Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard not to hate Cops!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Bball122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard not to hate Cops!!!!

OK here's the deal. I have now (as of last night) been pulled over 3 different times (different officers) for my "liscense plate light being out." The first time it happened I thought nothing of it and just checked it when I got back and it was working. The second time I asked the cop to check again and he claimed it was out. Then on the way home I pulled over and checked. It was working beautifully....

By the way, each time they asked to search my car!

The third time this happened the officer came to the car and said the same thing as the previous two. I said that I didn't believe him, called him a liar and got out while he told me to remain in my car. I stormed to the back of my car and looked and sure enough the damn thing was WORKING!!! I was so pissed I wanted to knock the brakes off that cop.

I then got HIS information and called in a complaint and filed a report against him. This and many other situations makes me have a passionate hate for cops. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Low J.
Banned

yup, if cops want to pull you over they'll just make something up so they have probable cause. I was pulled over once back in the day just because I had a 3 inch high sticker on the back of my truck that had the "F" word on it.

Another time I got a ticket for doing 88mph in a 65mph zone.....in reality I was doing about 55mph because I had a CRX HF with about 60hp, A/C on, a new engine in the back, and going on a steep long upgrade about a mile long. I took all this info to court and the judge ruled in my favor saying I couldn't have been going that fast....and I wasn't either. Sometimes I dunno what motivates the bad cops to randomly hassle people. There's plenty of real crimes happening...go hassle those people.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:39 PM
k4ngsta

its worse in LA ..

we got the good cops and the ***** cops
Old 01-04-2005, 12:49 PM
ANXIOUZ

Besides getting some looks from cops as I drive by, so far I haven't had any problems in the Z. However, I just had some window tint put on and I was worried enough about being pulled over that I wimped out and went with 38% all around.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
FLZ

I just got my second ticket in as many months....(knock on wood)......All my own doing but, The cops that I've been stopped by were both curious about my car......It did'nt save me any tickets, and I'm not a huge fan of power-ego types, but these guys were just doing their job.......Sounds like harassment in the author's case......Now if I can just loose some weight in my right foot.....Although, the wallet is a lot lighter now....:-(

P.s. Most cops fall a bit short in affording these Zs......So a little envy might be some of the reason.....Especially if a youngen' is driving one.......Just a thought?

Last edited by FLZ; 01-04-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:17 PM
ROME

BBall sure you arent in S.C. cause one time this cop pulled me over and he said "I pulled you over cause I was bored". Needless to say my complaint and many others got this cop fired.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:31 PM
skank-a-holic

Is it possible your plate light has a short in it
Old 01-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Sr. Panza

I used to get hasseled a lot by cops cause I used to look too young to drive when I first got my license (all but 16 years ago). It's true that cops will come up with anything just to pull you over. My first car was a Jetta GLI and once this cop pulled me over for having 'illegal light reflectors' in my headlights. By the time I got done asking him what the hell he was talking about he had already cited me for tinted windows and other small modifications on my car. Needless to say the 'illegal light reflectors' were normal for that car though I did have to take the tint off. I remember being one really pissed off 16 year old.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:08 PM
dirtyelk

i'm yet to get a ticket in the z
Old 01-04-2005, 02:13 PM
doodeitstom

What part of texas are you from bball? I used to get pulled over by cops all the time here in collin county. But then again, I used to drive a super slammed baby blue hatchback with no exhaust back in '98. God I hated that car.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
FLZ

Originally posted by dirtyelk
i'm yet to get a ticket in the z

Patience my friend.....Like it says in your intro: newbie......j.k., hope you never have one.....pain in the AS*......gl2u, Dave
Old 01-04-2005, 03:51 PM
002-M-P

Damn, I have never been pulled over in either my old 420hp RX7 w/ 3" pipes and a downtube dump pipe (loudest car I have even been in) or in my Z (and believe me, I'm always on it out of places through 2nd gear even in 35 mph zones). Maybe there aren't that many ******* cops around here. I have had alot come up in a parking lot or the gas station to talk to me about my car.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
tylerdurden

Originally posted by FLZ

P.s. Most cops fall a bit short in affording these Zs......So a little envy might be some of the reason.....Especially if a youngen' is driving one.......Just a thought? [/B]
I don't know what they pay cops in Boca, but in my county regular patrolman can make close to 6 figures with OT. More than enough to buy this car.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 01-04-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:04 PM
FLZ

Originally posted by tylerdurden
I don't know what they pay cops in Boca, but in my county regular patrolman can make close to 6 figures with OT. More than enough to buy this car.
Not sure what Florida pays.....Pretty sure that in a cop's early career here, it is way too little...On LI on the other hand? What part you from? Dave

UPDATE:

2003 Year End Stats.....

FHP starting: $32,700.

