2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

AutoX & Speedtrial events in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 10:57 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoX & Speedtrial events in Miami

There is an AutoX and Speedtrial event going on at Miami Metro Zoo November 23/24 , with Autocross and class for people wanting to speed trial on Saturday, and speed trial on Sunday.

From someone that has been there (mav): "The speed trial event is not exactly an AutoX. Its more like a mini-road course. Much faster and less technical than an AutoX is. You will be running in the SCCA B-Stock class. All you need is $45 to run, sign a waiver and bring a Snell certified helmet (a typical motorcycle helmet will do). If any of you guys have never done any AutoX before, then you may want to come out on Saturday afternoon for the Speed Trial school (another $40). Not necessary, but if you don't, you will have to say that you've done it before if asked!!. Personally I didn't do the school option and I placed 4th in the class my first time around. If you know how to drive, you should be ok."

Here is alink to the daily schedule http://autox.carlc.com/calendar.htm

Please post here if you are planning to attend so we can look out for each other or maybe meet before going in or email me at westpak@bellsouth.net At this time I am planning to attend Sunday, not sure about Saturday, I will post if things change.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:41 PM
mav

Yeah it will be lots of fun... we have a similar thread on s2ki.com as reference:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=90004

I will be running my S2000 in the speed trial on Sunday. I hope to run against some of you 350Z guys.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:28 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by mav
Yeah it will be lots of fun... we have a similar thread on s2ki.com as reference:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=90004

I will be running my S2000 in the speed trial on Sunday. I hope to run against some of you 350Z guys.
Well, I plan to be there, I think I will try the Speed Trials a it wont require as much finesse from what I understand, but may go Saturday to get the class.

Mav, do you need the car you are going to use on the Speed Trial for the class?
Old 11-08-2002, 03:58 AM
mav

I don't think you will need the actual car on Saturday for the school.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:34 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by mav
I don't think you will need the actual car on Saturday for the school.
Ok, I was thinking of driving down for the class and then down again Sunday so I wanted to drive my other car but I am now thinking of staying with my parents anyway.

I think we will have a few more people, we'll se as time nears.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:20 PM
mav

OK Cool. Also count my friend in for the 350Z group. He's a member of this forum but I'm not sure what his SN is. He has a Super Black/Orange Touring. BTW, the Orange is very sharp! I likes...
Old 11-10-2002, 06:09 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by mav
OK Cool. Also count my friend in for the 350Z group. He's a member of this forum but I'm not sure what his SN is. He has a Super Black/Orange Touring. BTW, the Orange is very sharp! I likes...
It's going to be fun, we'll see how many others we can get there, maybe we can meet up Saturday night.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:47 AM
mav

Yeah that would be cool... We can have a group dinner or something. We'll see as the time nears. How many 350Z guys are planning to attend?
Old 11-11-2002, 06:38 PM
mike952

Ok, I want to go...but my Z will not be broken in by then...so I'll probably go just for the get-together afterwards and also to see them in action
Old 11-11-2002, 07:07 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by mike952
Ok, I want to go...but my Z will not be broken in by then...so I'll probably go just for the get-together afterwards and also to see them in action
You already have had the car over the weekend and you have two weeks until the event, come on a true Z'er would easily pass the 1200 miles. I broke the 1200 in less than two weeks and I work from home, not bad for no commute. You can do it Mike.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:16 PM
mike952

Yea, but the thing is...it's my second car. Even with that, I drove it continously pretty much since last wednesday and now have 400. But today was the first day it rested by itself in the garage with no usage; and I am sure the next 400 will take at least a week if not more.

Originally posted by westpak
You already have had the car over the weekend and you have two weeks until the event, come on a true Z'er would easily pass the 1200 miles. I broke the 1200 in less than two weeks and I work from home, not bad for no commute. You can do it Mike.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:30 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by mike952
Yea, but the thing is...it's my second car. Even with that, I drove it continously pretty much since last wednesday and now have 400. But today was the first day it rested by itself in the garage with no usage; and I am sure the next 400 will take at least a week if not more.
I might take that as an excuse but I also have another car which has basically sat idle for the last 2 1/2 months with just a couple of outings. You are just not thinking right, you have to start eating out more often or at least drive through, only do one errand at a time so you have to go back out. Either way hope you can come out.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:02 PM
mike952

Originally posted by westpak
I might take that as an excuse but I also have another car which has basically sat idle for the last 2 1/2 months with just a couple of outings. You are just not thinking right, you have to start eating out more often or at least drive through, only do one errand at a time so you have to go back out. Either way hope you can come out.
No, seriously. I decided to keep my little SUV (Honda CRV) for convenience purposes #1 because the dealer wasn't really nice on the valuating it...and #2 because there are many places where I wouldn't want to take my Z -- the office being one of those places.

Believe it or not, the office parking space is full (repeat FULL)..of old treas with leaves falling off and bird dumpings everywhere. I litterally have to wash my CRV every couple of days in order avoid getting permanent leaf stains and/or bird crap...it almost a ritual already. I just finished washing both of them and waxing the CRV with normal wax last night (waiting for the Zaino for the Z). I'll see if I can take a picture of both of them in the lime light so you can see (an excuse to take it out of the garage and put a few miles on it around the neiborhood)...
Old 11-12-2002, 04:13 AM
mav

This whole breakin thing is over-rated.

My S2000 was BEGGING me to abuse on it the first day so I took it up to 100MPH plus on Day 1. Mind you, I never took it over the factory recommended 6000RPM during breakin. Gotta love a car that revs like a motorcycle. After 500 miles the fun began (Honda recommends a 600 mile breakin period).

1200 miles is a lot!!! I think it would be safe to cut it in half or drive to Orlando and back, although city driving is recommended for "proper" breakin. Hope you guys can come out, last event of the year... the next one won't be until Spring 03.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:33 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by mav
This whole breakin thing is over-rated.

My S2000 was BEGGING me to abuse on it the first day so I took it up to 100MPH plus on Day 1. Mind you, I never took it over the factory recommended 6000RPM during breakin. Gotta love a car that revs like a motorcycle. After 500 miles the fun began (Honda recommends a 600 mile breakin period).

1200 miles is a lot!!! I think it would be safe to cut it in half or drive to Orlando and back, although city driving is recommended for "proper" breakin. Hope you guys can come out, last event of the year... the next one won't be until Spring 03.
You might be right, I ventured into the higher RPM's a couple of times but I figured better safe than sorry. I think the main thing is not to do it when the car is cold and also to avoid constant RPM's for a prolonged time.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:13 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Just a Bump up since we are 1 week away. Any takers????
Old 11-18-2002, 08:36 AM
westpak
SFZCC

OK so far I have two other guys from the area that will be going to this, please let me know if anyone else is interested email me at westpak@bellsouth.net and I will keep posted as to the event.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:54 AM
mav

All three for the speed trial? COOL!

We S2000 guys are interested to see how you guys run on Sunday. Sorta friendly competition...
Old 11-19-2002, 05:54 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by mav
All three for the speed trial? COOL!

We S2000 guys are interested to see how you guys run on Sunday. Sorta friendly competition...
I know one for sure probably only make the AutoX, the other I am waiting on confirmation but possibly the speedtrial, the third only the speedtrial and I will definetly make it for at least the speedtrial and maybe the autox.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:54 PM
JJH

I don't have a 350Z yet, but i'm going to try and go with my Camaro. I've been dying to autox it, and i finally got some decent tires on it. I cant wait to see the 350z in action on the autox, where its meant to be driven!!!
Your cars kick serious ***!

JJ

Quick Reply: AutoX & Speedtrial events in Miami