Palm Beach County: $32,952.

Broward County: $34,472

Boca Raton (city): $40,293.00

All these are basic starting salaries...........I see only pre-owned 280z's or 300zx's for these folk at first.....

Last edited by FLZ; 01-04-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Etka

Ive been pulled over like 8 times for looking young and each time they take my lisence and run it through their computer and send me on my way. I got pulled over on the way to the spectrum and on the way back from it. The spectrum is a mall btw.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Janus

I remember in '96 heading to school. As I went up Chapman Ave. there was this bank blocked off, and tons of cops/swat/emt vehicles around it.

Apparently some guy had robbed this same bank FIVE TIMES. And finally the security guards got their guns out in time on the robber. Unfortunately the robber managed to hit one of the security guards in the gunfight and the guard died.

The Bank in question is less than 3 miles from the Police Station for the area.

Where were the cops you might ask?

Well as we pulled up to school (I was in HS then...) I saw no less than 3 unmarked police cars giving tickets to kids not wearing their bicycle helmets and jay-walking. One patrol car just sitting on the road doing nothing, and 2 bike cops writing tickets to kids for frivolous traffic violations.

I'm glad those cops were keeping the streets safe!

Oh yeah, the robber got away, only to be arrested later robbing a liqour store somewhere else.

THANKS ORANGE COUNTY PD! GLAD YOU DO SOMETHING BESIDES EAT DONUTS!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:13 AM
skank-a-holic

Originally posted by Janus
I remember in '96 heading to school. As I went up Chapman Ave. there was this bank blocked off, and tons of cops/swat/emt vehicles around it.
If you say this...

Where were the cops you might ask?
...then why this?

Well as we pulled up to school (I was in HS then...) I saw no less than 3 unmarked police cars giving tickets to kids not wearing their bicycle helmets and jay-walking. One patrol car just sitting on the road doing nothing, and 2 bike cops writing tickets to kids for frivolous traffic violations.
In short, you see "tons" of cops on your way in (obvious that the incident already occured) but yet you make it sound like the cops are doing nothing about the shooting. Must be doing something with "tons of cops/swat/emt vehicles" on the scene.

Lets not forget theres a City to run and school zones to be monitored. If theres an armed killer on the run... what a better place to be then a school full of innocent helpless kids. The one Officer in the patrol vehicle "doing nothing" is probably there for presence. This would make me feel good knowing theres a killer on the run and the Police are at my childs school.

These kids should be wearing helmets and not "J" walking... statistics will show less head injury and deaths when struck by a vehicle on a bicycle with protective gear. Its only for the safety of the child if a knuckle head decides to side swipe a kid on his bike.

I'm glad those cops were keeping the streets safe!
Me to

Oh yeah, the robber got away, only to be arrested later robbing a liqour store somewhere else.

Great!! they got him! They must have been doing there job

THANKS ORANGE COUNTY PD! GLAD YOU DO SOMETHING BESIDES EAT DONUTS!
Yeah, thanks for getting a killer off the streets!

Keep in mind... you cant put a Police Officer at the door step of every business in the state.

anus, your post just dont make sense
Old 01-05-2005, 04:50 AM
skank-a-holic

Originally posted by FLZ
Not sure what Florida pays.....Pretty sure that in a cop's early career here, it is way too little...On LI on the other hand? What part you from? Dave

UPDATE:

2003 Year End Stats.....

FHP starting: $32,700.

Palm Beach County: $32,952.

Broward County: $34,472

Boca Raton (city): $40,293.00

All these are basic starting salaries...........I see only pre-owned 280z's or 300zx's for these folk at first.....
My house (just had it built 7 months ago) and my 2004 Z on $36,500

Old 01-05-2005, 05:02 AM
FLZ

Originally posted by Conquer
My house (just had it built 7 months ago) and my 2004 Z on $36,500

Both the car and the House are sweet......The math does'nt add up......Forgeting something?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:49 AM
skank-a-holic

Originally posted by FLZ
Both the car and the House are sweet......The math does'nt add up......Forgeting something?
Thanks!.... be more specific! Forgeting what? Theres nothing more to the story Is it hard to believe that theres people out there that manage money well and has outstanding credit

...by all means, this does'nt happen over night. Work hard, save $$, and pay bills on time. At 35 I think I have done well for myself!

Quick Reply: Hard not to hate Cops!!!!